News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for creasemouse

creasemouse Profile Photo
Member Name: creasemouse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Marguerite - Trailer
 May 20 2008, 12:23:00 PM
It is a fantastic piece. The score, plot & design are amazing.

Ruthie gives the best performance of her life and the rest of the cast aren’t too far behind. My only snag is the script is quite poor at times.

It’s press night tonight. I really hope it does well.

After a stream of naff juke box musicals, reality TV casting shows and Gone with the Wind (LOL) London is really suffering.

re: Drowsy in London
 Jun 9 2007, 09:49:55 AM
I wouldnt say Benny Hill is a national treasure anymore. He was very much in the 70's but now most of just find him dated and very sexist. Still BH exports very well.

I think the last NY show to do well in London was Chicago. I guess it's too early too tell on Wicked - although this show is doing well despite getting mostly bad reviews

Drowsy in London
 Jun 9 2007, 06:54:22 AM
I have to say I quite agree with them, especially the one from the Guardian and the Indep.

I guess it suffers because the Open Air Theatre in Regents Park is bringing back it’s fantastic production of The Boyfriend. This last year stared Summer Strallen aka Janet Vandergraff

However I think it's me and the critics who are alone everyone who sees it, loves it. It didn’t get a standing ovation but it still got a a big cheer. Despite this I’ts very easy to get reduced tickets for the brand new show with a star in – Looks like this show may not last too long in London

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/theatre/drama/reviews/story/0,,2097303,00.html

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=207&story=E8821181203840

http://arts.independent.co.uk/theatre/reviews/article2632876.ece

re: John Doyle's next projects
 May 21 2007, 05:18:12 PM
sorry really EXCELLENT
re: John Doyle's next projects
 May 21 2007, 04:54:33 PM
He did do an acotr musican Into theWoods about 8 years ago. I hear it was really but alas I never go to see it
John Doyle's next projects
 May 18 2007, 06:56:21 PM
He has just directed Lucia de Lammermoor for Scottish Opera and it got amazing reviews. A production of Peter Grimes is coming to the met and Merrily we Roll Along to the Watermill Theatre (Berkshire, UK)

Does anyone know what happened to Barnum? and if plans to direct a different piece in San Diego or anywhere else

re: Sondheim's Bounce--opinions?
 May 17 2007, 08:06:17 AM
FROGS:

I would love to read both scripts. Where did you get yours from?

I very much like the sound of the first recording. The second one sounds a bit pop for my tastes. Although im maybe biased due to my love of classical and opera

If John Doyle could somehow combine the first version, with I love to Travel, Dress Big and new version Ariodane (Maybe for her to sing) and restore the original ending then I think we would have a perfect show.

re: Sondheim's Bounce--opinions?
 May 17 2007, 07:47:31 AM
About this time last year SJS gave a talk at the Queen’s Theatre in London. He said something along the lines of …Chicago was 85% there, Washington was 90% there. Were doing some re writes and rehearsed reading then hopefully a new staged version will appear after that

I too would love to see the Frogs, although I think the changes Nathan Lane made are a bit too didactic. I think that’s why it didn’t go down too well at the Lincoln Centre. The fleshing out of characters is great and

re: Curtains - Recording
 Apr 3 2007, 04:08:01 PM
Yay thats fantastic. Thank you

It was great coming to NY and knowing the recordings of Company and Grey Gardens so when we saw them we had familiarity. However also great to be knocked back by the wonder tht is Curtains - Also really sad to see the last Kander and Ebb show to open. But at least when I get the recording, fantastic NY memories will flow back

Curtains - Recording
 Apr 3 2007, 03:51:41 PM
Curtains was one of the highlights of my recent NY trip. I love it. I guess it will get recorded?

Pleaseeeeeeee

New York Trip
 Jan 22 2007, 10:36:49 AM
Hello, I'm planning on flying over from London in March to see Grey Gardens and Company. Do you think these shows will still be running?

Many thanks

Michael John LaChiusa
 Jan 15 2007, 09:43:29 AM
Does anyone know what he is working next?

I notice how he writes a show almost every year. Three last year infact or two if you deduct Hotel C'est L'Amour as I guess it’s review.

Ta.

re: Grey Gardens - Changes
 Jan 14 2007, 02:23:43 PM
Thanks for your responses - Oww I love those songs. although i guess the new are just as good? tell the story better?

Any chance of a new recording?

I hope London gets to see this show real soon. But im still waiting for the Frogs, Light in the Piazza and 100's of others

Grey Gardens - Changes
 Jan 14 2007, 01:41:13 PM
Hello.

I've recently got the GG CD and Wow. I'm in love with it. I've heard it's changed quite a bit since the recording was made and the show opened on Broadway

Could someone explain some of the changes for me ?

Many thanks

re: Sondheim & Webber rivalry?
 Apr 17 2006, 03:22:34 PM
theyboth produce very different types of musicals

both having very different types of markets...I'm sure some people can't decide to see Woman in White or Company or what ever but that will be very few

in london they both play to very different houses, ALW having big commerical theatre. Sondheim in small commerical, fringe or state theatre/opera houses.

ive never been on ALW chat board but I know the sondhiem ones sondeheim.com does have some very intellecutal thing

re: scary moments
 Apr 17 2006, 01:02:28 PM
act two of sweeney

the ending of cabaret

re: The Threepenny Opera (my take on it) 4/15 2pm -err..Possible Spoilers
 Apr 17 2006, 11:31:13 AM
What is Studio 54 like now, Ive only been to NY once and caught Cabaret there. I fell in love with the venue

From the looks of the seating plan, it now looks like a 'proper theatre' no more tables - boo hiss!

Also what is the set design like for the show? - red curtains, costume racks and neon lights. Sounds great. I love mininal staging

finally, Where is the band based, are they still up on a balcony?

I also have a strong interest in the works of Kurt Wei

re: The Pirate Queen & Cameron Mackintosh
 Apr 16 2006, 08:51:50 PM
Sorry I'm only relaying rumours of what I read months ago on WoS. Someone there may know more but who is to know it is the truth...
In conclusion from me
 Apr 16 2006, 08:39:36 PM
OK, So I never read FAQ's

And I never realised how commerical this board this.

That I will have to live with.

However I still stick to my points:

Different view points different insights

You don't have to read them if you don't want to.

And a lot of clutter is taken up by posters stating "I agree" Or "Thankyou"

That is the last I will be saying in this post, unless some one starts swearing at me
re: The Pirate Queen & Cameron Mackintosh
 Apr 16 2006, 08:31:55 PM
Im not sure if it a musical as such but more an Irish Dance Show along the line of River Dance and Lord of the Dance

It may not be CM sytle and because of this a new thing (excitement and fears)which can bring many challenges and rewards.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You