News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EchoParker

EchoParker Profile Photo
Member Name: EchoParker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TKTS - Groundhog & Bandstand
 Sep 7 2017, 08:27:08 PM

I did TKTS last night (Wednesday) for Groundhog Day. It was $100 for a ticket, which was the only option. That's 50% off, but more than I intended to spend. I used one of the other discount options to see the show instead. Paid less (for a not-as-good seat, obviously.)

I was really happy I saw the show. My first time. 

Play Scripts as eBooks
 Jul 2 2017, 06:07:22 PM

The best place to get a play script is always from the publisher. But play publishers are, in many ways, behind the times. It seems obvious e-scripts will eventually be a common thing, and when they are I suspect it will be the publisher's websites that offer them. One publisher that's on their game is Playscripts (www.playscripts.com) - they offer almost all of their titles as e-scripts. Of course, that's of no use to you if the title you're looking for is with

This Season's Performances You Consider Underrated
 Apr 29 2017, 09:02:04 AM

I love this thread!!! Great idea. 

Riedel on The Kid Stays in the Picture coming to Broadway
 Mar 8 2017, 03:53:06 PM

dramamama611 said: "Echo...didn't you just give him a no win situation? You don't like the way he did put it...a possible bway run, but you also slammed his flop route.

Mama - you have a point. But in my defense, I'm not exactly saying I'd complain no matter what Riedel wrote. I'm just tired of his two go-to columns: "bitchy-bitchy-flop-flop-flop" and "I'm declaring this show the next Broadway h

Riedel on The Kid Stays in the Picture coming to Broadway
 Mar 8 2017, 12:25:47 AM

I guess the time for being baffled at Riedel's lack of credibility should long have passed. He clearly just publishes spin that producers want to see in print. All the facts he provides *could* have led him to write one of his bitchy "here's a flop in the making" columns: a first-time playwright adapting his own book (uh-oh), a book about his own life (double uh-oh), cancels a week of previews to do rewrities, which he's sending from another country because he's unab

The Paper Mill just announced its most ambitious line-up in history
 Feb 28 2017, 08:29:21 PM

Re: The Sting, I read elsewhere (related to this season announcement) that Bob Martin is writing the book. Composer/lyricists I love (working with their director from Urinetown), a book writer (Drowsy Chaperone) I love, adapting a film I... vaguely remember loving. This one has me genuinely excited. 

And several people I know who were involved with workshops of Honeymooners said the material was great. And I know no casts have been announced, but I would pay money to watch Mi

Guess Paper Mill's 17/18 Season!
 Feb 9 2017, 05:50:58 PM

I'm mightily impressed by the guesses (and guessers) on this thread. Halftime I guessed right away, but kudos for Honeymooners and The Sting - both of which I'm convinced are right. And I'll second those saying it's looking like an impressively debut-filled season for Paper Mill. I somehow feel none of the guesses for the rooster or the little men are correct. Wait, has someone written a musical of "Little Men"? The sequel to "Little Women"?? (I kid. Though

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
 Dec 19 2016, 03:46:49 PM

KathyNYC2 said: "I saw it in London and it WAS pretty bad...so hopefully they are improving it all with the changes and realized what needed fixing.

The kids all didn't really work in the London production (not that the kids weren't talented but their direction and characters really didn't work as written)..had I not known the movies well, I would have had no idea what they were all about. The Bubblegum kid had one pink balloon.....

I would have pref

Is Journalism and Theater Reviews now dead
 Apr 18 2016, 09:13:57 AM

madbrian said: ""Is Journalism and Theater Reviews now dead"

Yes.  Yes, they is.

Mad Brian, you stole the words out of my mouth. 

"Just noticing not as much reviews..."

Yes, Journalism, and theatre reviews, and English... they is ALL dead. 

Broadway Grosses Delay?
 Apr 11 2016, 05:19:02 PM

I'm with you, b'freak. What gives?

Can someone tell me the reason why the humans in The Humans are played by humans and not cats?
 Mar 31 2016, 08:11:14 PM

And Henrik for the win.

Riedel on Nerds
 Mar 27 2016, 12:25:03 AM

GavestonPS said: "I shudder to ask but what's a "29 hour reading"?

(ETA I'm seriously asking. So if that was a typo of some kind, I mean no offense.)

