News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for courtnyj

courtnyj Profile Photo
Member Name: courtnyj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/courtnyj
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: LuPone GYPSY to close March 1  Nov 13 2008, 08:56:36 PM
No real surprise there. Glad I was able to enjoy it a few times!

The Follies in Miniature Story  Oct 27 2008, 12:53:44 AM
Thank you PalJoey! And like BNN said thank you to all who have done what they can to save bits and pieces of the show for posterity.
re: For us Patti LuPone fans!  Oct 26 2008, 04:05:12 AM
I can only repeat those before me. Thank you.
re: Backstage w/ Billy Elliot's Dad - Starring Gregory Jbara  Oct 15 2008, 02:47:50 PM
Yay! I'm looking forward to the next installment!
re: Have you ever seen a Broadway performer on the Subway?  Oct 5 2008, 01:31:03 AM
Saw half the Spring Awakening cast on the downtown N a week or so after the show opened.
re: 9 to 5 Opening Night!  Sep 21 2008, 06:07:02 AM
BFB: I agree 100% about Stephanie J. Block. It was wonderful to see her in a role that really cements her as a top-notch singing actress.

I know it's dumb to say this so early but I smell a Tony!

re: 19 hi-res 9to5 production photos.  Sep 20 2008, 12:50:04 AM
Yay! Thanks for the heads up!
re: Xanadu to Rollerskate Off Broadway on Oct 12th  Sep 17 2008, 12:42:01 PM
Gosh that is sad news. I wish they could have recouped.....but at least I got to see it a bunch of times...

I gotta go listen to the cast album now and reminisce.....

re: What's the most number of shows you've seen in a single month?  Aug 27 2008, 07:02:00 PM
Looks like my record is 13 in November 2006.

I saw 11 of those shows in one week. (My grandma was visiting)

Runners up:

12 in December 2006
10 in March 2007
10 in May 2007

ETA: And because I'm super-bored right now I calculated the average number of shows I saw per month during the three years that I was living in New York. It's 4. Sounds about right to me.

A few months ago (on another boring day) I went through all my ticket

Shrek  Aug 26 2008, 01:12:25 AM
Hearing about all the changes really makes me want to see the show again once it hits Broadway.
Sounds like some good changes so far...

re: Frost/Nixon Trailer  Aug 21 2008, 01:58:56 AM
Yay! I am very excited for this film!
re: Flying to Seattle to visit a friend and possibly seeing Shrek  Aug 20 2008, 05:24:59 PM
No student discounts. Normally 5th Ave Theatre offers cheap day-of tickets for people under 25 years old but they are not for doing that for Shrek.
re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 04:53:45 AM
Wow. No need to be so harsh. It wasn't a real review and I didn't say I thought it was bad. I said I think it's going to be a hit with the tourists and that there will be theatre snobs who will dislike it. And no I didn't pay attention to who was in the entire cast before going. Why the unwarranted meanness?

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:43:50 AM
Okay, one more.

Haven Burton played the Sugar Plum Fairy (with an odd deep-voiced Russian accent) and Gingy.

ETA...huh..I didn't actually look at the program when I was in the theatre. I had no idea that John Tartaglia played Pinocchio. Hard to see faces from the balcony.

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:40:10 AM
No problem. It's bedtime for me too.

And yes, the flair application is awesome

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:33:50 AM
Not very exciting but here ya go:

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:26:43 AM
Nope. Sorry. But seriously I hope they work on his costume.
re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:24:42 AM
I thought Donkey's costume was lame. It looked like a cheap halloween costume. (see my description above of the bunny costume painted gray)

He walked upright and had hooves on his hand and what looked like black workboots on his feet and a little gray vest. Maybe they're still working on the costume. I hope so because it looks pretty lame next to Shrek's costume.

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:20:55 AM
Uh, I guess I'm not sure what you're asking but they had a standard 5th ave theatre program (for those unfamiliar...and I'm sure that will be most of you it's bigger than a playbill)

It's got the logo with the big "s" that says Shrek the musical world premiere.

re: Any SHREK news from last night?  Aug 15 2008, 03:13:56 AM
Pinnochio is a real man (haha) and his costume looked great.

The gingerbread man was a puppet.

Sutton was an ogre at the end. She had plenty of time to change during the wedding scene. They just play a little trick a few scenes earlier but it isn't very well executed. The ogre-Fiona walks behind a tree upstage and Sutton comes out of a different tree farther downstage.

Acting and singing good for the most part. The fairy tale creatures performances were

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You