News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaysinger

bwaysinger Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaysinger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ways to Improve the TONYS  Jun 11 2007, 02:40:48 PM
They need to nominate Raul in every single category.

re: Riedel: 'SPRING' FEVER  Jun 11 2007, 02:39:44 PM
I think the standard response to Tony idiocy should henceforth be, "Blah blah blah blah blah."

re: spring awakening: clearly the greatest musical ever produced on the gr  Jun 11 2007, 10:22:58 AM
Actually, the original title of "You're the Top" was indeed "You're the Blah."
I hear Bock and Harnick eventually replaced their repeated Blahs in "If I Were a Rich Man." And who could forget Weill and Brecht's ode to general malaise, the "Blah Song." Sadly, it was cut from LoveMusik.

re: Your Personal Tony Disappointments  Jun 11 2007, 10:00:59 AM
Personally, the biggest disappointment of the night was that they chose not to have a splitscreen shot going on during David Hyde Pierce's acceptance speech so the world could see Raul's reaction.

re: spring awakening: clearly the greatest musical ever produced on the gr  Jun 11 2007, 09:59:33 AM
To all you haters, I say, "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!"

re: What A Shock  Jun 11 2007, 09:45:17 AM
Oh, so very much to say.
I'd like to say there's a universe in which I would have found Raul's performance award-worthy...but there is absolutey not. It's histrionic, over-the-top, and lacks all the subtlety that a role like that (a character who spends the vast majority of the musical being informed on relationships by his much more flamboyant friends) calls for. You know, like that singularly bland and untalented Larry Kert gave in the original production. I mean, he's CLEARLY no Raul b

re: Children of Eden: What went wrong?  Apr 16 2007, 08:26:40 AM
Dottie, I saw the same production (friend in the cast). I actually liked the show better than Wicked in terms of book and score.

re: What Is LaChiusa Up To?  Jan 15 2007, 03:46:58 PM
I swear there was something he was working on, like perhaps a commissioned opera, although I couldn't find anything through Google so I might have made that up one night.

re: To anybody in New York...  Jan 15 2007, 03:45:22 PM
MotorTink, you sound like fun.
re: To anybody in New York...  Jan 15 2007, 03:37:28 PM
It's not my fault I can out-karaoke anyone.

re: To anybody in New York...  Jan 15 2007, 03:25:58 PM
It's absolutely frightening that I clicked on this thread, almost as if I could SMELL the word karaoke...

re: Josh Groban as the Phantom  Jan 11 2007, 10:15:27 AM
Meh.
So not good. And I love how they reverbed "to beeeee" to hell and back in an attempt to squash an obvious inability to hit that note.

re: Yvonne DeCarlo dead at 94  Jan 10 2007, 04:54:32 PM
oh, all my childhood memories of watching the Munsters on TBS just came flooding back. I remember the first time I found out she was Carlotta in Follies. Total shock. What a performer and what a loss.

re: Anthony 'Giles' Head in Sweeney Todd film???  Jan 10 2007, 02:37:45 PM
Straight from his website:

Anthony will be appearing in the movie musical adaptation of 'Sweeney Todd'. The movie is directed by Tim Burton and filming began in December 2006. The film tells the infamous story of Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett.

We are not able to release information about Anthony's character at the present time.

Guess it's a somewhat substantial

re: the monument!  Jan 10 2007, 12:47:04 PM
Really? This does sound like a shill to me.
A far better way to introduce your show after joining simple to post this would have been to say you're in this show, give us some details, invite people to see it and talk about it here. Not so hard.

re: What's Adam Guettel Been Up To?  Jan 10 2007, 11:20:57 AM
A little of the music has leaked out. Guettel often writes music on "ah" for the vocal line (several of those "ah" passages remained in Piazza, you'll notice). I think Audra premiered a song of his once like that.

re: O'Hara, Grammer to Star in NY Philharmonic's My Fair Lady  Jan 10 2007, 11:02:28 AM
I saw Grammer in the Reprise Sweeney in LA. Snorefest indeed. If he "shows up" for this, he'll be fine. If not, be prepared to see a man coast by on his name.

re: NY Philharmonic MY FAIR LADY - let the casting begin!  Jan 9 2007, 02:19:54 PM
You're right. Rachel does look and often play a lot younger. is she quite right vocally, though? I'm not sure I buy it. I'd kill to see her Mother come around again, though.
I love Marla Shaffel but I'm also uncertain she's quite age-appropriate anymore, looks wise. She'd be good, too, though.

I also think Benanti is a good idea, so long as she doesn't get sick.

re: NY Philharmonic MY FAIR LADY - let the casting begin!  Jan 9 2007, 02:07:03 PM
And one cool thing about Sueleen is that, even were Rath or someone else on his hitlist ever right, hell would freeze over before he'd say it's true.

re: NY Philharmonic MY FAIR LADY - let the casting begin!  Jan 9 2007, 02:02:37 PM
No offense, but yeah, Rachel York is too old. I saw an older woman play Eliza in a regional production and it just really doesn't cut it. I'm not saying she needs to be 20 but she can't be 40.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You