News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IvyLynn

Member Name: IvyLynn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Idina Menzel World Tour  Aug 18 2015, 04:47:19 PM

"Not much has changed in regards to her "ego" since that first time I saw her in concert almost 15 years ago."

That's generally the consensus I've gotten from those who have attended! Hope that's true. One of Idina's most admirable qualities is her down-home sensibilities and reliability. 

If/Then tour cast  Aug 18 2015, 04:45:17 PM

Okay but I mean... Jackie has to be doing it, right? 

Anthony Rapp, LaChanze & James Snyder Will Join Idina Menzel for IF/THEN Tour in Select Cities!  Aug 14 2015, 10:05:38 AM

This is INCREDIBLE. 

I know people had mixed things to say about the show, and no, it was not a perfect piece, but I absolutely adored it (and continue to). The fact that the cast of this magnitude is choosing to tour with it just demonstrates how truly special a show this material really is. Idina Menzel alone was jaw dropping enough. Rapp, LaChanze, Snyder? This news has me weepy. I will certainly be seeing it in Los Angeles.

Good luck to the replacement touring c

BROADWAY THINGS: Wherein we state our opinions  Aug 12 2015, 11:15:29 AM

I'm certain this has to have been said in this thread already but:

Rosario Dawson was FAR superior in the role of Mimi than Daphne Ruben Vega. Acting wise, Rosario just nailed the rough around the edges vulnerability, and singing-wise, well, just listen to the two respective recordings (OBCR and film) and wait to see which one makes you cringe. DRV's part on "Another Day" is atrocious. 

Idina Menzel World Tour  Aug 7 2015, 10:15:23 AM

Glad to hear such positive responses! And also nice to hear that she's managing to have fun and keep things light and silly despite the size of these venues.

I really wonder if these huge arenas are where she (and her popularity) will remain, or if this is a moment in time type of thing, where she is able to sell an insane amount of tickets in the still-going Frozen hype. It really is wild to see these HUGE venues that are packed full of people-- and yes, I am aware of th

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  May 14 2015, 05:54:46 PM

Uh Wilson Jermaine Herredia is in no way a big enough name. 

But in regards to Taye doing the show to be closer to Idina and his son, I'm not so sure. She's touring the world all throughout the summer and then pretty immediately moving onto touring the west coast with If/Then. If anything, being committed to a show in NYC would make seeing his son that much harder. 

But ya know... What do I know?

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  May 14 2015, 12:33:08 PM

"Idina would be such a ridiculously fantastic Yitz that is hurts my soul we'll never get to see it"

Right? Physical pain.

Can you just imagine "Midnight Radio?"

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  May 14 2015, 10:45:11 AM

I think it's a pretty great move all around. Good way for him to get back to the theater and he's definitely an audience draw. Plus, as others have said, about time for a Hedwig of color!

So, how bout we get Idina doing Yitzhak along side him? (Kidding obviously, but let that thought soak in for a moment)

Idina Menzel to Reprise Leading Role in If/Then tour  May 12 2015, 03:54:34 PM

"I hope her voice doesn't go the route of Alice when she toured with N2N"

Well, considering Idina did the role for what was basically 18 months (if we include the out of town tryout), I imagine her voice will hold up just fine for the 3 months. 

Final If/Then Show  Mar 26 2015, 01:56:05 PM
"and Cranston is certainly bigger than Menzel..."

Well, by Hollywood standards, sure. But by stage door standards, I really don't think that is true. No one has a more veracious stage door audience than Idina. Maybe NPH and Hugh Jackman were on par, but even those two, I don't believe, had to endure the kind of raucous that that woman put up with. Totally don't blame her from cutting (way) down on the SD as the run went on. Could not have been enjoyable.

Tony Host 2015  Mar 24 2015, 05:29:20 PM
Not a speculation as to whom, but when do you guys think we can expect an announcement? Probably not too long now!
IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Mar 24 2015, 05:15:27 PM
whoops double posted.
IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Mar 24 2015, 04:28:26 PM
Implying that Idina should take the touring gig because she needs to "make bank" and has no other way to do so is actually laughable.

First of all, she doesn't need "bank." Not only was her If/Then paycheck surely very hefty, she's also still raking in residuals from "Let it Go," which went triple platinum. Of course, she didn't write it, but that's still a good chunk of change. Not to mention, she released her Xmas album, which isn't selling well anymore, but did very well at the time

NBC will release Smash  Jan 9 2013, 05:15:59 AM
She did an interview with, I believe it was Playbill, about a month ago where she said she would in fact be playing Marilyn's mother in the musical
NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion  Dec 19 2012, 08:09:58 PM
^Yes I work in the media so I got a screener. Doesn't premiere til February 5th.

And to whoever asked, every character that was written off is explained (briefly).

Look, to the doubters out there,and I know there are MANY, just go into season 2 with an open mind. Is it groundbreaking television? I don't need to answer that. But it's fun. And the first few episodes are so much better than the last few (or like 12) were. I think season 2 will be a pleasant surprise.

B

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion  Dec 18 2012, 08:59:10 PM
I watched the first two episodes (3 really since the first is 2 hours) and I can tell you already it has improved leaps and bounds from the first season. Of course Katharine McPhee still can't really act, Megan Hilty still outshines her almost embarrassingly so, and there are still moments in which I literally laugh out loud because of how unrealistic they are, but SO MUCH BETTER. The horrible characters are out and the new ones are great, especially Jeremy Jordan. In fact the one aspect I wasn'
SMASH Season 2 Trailer  Nov 20 2012, 12:19:50 AM
THIS. WAS. AMAZING. I can't...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You