News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sccates

Member Name: sccates
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Yvonne De Carlo in Hello, Dolly!
 Mar 1 2012, 10:56:38 AM
I was in junior high at the time when this tour played in my home-town of Joplin, Mo. Being a big MUNSTERS fan, I was excited to see Yvonne DeCarlo, and was extremely disappointed to hear over the loud-speaker that she was ill and would not be playing that night. Nice production, though, and her under-study did a great job.
Addams Family cast on Letterman right now!
 Apr 7 2010, 12:44:42 AM
I have been reading so many bad things about this show, but I really liked this song. If the rest of the show is on par with this, it cannot be all that bad.
Jackie Hoffman's Video Blog
 Mar 31 2010, 08:22:35 PM
I love it! She is the Rodney Dangerfield of "the Broadway" (as she puts it). I would love to see her acceptance speech on the Tony broadcast; she deserves one just for these video diaries!
Jackie Hoffman's Video Blog
 Mar 24 2010, 05:30:23 PM
Hopefully this has not been posted yet, but I just finished watching the latest installment of Jackie Hoffman's video blog on Broadway.com, and her sense of humor is so evident. Does she really have it in for Scientology as seems evident in her remarks? Anyway, it is a humorous way to spend about eight minutes, so I recommend it.
Kevin Kline as Pirate King great video
 Feb 28 2010, 01:24:18 PM
Actually, I just discovered that Hulu.com has the entire motion picture version on-line now, complete with Kevin Kline, Angela Lansbury and Rex Smith. I used to own the movie on the "antique" RCA video disc format, but lost it in a house fire, so I was glad to find this. The songs are slightly truncated from the Broadway version, but I always loved this movie. I still enjoy putting on the cast album and singing along with each song!
re: Bye Bye Schmuckel On Good Morning America
 Oct 2 2009, 09:16:52 PM
I won't comment on the cast, for they seemed to be trying really hard, but the costumes-- yikes! I felt like I was watching a color episode of THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW, with the nauseating pastel color co-ordinated costumes. I don't remember teen-agers wearing pastel jeans in the fifties or sixties, or am I wrong?
re: I know I'm late to the party - but why did David Hyde Pierce beat Raul?
 Aug 5 2009, 10:29:33 PM
Could it be that more voters were impressed with David's performance? Is that too difficult a concept for the Raul fanatics to accept? Why must there always be a conspiracy theory, when the simple truth is self explanatory?
re: Am I the only one who would love a Garth Brooks musical?
 Jul 6 2009, 09:25:35 PM
When is this trend of musicals based on one artist's music catalogue going to end? Have we lost all creativity in the musical theater? Whatever happened to originality? I would hope that we would be encouraging more shows like NEXT TO NORMAL, LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA, RAGTIME, etc. Maybe it is just my opinion, but this is the type of musical theater that I want to see more of.
re: Is BWW Radio down?
 Jun 28 2009, 10:39:10 AM
I have had the same problem for a week or two.
re: Angela Lansbury -'it isn't fair'
 Jun 8 2009, 07:52:31 PM
Miss Lansbury was honoring the other nominees by stating that it was not fair that just one of them should be chosen as the best performance. She has too much class to have meant it in a negative way.
Jerry Herman tribute on Tony broadcast
 Jun 3 2009, 04:22:00 PM
Just read on another site that one of the performers involved in the Jerry Herman medley is saying that it is being eliminated. Apparently the network felt the need to cut this from the broadcast. Has anyone else heard of this?
re: Showtunes Channel on MusicChoice (digital cable)
 Apr 20 2009, 09:58:02 PM
I just happened to notice this on my digital music channels the other day, and was really disappointed. Living in Missouri, I also listened to this channel to hear a lot of the current tunes from the Broadway stage. It was one of the reasons I hated thinking of having to give up cable, which is a possibility for me. Now it does not matter as much, for I do not like the soundtrack music from films. Now I listen to the on-line stations like Playbill Radio and Accu-radio, where I can satisfy my
re: Legally Blonde review Bailey's opening night
 Jul 24 2008, 02:10:38 PM
The girl should be given a break -- it was her first night, the biggest night of her career so far, and she was probably inundated with countless interviews, friends and family, etc., so she could not spend all of her time at the stage door. Also, in regards to her height, I remember reading how so many were saying that Kristin Chenowith would have been great in the role -- well she is not exactly Paul Bunyon height either. Besides, on television it looked as if Autumn was about the same height
re: Vanessa and Kristin...Who will win?
 Jul 18 2008, 09:48:42 AM
Amy Poehler has turned in such a wide variety of hilarious performances that I think she truly deserves this award; my second choice is the always wonderful Jean Smart.
Fantasia in THE COLOR PURPLE movie musical
 May 22 2008, 08:21:48 AM
I just read a newspaper article this morning about the past American Idols, and when they came to Fantasia they stated that she has verified that she will be appearing in a motion picture version of Ophrah's musical. Is this correct, and if so does anyone else have any other information?
re: Earliest Musical/Theatre Memories
 Apr 7 2008, 06:17:22 PM
I remember when I was in junior high that a touring company of HELLO DOLLY! came to town, and it featured a star of my favorite tv show at the time--Yvonne DeCarlo {better known as Lily Munster). My mother knew I wanted to see her, and so she bought me a ticket [how I wish now that she had gone with me!}. Well, the night of the show, Yvonne came down with some illness, and when that was announced over the speaker-system, I was crushed, but the show went on and the understudy was great, and I d
Ain't Misbehavin video
 Mar 25 2008, 01:00:56 PM
Years ago NBC carried videotaped version of the great musical AIN'T MISBEHAVIN featuring all of the original cast members, including Nell Carter and Ken Page. I was curious if there exists any copy of that program (I believe it was later re-broadcast on the A&E network). I practically wore out my vinyl recording of this show, and would love to have a good video copy. Thank-you for your help, and may I just say that living in Missouri, I truly enjoy reading all of your comments about everythin
Fabulous Baker Boys
 Oct 24 2007, 10:10:14 PM
Has anyone thought of THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS as being a good basis for a Broadway musical? And if this sounds appealing, who should play the three leads? Just saw the movie again last night, and it would lend itself nicely to Broadway.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You