News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for revlis

Member Name: revlis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

China Doll Previews Thread
 Nov 24 2015, 12:21:32 PM

Jish said: "Sorry if this ends up as a double post but didn't see my first show up.

Can somebody post a summary of act 2 under spoiler tags?

I'm interested too, cuz I have no idea what went on.

MISERY Reviews
 Nov 23 2015, 02:39:02 PM

Saw the show on Saturday. Great set, music, lighting, etc. Metcalf did a great job with this juicy role. Willis may as well have been a stagehand running lines with Metcalf. He was just a warm body, lending nothing to the lines. Truth is, he was exactly what I expected. In the end, it was entertaining enough for me to leave satisfied. Not great, but some fun at the theater for sure.

China Doll Previews Thread
 Nov 23 2015, 09:41:49 AM

Saw the show on Saturday, and unfortunately it's as bad as most are saying. Pacino did seem to know his lines quite well, but it was also obvious that he was looking a few different places for help (two laptops on stage). But that didn't bother me too much. What bothered me was that there was nothing interesting about the story. You could feel an enormous sigh from the audience at the end of act one, almost saying, "What the heck is going on here?" The script was bad; the st

Fish in the Dark Previews
 Feb 23 2015, 09:58:11 AM
Saw the matinee this past Saturday. Yes, this is an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, but that is exactly what we expected. Same old Larry David schtick, situations, set-ups, catch phrases, awkward moments, etc., and I thought it was great. Like any episode of Curb (for me at least) there comes a point where the formula becomes telegraphed and tired, and Fish is no exception. But just when you think the rhythm is lost, there is a saving funny moment. Was this a fantastic play? no, but it was ente
Fish in the Dark Previews
 Feb 5 2015, 10:17:59 PM
Uh oh.
I was kind of worried that this might be the case. I'm seeing the show in a couple weeks. Here's hoping that things can be tightened up by then. Would love to hear from someone who enjoyed the show.

Glengarry Glen Ross Previews
 Nov 19 2012, 10:27:17 AM
crazy people
Glengarry Glen Ross Previews
 Nov 19 2012, 09:08:31 AM
Went to the 11/17 evening show. Was a little bit worried after reading some posts here, but couldn't have loved the show more.

Wasn't sure how Pacino would pull off his role. I figured he'd over do it, as he has been known to do. It wasn't HOOWAH! yelling, barking Pacino. He surprised me with a slowed-down, gentle performance. He does play it more as a beaten down, former hotshot salesman - and at a much slower, deliberate pace than Lemmon in the movie - but I thought it was awesome. Th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You