News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Roddick19

Roddick19 Profile Photo
Member Name: Roddick19
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Patricia Clarkson as Blanche DuBois?
 Aug 7 2005, 11:14:24 PM
She was fabulous! The production as a whole was the least-well done (meaning not bad but not as fantastic as the rest) of the series, but she was a fabulous Blanche. It was a stunning performance and I am priviledged to say I witnessed it.
Frozen playbill.com
 Jul 25 2005, 11:35:05 PM
Does anyone know why playbill.com seems to be frozen on July 17th? They haven't updated since that day and it's strange...
re: Studentix
 May 30 2005, 06:53:43 PM
It's a great program. I Saw Light in the Piazza from the five row center for $20!!!! And there was no waiting in line early in the morning. Totally worth it!
Light in the Piazza OCR Wide Release
 May 27 2005, 12:21:29 AM
Has anyone who doesn't live in New York bought the Light in the Piazza recording? I live in DC, which one would think is a large theatre town, but have struck out on finding the cast recording in three different large chain record stores (Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Sam Goody's). I'm actually going to Florence (go figure) on Wednesday, and would really like to by the CD before I leave. Anyone with ideas, please share.
re: 2005 DRAMA DESK Nominations - Reactions???
 Apr 28 2005, 01:54:19 PM
I'm so happy Matt Morrison got a nod for Light in the PIazza. He is being so overlooked by critics because of the magnitude of Victoria Clark (who is amazing). I'm so so so excited for him!!!
re: Underground Musicals
 Apr 26 2005, 11:47:24 AM
Not sure if this counts because it has such a cult-like following, but Bat Boy: the musical is amazing, both the off-Broadway and London casts!
re: Bare's Michael Arden Goes it Solo at Joe's Pub May 2 - playbill.com
 Apr 26 2005, 11:46:07 AM
Was this a previously announced concert? I don't remember reading about it...sounds awesome!
Symphony Space Songs for a New World
 Apr 26 2005, 10:18:22 AM
I bought tickets, but haven't seen any press about it since the inital announcement. Is anyone else going to this on Sunday?
re: Off to New York for 2 weeks...any suggestions?
 Apr 21 2005, 07:10:01 PM
Doubt and The Pillowman, -- two plays that can't steer you wrong.
re: Any recent news on Arden?
 Apr 18 2005, 11:01:08 PM
He's appearing in the Symphony Space's concert version of Songs for a New World on May 1st. John Tartaglia is in it as well.
re: Best bio ever!
 Apr 17 2005, 09:23:07 PM
John Patrick Shanley (the playwright) talks about all of the schools and instutions he's been thrown out of in his bio. Then, he asks you to email him if you have any theories as to why this happened AND he provides an email address that he regularly checks. He'll respond if you send him something.
re: NYU Parade Review
 Feb 18 2005, 12:22:40 PM
I'm so glad you liked it!! Michael and Ryan are very good friends of mine (I stage manage for vocal performance sometimes) so I'll make sure to pass along the good news!
re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol
 Feb 17 2005, 09:24:24 AM
He's my FAVORITE on American Idol. Was he Roger on the tour???
re: MTC Internship
 Feb 15 2005, 09:46:04 AM
I worked with the education department of MTC at an event back in October and talked to their internship coordinator. It sounds like a good program, but only if you're not a full time student. It's a huge commitment and it doesn't pay THAT well.; At the same time, the education internship (the intern was there so I talked to him a lot) sounds like a GREAT opportunity and chance to really experience working for a theatre company. I'd imagine you can always call them if you have more questions
re: Song and Dance
 Feb 14 2005, 10:38:06 AM
Thanks guys! That info is perfect!
Song and Dance
 Feb 14 2005, 09:43:04 AM
Hey guys!
My voice teacher assigned me "Unexpected Song" and wants me to bring her a summary of the show it's from, "Song and Dance." I googled and got a one-sentence synopsis that doesn't really make sense. Does anyone know where I could get one or can give me one?

Thanks!

re: Movin' Out 2.6.05
 Feb 8 2005, 01:51:13 PM
"Michael Cavanaugh did not perform and Wade Preston was there in his place...On top of that Brenda, Judy and Tony were all out so their understudies went on."

Are you sure they were understudies or just the matinee cast? All of the leads are double cast, as is Michael, so that they do not perform two shows in the same day, as there are two shows Wednesdays and Saturdays. All matinees have a different cast than the night time performances.

Did you get to see Rasta? He's such a

re: Hurlyburly tickets
 Feb 7 2005, 11:51:01 AM
I wasn't aware that the run was completely sold out. That sucks if it is because I really wanted to see the show! You could always just go to the box office and see if they have single tickets -- often that happens.
re: John Selya not in Movin Out?
 Feb 1 2005, 01:53:20 PM
I saw Movin' Out last Thursday and sadly, John was no longer in the playbill.

However, one of his replacements, Rasta Thomas, is the most beautiful dancer I've ever seen in my entire life! He does all of the matinee performances as well as Thursday evenings. If you have a chance to see a performance at any of these times, take it. Rasta is not to be missed!

re: Renee Zellweger?
 Feb 1 2005, 12:28:14 PM
She was approached about being in Neil LaBute's new play This is How It Goes at the Public Theater, but nothing new has been announced. However, when they announced Ben Stiller had been "approached," they posted stories that he was cast after about a week.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You