News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovinlife

lovinlife Profile Photo
Member Name: lovinlife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm 22 and a dancer/singer/actor. Love the outdoors, fitness, and having a blast! Very dedicated to friends/family and love all theatre. Also like mainstream pop (a la Kelly Clarkson) and other things besides theatre, but the stage is my home.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows With A Great Cast But..
 Mar 22 2006, 04:42:50 PM
Thou Shalt Not- Amazing Cast (even a stellar ensemble), terrible show

re: I went in a skeptic, and came out a believer
 Mar 16 2006, 04:46:59 PM
Same kind of story: I went into Spelling Bee in Previews not knowing what the heck I was going to see. Now, I've gone back three times.
re: Lisa Brescia was the best Amneris.
 Mar 16 2006, 04:42:36 PM
Lisa was great, but I have to say hands down, having seen every Amneris except for Taylor Dayne, Felicia Finley was hands down the BEST Amneris.
re: Cirque du Soleil Angels out in Manhattan?
 Mar 16 2006, 04:39:20 PM
I cant wait!!!!!
re: Mac attack II - Cats revival
 Mar 16 2006, 04:38:09 PM
I would love to see it come back. However, they would need to do something to top the original production and the costs were high in the late 70's early 80's; I can't imagine what it would be now.
re: I went in a skeptic, and came out a believer
 Mar 16 2006, 04:32:14 PM
I dont know that everyone goes by statistic. Most people didn't speak very highly of Cats when it ran, it's like asking those people why.
re: Going to The Broadway Theatre--Seating Suggestions PLEASE!
 Mar 10 2006, 05:02:57 PM
Yes, the Mezzanine (FRONT ONLY) is a great pick for this theatre. Orchestra wise, avoid the sides, they're too cramped I have come to learn. Anything in Center Orch. up to row P or Front Mezz, any seat, would work nicely for your viewing pleasure!!
re: Miss Saigon...
 Mar 10 2006, 04:58:32 PM
I loooooove the video "The Heat Is On.. The Making Of Miss Saigon"! It has wonderful film footage of Lea's audition (as posted above), also of the show itself. Alan Boubil and Claude Michael-Schonberg(sp?) along with Cameron Macintosh all look stunned as she sings for them at the piano for the first time. It's an amazing moment. They're all unable to speak for a moment, then they just say, "Ok, Go in the middle and sing it... NOW!". She also asks them to sign a Les Mis poster or something of tha
re: Aida question
 Mar 10 2006, 04:51:24 PM
The entire show was impressive and never got really great reviews, but I always loved to go and see it (they had cheap Balcony seats!!).
re: stunning broadway stars?
 Mar 10 2006, 04:50:02 PM
Felicia Finley

Patrick Wilson

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Mar 3 2006, 12:27:45 PM
I think this is a healthy topic!!

I think no other musical will ever be as good as Cats.
I liked Dance of the Vampires.
I think The Producers is probably the worst musical I will have ever have seen.

re: Happy Birthday CAROUSEL !!!!!
 Feb 22 2006, 04:52:01 PM
Love it!! Have never seen it on the stage but am always moved by the movie, and I think it;s one of the best scores ever!!
re: DRS Seating (I know, I know.)
 Feb 22 2006, 04:48:04 PM
You'll get a general good view of the stage, but everyone has there own opinion. I like the mezz at the Imperial. Never even had a problem when I was way up there for Les Mis. If you dont like being higher up, you wont like these seats!

update on website
 Feb 22 2006, 04:44:36 PM
Defying Gravity is the title of Debbie Graviette's (sp?) new album and a terrible version is sung on it. I'm sure Shoshana could get the rights, but she will not be putting any broadway on her album. I believe she wants to try to go as mainstream pop/R&B as possible.
re: Do Original Cast members make profit from Original Cast Albums?
 Feb 22 2006, 04:41:30 PM
Good question.... no real answer. It really varies. I know some who are getting tiny and I mean tiny residuals. Mostly, No beyond the pay at the time of recording.
re: Piece the musical - Shoshana Bean singing 'Home'
 Feb 22 2006, 04:29:30 PM
To me she sounds nasily, but does a nice job overall!
re: Les Miz cast guessing
 Feb 22 2006, 12:34:27 PM
This is my Dream Cast:

Jean Valjean- not sure
Javert- Patrick Wilson
Fantine- Alice Ripley (it would be so nice to see Alice back on Broadway where she belongs)
Cosette- Laura Benanti/Kristen Chenowith, if Benanti does not work out (Benanti should and hopefully will be dropped or the producers of the musical "The Wedding Singer" will talk her into leaving!!!!! If so, she's my #1!!!)
Eponine- Eden Espinosa
Marius- Cheyenne Jackson
Enjolras- not sure/find someone

re: IT COULD HAVE SAVED THE FILM!!! (Rent Alternate Ending)
 Feb 22 2006, 12:20:40 PM
I just dont like the movie either way!!!
re: Martin Guerre
 Feb 22 2006, 11:40:35 AM
lololol
re: Is anyone going to see the Bombay Dreams National Tour???
 Feb 22 2006, 11:37:00 AM
Tamyra was OK, always very nervous. There is a DVD I bought at the theatre which documents the making of the musical and has about half of the productions numbers as Extra's. Also, they have Shaka-Laka Baby music video which is pretty corny but it worked. Try to find it on Amazon or something. It's a must have for any one who loves the show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You