News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrewolf

theatrewolf Profile Photo
Member Name: theatrewolf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Showtunes to drive to.
 Jan 29 2007, 01:13:56 AM
Chess (London recording)
Reeefer Madness (Soundtrack)

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Oct 27 2006, 01:32:25 PM
When I did the summer musicals for Comstock Community Theatre back in MI, the theatre had to cast everybody who showed up (the city had no means of providing summer programs for children). The city paid the theatre to cast everyone. Every musical I did (Lil Abner, Oklahoma, Anything Goes, Annie Get Your Gun and Kiss Me Kate) the director and choreographer would have a mini me version of one of the songs for the kids. In KMK, I played one of the gangsters and after we performed Brush Up Your S
re: Possible Macy*s parade B'way performances?
 Oct 23 2006, 01:26:35 PM
If memory serves me correct, they did not have The Wedding Singer in last years parade.
I am surprised I haven't seen any of these mentioned
 Oct 18 2006, 06:04:55 PM
"Britney Spears as Helen Keller".

Hell, she's playing that part every day of her life.

re: Brian D'arcy James is Dr. Fronk-en-steen
 Oct 18 2006, 06:00:02 PM
Gene Wilder could play the deaf mute.
re: Wicked- Melting Scene
 Oct 17 2006, 11:54:42 AM
If the touring show is not able to do the melting scene because the theatre does not have trap door capabilities, how does Elphaba reveal herself at the end? Just walk on from the wings?
re: ACL Revival Recording
 Oct 13 2006, 01:07:29 PM
I was looking forward to hearing the new cast recording. Boy was I disappointed. At the Ballet sounded very nasal, IMO, and the husband in Sing (I forgot his name) sounds like he's performing at the Met. I will stick w/ the original.
re: Which Cast Recordings Are Worth Getting?
 Oct 11 2006, 05:34:58 PM
I have Bright Lights Big City and yes, I was disapointed with it. I usually put it on if I just want back ground noise. I liked Jesse L. Martin in Rent, but didn't care for all that much in BLBC. Oh well.
re: Young Frankenstein
 Oct 11 2006, 11:44:03 AM
Kristen has to play Elizabeth. Who else is going to be able to sing "oh sweet mystery of life..."
re: Female broadway performers who belt and sing soprano?
 Oct 5 2006, 04:11:48 PM
Florence Henderson?! When was she on Broadway?
re: Forbidden Broadway Showtune
 Oct 2 2006, 03:10:58 PM
It's hard to pick just one, but "I Dreamed A Show" and "Don't Cry For Me Barbara Streisand" come to mind.
re: Ana Gasteyer
 Oct 2 2006, 01:55:45 PM
She totally blew me away in Reefer Madness. Wish I could see her in Wicked. Looking forward to reading the reviews.
re: Ideas for a New Musical
 Sep 26 2006, 01:33:45 PM
Margaret!
The Musical
Bases on "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret."

re: Fun old theatre stories
 Sep 26 2006, 10:57:12 AM
..."Poisoned jelly!!!"

I've heard several variations on this story. In a nutshell, there was suppossed to be a fight between two characters. One of them is suppossed to pull out a gun/knife, but the prop was not there. Desperate to save the scene, the actor runs to the refridgerator (sp?) and pulls out a jar of jelly, opens it and starts throwing jelly at the other actor screaming...

re: wicked replacements
 Sep 25 2006, 01:50:25 PM
That's interesting. I was at Wicked last night and thought Megan was very funny. I wondered to myself if she would ever try to break into tv. Maybe once she's done w/ Wicked she will.
re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves
 Sep 11 2006, 05:19:22 PM
The lead female on The Scarlet Pimpernel (forget her name) makes me gag!!!! I skip over her songs to hear the men and chorus numbers.
And for the ones who dislike Marin Mazzie, shame on you!! :)

re: Megan Mullally in 'Karen: The Musical?'
 Sep 7 2006, 01:03:39 PM
I agree with a lot of you. Megan onstage would be great. I would be curious to see "Karen: The Musical". As long as it was Karen from the first four seasons, NOT the last four.
re: Ms. Tracy Turnblad...
 Sep 6 2006, 05:57:37 PM
I remember John T. as Babs on SNL. He was funny, but one ugly drag queen. I hope he can "pretty" up for the movie!!
re: Mary Poppins Broadway - Alterations?
 Sep 1 2006, 01:06:08 PM
Isn't the musical based on the book, which was darker in tone?
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Aug 29 2006, 06:20:29 PM
I just read in last Sunday's Parade magazine, a guy writes in and asks, "I heard a revival of A Chorus Line is coming back to Broadway. Are any of the origianl performers going to be in it?" That's sad, just.....sad.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You