News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Venascythe

Venascythe Profile Photo
Member Name: Venascythe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Jan 1 2023, 03:33:12 PM

Indeed it's Larry! 

I would like to play New York with landless, they are easily one of my favorite theater companies, and I will bring up this note you made. Thanks for that!

My band, Thrillkiller is about to announce a Brooklyn show this spring, depending on the distance for you, I think you would appreciate the material. 

You can find me on social media under PowerRobMusic let's definitely stay in touch. 

I spen

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Jan 1 2023, 03:11:58 PM

It was something that the cast did have to adjust to for sure, however for what it's worth, we did some big changes on the Pirelli lines. He's not too substantial of a role compared to some of the others, but he did serve as a proof of concept I suppose for the rest of the show.

Initially upon getting into the gig I was under the impression the entire cast would take a similar approach to the rest of the show before we got that note.

For Pirelli the goal was to flip betw

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Jan 1 2023, 02:04:17 PM

I wouldn't say it's a true Scotsman fallacy. I'm just trying to get a gauge on "how pitchy" you're talking about here.

The way I interpreted your comment read as if you were referring to Prog Metal as something akin to thrash where pitch is more of a matter of opinion. I just wanted to see if your definition of prog bands was different than mine(Pain of Salvation is a name I haven't heard of in a long time, that's pretty neat).

There's a dif

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Jan 1 2023, 02:00:11 AM

g.d.e.l.g.i. said: "Why be so defensive about it? It just draws more attention to the argument. Prog metal isn't always melodic in a conventional sense, a singer can be not fully in tune and still do prog metal justice, it's not a big deal."

What notable prog metal singers have trouble staying in tune?

Do you have examples?

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Dec 30 2022, 09:18:56 PM

Hi, I'm in the show, I'm happy to answer questions about it.

Yes, we are going on tour and we are in the middle of holding auditions.

We are also holding auditions for male actors, the biggest issue is most theater singers are not appropriate for progressive metal. 

As for the lady who said we had trouble with pitch in Frankenstein, I suggest you take music lessons, your ear is clearly faulty. Thanks

prog metal Sweeney in DC
 Aug 20 2020, 04:45:28 AM

South FL Marc, 

Due to the virus I have been unable to perform for the better part of the last few months, so I haven't had a lot to do lately aside from work from home.

I've been teaching voice with a better part of eight years and one of my favorite stories to tell people is how you know you've done a good job if someone who doesn't like your show ends up at least giving some credit to the role you did. We had pretty much good reviews for the show, then th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You