News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CompletlyNakedStatue

CompletlyNakedStatue Profile Photo
Member Name: CompletlyNakedStatue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

blah
 May 8 2007, 03:39:33 PM
The Producers and Naked Boys Singing. hated both.
re: which part to take?
 May 6 2007, 08:14:27 AM
If your goal is a career as a professional actor, take the one that pays.
re: Behind the Scenes Video: Backstage at Spring Awakening with Jonathan Gr
 Apr 12 2007, 04:20:41 PM
Awww I enjoyed that. Seems like a good group of kids... love the coloring contest.
re: Les Miserables (Paris Theatre Mogador 1991) Cast Recording
 Mar 27 2007, 08:24:55 AM
Agreed, this is a wonderful recording. It's one of my favorite cast albums in my entire collection. Glad you picked it up!
re: Piazza Tour Review - Minneapolis 3/24 w/ Katie Clarke
 Mar 25 2007, 11:30:33 PM
Agree, she really isn't that strong of a soprano. It's not just that she doesn't compare to O'Hara vocally, but her vocals , while pretty, just aren't that strong. She is very likeable, I'll give her that, but I was truly surprised that her soprano wasn't stronger.
re: Piazza Tour Review - Minneapolis 3/24 w/ Katie Clarke
 Mar 25 2007, 07:00:40 PM
Yes, it was very sad to see so many empty seats on a Saturday night! It makes me sad to know how many people will miss this gem but rush out to see All Shook Up which will be here next month.

(No offense to All Shook Up, which I haven't seen, and will probably catch if I can.)

Piazza Tour Review - Minneapolis 3/24 w/ Katie Clarke
 Mar 25 2007, 08:48:07 AM
I saw the national tour of The Light in the Piazza in Minneapolis last night with Katie Rose Clarke as Clara, who joined the tour this week. I was fortunate enough to see the complete original Broadway cast at Lincoln Center, so I feel a little spoiled by that experience, but I think this touring production is in pretty good shape. Some thoughts...

Christine Andreas as Margaret - Andreas is a fantastic actress and she really fit this role well... from the desperation to the humor ri

Idina in Aida
 Mar 23 2007, 08:30:08 AM
I saw Idina as Amneris (as well as Sherie Scott and Felicia Finley) and I don't remember many of the details of her performance, but I do remember not caring for her in the role. I was already a fan of hers at that point, but I recall being disappointed by her performance. Just not the right vehicle for her I guess.

And I also saw Sherie as Maureen in Rent. I think Sherie is a fantastic performer, and this was ages ago, but I remember thinking she was the worst Maureen I'd seen. Again,

re: Katie Clarke on Tour
 Mar 17 2007, 09:04:51 AM
^^ Oh man, now I might have to see it twice in Minneapolis.
re: Favorite Instrumental Break
 Mar 16 2007, 09:23:22 PM
*prepares to be ridiculed and tortured*

I've always kinda liked the Jellicle Ball.

*runs and hides*

re: Katie Clarke on Tour
 Mar 16 2007, 09:21:01 PM
Ooh, I'm seeing the show on Tuesday. I'm a fan of Elena Shaddow, but I'm very interested in seeing Clarke.

Although I suspect no one can really compare to Kelli O'Hara, who I was lucky to see in NY.

Top 5 Favorite/Most Played Cast Albums At the Moment....
 Mar 16 2007, 09:18:36 PM
Just wondering what everyone's listening to nowadays. What are your top five most often played cast albums right now?

Mine:
SPRING AWAKENING
SEUSSICAL (only because I'm in it)
GREY GARDENS
THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA (still...)
JULIA MURNEY: I'M NOT WAITING (not a cast album, true, but I can't get enough of her)

re: NYC eateries
 Mar 15 2007, 08:34:40 PM
Another vote for John's Pizzeria. Be prepared for a bit of a wait though.
re: Least Likable Characters?
 Mar 13 2007, 06:09:54 PM
I really dislike the characters in Miss Saigon. I just don't feel anything for anyone in that show. Has nice music, but I have a terrible time sitting through it.
re: The Most Haunting Score?
 Mar 11 2007, 11:25:49 PM
Yes, I'd also agree with Floyd Collins.
re: Rather in-depth Les Miz 3-7 review. (Lea Salonga, etc.)
 Mar 11 2007, 10:01:12 PM
Hum and Gustof - I actually did appreciate Celia's choices to make Eponine less of the cute kid sister (I was never a fan of Diana Kaarina's interpretation). It was more the vocals that I didn't care for. And even though I found her approach to the character refreshing, at the end of the day (pun not intended) I was unaffected by it. It wasn't just that I didn't *root* for her, I felt completely and utterly indifferent toward that character. And I think it is the intention of the writers (of the
 Mar 11 2007, 07:41:52 PM
Yankgrl - I think you summed up my feeling about Celia better than I did. You just didn't root for her! She made the role seem almost like a throw-away part. I was rooting for Cosette, all the way. I am a fan of Celia's, but just... not right.

Also, I'm afraid my review sounded like I dislike the show itself and I must say i LOOOOVE this show, and aside from working at the Broadway production, I've seen it many times on tour, in London, and have followed it since the very early 90's. I

Mar 11 2007, 07:25:53 PM
^^ Interesting, I found Dan Bogart to be one of the weak spots in the ensemble, too.
 Mar 11 2007, 07:08:11 PM
Yankee - Wish you could have seen it in its heyday. It can be a really beautiful show. Unfortunately I haven't seen it like that on Broadway since the 90's.
Rather in-depth Les Miz 3-7 review. (Lea Salonga, etc.)
 Mar 11 2007, 06:48:09 PM
Saw Les Miz with Lea on Wednesday night, my first time seeing the new "revival" production. I will preface my review by saying I worked at the Imperial Theatre for a few years while Les Miz was playing there, and I've probably seen the show upwards of 100 times. Here are my thoughts on the current production at the Broadhurst:

ALEXANDER GEMIGNANI (Jean Valjean) was absolutely one of the best I've seen in this role. Jean Valjean is such an epic role, I think I lot of actors jus

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You