"

Another money quote. And I shall now always here this phrase as Gaveston clearly (and understandably) heard it, as a reading lasting 29 hours. I'm shuddering with you, Gaveston. (Although actual 29-hour readings, in my experience, are very ex

Riedel on Nerds
 Mar 27 2016, 12:13:21 AM

HogansHero said: "Wilmingtom said: "I do understand that going into rehearsal or previews without your capitalization is not unusal.  I still think it's bad producing."

You have every right to, and you may be right, but it is always good to remember that Broadway exists only because of crazy, delusional people. 

Hogan scores again. "It is always good to remember that Broadway only exists because of crazy, delu

54 Below Waitlist
 Jan 27 2016, 05:13:38 PM

thinton said: "What experiences have any of you had with the waitlist at 54 Below?  How often have you tried it vs. received tickets, what number were you on the list, how far before the performance were you contacted, etc.?

"I got on the wait list for Bloody Bloody Angela Lansbury, and was very happy when I got a call that tickets were available. I think, in that case, I might have been first on the list. The call came maybe 2 weeks before the event

When Understudies Perform
 Jan 21 2016, 12:35:19 PM

PThespian said: "So if I'm understanding correctly an alternate who performs an additional show receives their regular per show salary plus 1/8 assuming it's a principal role?

"

If you're employed as the "alternate" Christine in Phantom, and you're contracted to perform the role twice a week [I can't remember now whether the alternate Christine does two shows a week, or just one], then you don't get any extra f

When Understudies Perform
 Jan 20 2016, 03:01:36 PM

sorano916 said: "If swings don't receive additional compensation when they go one in an ensemble role, do they if it's a split track? Or vice versa, when a single regular track is split into three tracks?

For example, in Les Mis, actor Joe Spieldenner is in the ensemble, with featured tracks of Grantaire & Bamatabois. When he's out, three different people are listed in those tracks: one for Grantaire, one for Bamatabois,

Lyric Opera's Carousel to replace King and I?
 Dec 8 2015, 01:11:51 PM

EchoParker, if you're going to speak matter of factly about the Rodgers & Hammerstein Org, you could spell Richard's name correctly.

Fair enough. Color me embarrassed. 

I also feel bad about laying on so much snark if all the OP is talking about is sending the Lyric production to Broadway. I obviously took the word "replacing" literally. 

"

Lyric Opera's Carousel to replace King and I?
 Dec 8 2015, 12:59:53 PM

I would hazard to say this is still not "known".  King and I is playing at (and produced by) Lincoln Center. The Rogers and Hammerstein estate do not make producing decisions for Lincoln Center. More importantly, Lincoln Center has produced a landmark revival of Carousel (via The National Theatre). 

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
 Sep 19 2015, 01:55:40 AM

bfreak said: "Wait a minute. The New York Times JUST said that the production said he is still "expected to return at a later date" but no further information has been revealed. My new plan is I will see the show now inexpensively (rush maybe) and then if he comes back I will see it again. Could someone post a link? I am having trouble."

Bfreak - (or is it just "freak"? Is the B silent? ) Here's the link to the NY Times post that mentions Grammer possibly returning. Thank you for mentioning it; I hadn't heard that wrinkle in this story. (The other posts definitely seemed to suggest he wouldn't return.) 

And I personally don't think you should feel the need to defend your desire to see a particular actor in a role. Grammer is excellent in this role, and, after all, the writing was tailored to him leading to the Broadway opening. I've heard excellent things about Warlow, as well (of whom I'm a fan), and Terrence Mann is a real asset for any show, but there's nothing wrong with a desire to see the actor who originated the role.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/18/with-kelsey-grammer-still-away-neverland-finds-a-new-hook/

AMAZING GRACE struggling on Broadway
 Aug 26 2015, 01:06:19 AM

wssinsider said: "Crew got told the show is Closing Oct 4th. A Christmas show is taking over the Nederlander"

Thanks for the scoop, insider. I guess I'll hope the word makes its way to the rest of the company. It's never a *good* thing for your (open-ended) show to post a closing notice, but having a heads-up six weeks in advance would ease the blow.

Some posters seem (perpetually) perplexed by producers keeping a show open when there seems no hope

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You