News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalMo

MusicalMo Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicalMo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Falsettos revival cast
 Jul 19 2015, 11:24:34 PM

I heard Chenoweth was playing Trina.

Mark Campbell in
 Jan 12 2014, 02:53:54 AM
From what I heard a friend who is involved say, Mark was having vocal issues and was missing many performances. Apparently the understudy knocked it out of the park and next thing you know, the Phantom is packing his suitcases to head home.

Broadway Real Estate
 Aug 12 2013, 02:16:41 PM
I'm not sure where in the world you get this information. The Marquis is expected to be out of service for a bit due to renovations to all the retail shops on the ground level underneath the theatre.

And it is expected that the new Carole King musical will get the Sondheim Theatre. And The Audience probably isn't coming in the Spring.

So... would you like to clarify your information? Do you have actual sources or are you sitting at home with a Broadway monopoly board playing w

Titanic Cut Songs
 Jun 22 2013, 07:51:17 PM
Would love to hear what those songs sound like. Love that score! I looked online and couldn't find any audio files or clips of those cuts songs. Anyone have them?
Melissa Errico Fired From PASSION?
 Jun 11 2013, 10:28:14 PM
It's not uncommon to start rehearsals without contracts signed. They are usually given out the first day. But indeed, some stage manager or employee from CSC should have reminded her, no question. As for the money, I am sure she was fine. Her husband is Patrick McEnroe, tennis sportscaster (and brother of John McEnroe). Not insinuating they are uber rich, but I think they are fine. It's all very unfortunate, really. I thought the three leads in PASSION were really great. No doubt there are proba
The Divine one breaks her silence on The Tonys
 Jun 11 2013, 03:50:26 PM
"She" didn't pull any of the TONY voters' tickets from her show. Those kinds of decisions are made by the producers (and she is not one). And it was purely a financial one. To have to give up some 800 (x2) tickets for voters to see your show when it's not even in the running makes no sense. Why not sell them to audience members who want to see the show. And now that they have announced they have recouped, it seems like it was the right decision.
Tony Awards - First Hour (7pm)
 Jun 9 2013, 03:37:38 PM
I looked online and can't seem to find any information indicating if the pre-broadcast awards (7pm EST hour) are being broadcast anywhere or can be streamed online. The TONY site isn't helpful. Anyone know? Thanks!
Imperial, marquis, schoenfeld, new amsterdam, kerr, Lyceum, Brooks
 May 7 2013, 08:00:03 PM
COTTON CLUB PARADE (or whatever they are calling it these days) is going into the Brooks this fall.

And I hear LES MIS will go into the Imperial next spring.

Things can always change, but I think these are done deals.

Tuck Everlasting Postponed?
 Apr 11 2013, 01:13:03 PM
There really are a lack of theatres for the fall. The problem is that a lot of shows that had been hoping to open in Spring 2013 had to delay to the fall and it is creating what is shaping up to be a busier than usual fall. I highly doubt that a lack of funds is the problem. Broadway Across America, Howard & Janet Kagan Barry Brown could fund the entire thing if they wanted to. But delaying is actually the responsible thing to do if you don't have a theatre to go into. I suspect we'll see other
2014 B'way Season
 Apr 2 2013, 09:45:41 PM
A few potentially good ones. Obviously 'Prince of B'way' got cancelled, but did 'Cotton Club Parade'? Haven't heard much about that in a while.
2014 B'way Season
 Apr 2 2013, 09:25:24 PM
Some others announced or expected are: A Time to Kill (play), Kander & Ebb's Sing Happy (musical), The Audience (play transfer from London), Flashdance, On the 20th Century (w/Chenoweth.. maybe??), and Rocky (coming from Germany).
An Open Letter to the Roundabout Theatre Company - Re: DROOD
 Nov 2 2012, 01:14:35 AM
The Sondheim is probably getting 'On the Twentieth Century' w/ Chenoweth next fall.
Geoffrey Rush to star in A FUNNY THING HAPPENED..in Australia..Sondheim to attend..
 Oct 31 2012, 11:26:19 PM
Is someone who has seen the show able to post of photo of the title page? I'm curious to see who all the producers are and the designers, etc. Thanks!!
Riedel: Kelli O'Hara in THE KING AND I coming to the Beaumont...
 Apr 18 2012, 01:14:38 AM
Matilda will go into one of the Nederlander Theatres
Leap Of Faith Show Stopped
 Apr 5 2012, 11:10:22 PM
With all due respect, I totally get what you're saying and why you're bummed... BUT... remember, it's LIVE THEATRE. Things happen. That's the magic of it all. It's not a film, or a tv show that can be edited. Most theatre people know that stuff happens during previews and its all about working out the kinks, which is why some shows having slightly lower prices during previews. In the future, just wait until after opening, then you'll be less likely to be as tragically upset as you seem to be.
Just back from END OF THE RAINBOW!
 Mar 21 2012, 01:45:56 AM
I just noticed this article on broadway.com written by the play's author... seems insightful and worth reading considering most of the conversation in this post so far...

http://www.broadway.com/shows/end-rainbow/buzz/160629/end-of-the-rainbow-playwright-peter-quilter-on-the-danger-joy-and-electricity-of-judy-garland/

Mar 20 2012, 06:25:13 PM
"A major problem with the show is that one never sees the charming Judy who beguiled people so much that they returned to work with her even after her problems drove them away. From the first scene she is manic and unbalanced and that stays that way varying degrees throughout the show."

Tulita, I have to respectably disagree with this statement. There are several more quiet tender moments in the show that are not 'manic'. Those include the intimate moments between Anthony and Judy in Ac

Mar 19 2012, 11:57:17 PM
just to add on to tinymagic's post. the mic cord bit was in the show when i saw it twice when visiting London last year. it was part of the bit because Judy's a bit 'out of sorts' in that scene due to the lack of 'stimulants'. so unless something has changed... that is supposed to be there.

Godspell Producers
 Feb 9 2012, 05:37:07 PM
Just to clarify, these people that invested $1,000 are 'investors' NOT 'producers'... major difference and we should be careful not to confuse the two. But that's great that Ken is involving his investors in that way. The title of this thread should read 'Godspell Investors'.
END OF THE RAINBOW to Play Broadway's Belasco; Cumptsy, Pelphrey & Russell Join Cast
 Dec 21 2011, 06:15:50 PM
I saw the show on a trip to London back in the spring. I enjoyed it so much that I cancelled tickets to another show and went again later that week! Tracie Bennett is phenomenal and I am excited to see it here at home in NYC this spring!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You