News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for baerenjunge

Member Name: baerenjunge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Miserables: So, what did you think?  Jan 25 2013, 12:16:45 AM
So, I enjoyed the movie... but I have to get something off my chest. Sorry if this has already been discussed...

If the musical director of the Les Mis film was willing to lower the keys of “Master of the House” for Sacha/Helena, and both “Stars” and “Javert’s Soliloquy” for Russell Crowe…

…why the f**k did he not see fit to lowering the key of “Bring Him Home” for Hugh Jackman?! It still bugs me that they allowed him to sing it in the original key, which has a tough tessitura

Les Mis?rables: So, what did you think?  Dec 26 2012, 12:33:28 AM
Here's some (admittedly long-winded) observations I made on my facebook page earlier today.

Anne Hathaway invests herself fully and shines for her third of the film. Her big song will no doubt snag her an Oscar nod. Her scenes are almost uniformly affecting.

Eddie Redmayne is a dashing Marius and while he occasionally sings with a raised larynx (a "Knödel" to us classical singers), his tenor is a pleasing one. Very strong film presence.

Samantha Barks ought to win the

ONE DAY MORE - complete song from film  Dec 19 2012, 07:41:30 PM
I'm a big fan of the show yet I knew that I'd have to lower my expectations somewhat given that film actors don't always come into these projects with trained voices. Of what little I've seen (including this clip), here's what I can offer...

The only true weak links to me are Crowe and Seyfried.

Russell Crowe is singing completely from the head with an awkward pressed phonation. There is some chest voice participation, but he's not supporting his breath from anywhere but the he

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You