News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for trixigold

Member Name: trixigold
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SMASH
 Apr 14 2013, 02:32:34 PM
I doubt Megan Hilty will get an Emmy nomination, and it has nothing to do with the quality of her performance. That would require NBC putting money in trade paper ads and investing in getting her a nomination. If it were a successful show it would make sense, but since it's not, they're not going to try. No one watches the show and this is her first major role on TV, so I'd have to think there are many actresses in a better position to get a nomination. Besides, which nominating category would s
SMASH
 Apr 14 2013, 01:20:28 PM
TV Guide(published a couple of weeks before) gave the start time as 9:00; the online site Zap2It (checked later in the week) gave an 8:00 start time, which it wound up being. Add to that some markets were pre-empting it for infomercials, and it's no wonder it wound up so low in the ratings.
SMASH
 Apr 5 2013, 01:58:31 PM
I dunno, Karen is a girl, not a guy. And her father is not her mother. It makes perfect sense to me she'd not want her dad to see Jimmy. We live in a society with a double standard for women vs. men, and also, it's a little weird for her to share that kind of info with her father. Her mother, maybe, but not her dad.

Besides which, she introduced her parents to Dev, whom she was living with but not married to. So it's not like she's completely ashamed to admit to having a relationship w

SMASH
 Mar 28 2013, 06:07:09 PM
I don't think the camera "loves" Katherine McPhee. If it did, it wouldn't make her look so vacant and stupid. I personally find her face hard to look at. High cheekbones and a nice complexion can't overcome her terrible acting and the way it makes it look like she doesn't think at all. She has no future in TV and movies other than small guest roles, if she's lucky. She is one of the main shortcomings of "Smash," besides the inept writing. I also don't think Megan Hilty is that unphotogenic. Unl
Hunter Foster Twitter Desperation
 Mar 27 2013, 02:53:21 PM
What's this about off-Broadway simulated p*rn? He should link a reel on his Twitter. Or maybe do a brief version using the Vine app.
SMASH
 Mar 27 2013, 02:50:06 PM
The only ratings right now are the overnights, and TVBytheNumbers is giving the numbers for 18-49 demo. So, that 1.0 is for 18-49 year old viewers, not total viewership. It only got a .7 rating among that age group last week, so that's an improvement. However, The Voice got over 3.0 in that demographic group. I'm not sure why advertisers are still so keen to go after that demographic, because they just don't watch much TV of any kind anymore. At least not live. "Smash" does better with older tha
SPLASH outshines SMASH
 Mar 27 2013, 02:12:04 AM
I have a habit of turning the show on late and flipping channels when it's first broadcast, then watching it later online. I just happened to flip back during the dance number with Jeremy Jordan and McPhee, and had the sound off, and that was the most egregious choreography. It made me laugh. The more I see Jeremy Jordan, the more I'm convinced his future is about as bright as Kat McPhee's. He's pretty terrible in this. I don't know if it's the way the part is written or the way he plays it or b
Steve Kazee addresses
 Mar 25 2013, 09:24:53 PM
While Steve isn't a pretty boy, he's more conventional looking than John Lloyd Young, who may be more difficult to cast due to his unconventional looks (John's not ugly, but somewhat idiosyncratic and has sort of a period character actor look). Besides which, if his vocal problems are that bad, it could be a while before hecan do eight shows a week in a musical show. They all seem to wind up looking in LA, especially with Broadway work getting harder to find.
Steve Kazee addresses
 Mar 25 2013, 08:59:14 PM
He should try his luck in films and TV. He has that boyish-but-mature look going on plus he's still riding the buzz from winning the Tony. The romantic leading man role he had in "Once" gave him a squeeing fangirl type of fanbase. Go for it while the glow is still going. He can make a pile of money and still go back to the stage eventually if that's what he wants.
Steve Kazee is leaving Once!
 Mar 25 2013, 12:33:51 AM
What would we do without social media? It's so reassuring, like cuddling a Pillow Pet.
SPLASH outshines SMASH
 Mar 20 2013, 09:35:56 PM
I agree about it being repetitive. I sometimes tune in to the show late and a scene will be on and I start wondering if the episode is a repeat, then I realize it's a new episode and they're just having a scene or conversation that was similar to a previous episode. It reminds me of daytime soap operas in that respect, but the reason daytime is repetitive is because they run five days a week and it's inevitable to have similar conversations repeated due to the glacial pace of plot developments a
 Mar 20 2013, 11:38:21 AM
Aimee done disappeared.

Mar 20 2013, 10:33:31 AM
Oh, you mean superfan Aimee of the NY Times article? Maybe she's moved on to a different show. Once wasn't her only multiple show viewing.
Steve Kazee out of Once again last night?
 Mar 20 2013, 10:26:03 AM
There was another issue besides the dating thing that got deleted faster every time someone posted it. The speculation about his voice wasn't deleted, but I'm not sure that's any less damaging, because he makes a living with his voice. In any case, no one knows why he's been out for weeks. And the poster of this thread wanted to know if Steve will be back for his final week. He's been away so long he would need at least some rehearsal, and since no one has seen him around, it's just not likely h
Steve Kazee out of Once again last night?
 Mar 20 2013, 10:09:19 AM
That thread about Steve got that way because moderators kept deleting people's speculation as to why Steve is out of the show. In any case, it doesn't matter why Steve is out of the show. It seems that he is not returning to the show unless someone states otherwise. He hasn't been around the theater as far as anyone knows, so it's very unlikely he will be back for any more shows this official final week.
 Mar 20 2013, 12:45:03 AM
I always liked when Ethel served her special stuffed cabbage recipe to Lew Marie, Ann Marie, and Donald Hollinger. Good times.
 Mar 20 2013, 12:15:33 AM
No one knows seems to know for sure why he's out of the show. It's pointless to talk about vocal rest or vocal wear and tear since those aren't confirmed, and it's possibly just as damaging to his future career as speculating about anything else. Maybe the mods should just delete the whole thread.
 Mar 19 2013, 11:34:35 PM
Not sure why this site even bothers having a message board. But whatever.

Maybe "Once" will be a better show for getting a new lead actor.

Famous people on BroadwayWorld
 Mar 19 2013, 04:49:09 PM
Sorry I brought one certain name (now deleted) into it, since this is a thread about actual famous people, which she is definitely not.
Famous people on BroadwayWorld
 Mar 19 2013, 04:41:23 PM
Some actors are manipulative, charming people. They have a game plan and part of it is befriending people in the right places and even folks who run sites. Especially sites that present the positive side. You have to go to the gossip sites if you want to read the tawdry things.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You