News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Heymjo

Member Name: Heymjo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help Me Decide!
 May 14 2016, 01:55:02 AM

I can only speak to three of the shows.  She Loves Me is by far the best of the bunch.  It's a wonderful show, and I loved it.  Having seen the original, I can tell you that this is almost as good.  I say that because nothing beats Barbara Cook!  Although Laura Benanti is a sensation all her own.  I could easily see it again. 

Waitress was terrible and should be 86ed from anyone's list.  While Jesse Meuller is by far the best

Is Chad Kimball ever in MEMPHIS?
 Aug 14 2010, 06:05:08 PM
I think the reason we buy "falling in love at first sight" in West Side Story, Oklahoma and dozens of other shows, but not in "Memphis," is because in the other shows, the story line focuses on their love and its consequences and the characters are decent people whom we root for. In "Memphis," the guy is a sleaze who cannot rise above his own selfishness. Hence, when the opportunity arises for him to go North with her, he chooses Memphis and his own popularity instead of this "great love." He
Is Chad Kimball ever in MEMPHIS?
 Aug 13 2010, 12:03:30 AM
I wish Kimball had missed tonight's performance! I saw Memphis and absolutely detested his character. There was nothing appealing about this character. He had ZERO chemistry with Glover. He sang well, but I didn't know if the sleaze was in the character or if he was just really drunk. He moved around the stage as if he had to go to the bathroom or as if someone had stuck a stick in an inappropriate place. It really ruined the show for me. I never felt anything for him and never bought int
re: Greene Replaces Green in WEST SIDE STORY
 Aug 7 2009, 12:10:42 PM
Understudies can, and often are, great -- sometimes even better than the "name" who was cast in the role. So seeing an understudy isn't necessarily a bad thing -- unless it's a West Side Story understudy. Sorry, but the 16 understudies I saw gave competent to sub-par performances, and at $125 a ticket, competent just doesn't cut it. While the U/S for Maria was competent, the U/S for Anita -- a very key role -- was horrendous. She screeched her way through "A Boy Like That" because the key wa
re: Greene Replaces Green in WEST SIDE STORY
 Aug 6 2009, 01:01:46 AM
Wow, am I glad I found this thread. I saw WSS last night (Aug. 4) and hated it. There were 16 understudies in that night and not one of them was worth the price of a bargain matinee movie ticket at at $2.00 theatre. The U/S for Anita screeched her way through "A Boy Like That." She could neither sing nor dance. And as for Matt Cavanaugh, I don't know what show he was doing, but it certainly wasn't WSS. His line delivery made me think he thought he was playing a villain in some cheap melodr
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You