News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dmsnyc

dmsnyc Profile Photo
Member Name: dmsnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The First Play You Ever Saw?  Jun 4 2007, 07:34:02 PM
First Play - Forty Carats
First Musical - Hello Dolly with Pearl Bailey

re: Broadway Actors/Actresses Salaries  Apr 27 2007, 06:42:09 PM
Ok, will learn from my mistake, thanks.
re: Broadway Actors/Actresses Salaries  Apr 27 2007, 06:22:44 PM
Why am I going to get yelled at?
Broadway Actors/Actresses Salaries  Apr 27 2007, 06:05:58 PM
Does anyone know what Broadway Actors/Actresses make per week?

For example:
Christine Ebersole - Grey Gardens
David Hyde Pierce - Curtains
Christopher Plummer - Inherit the Wind
Boyd Gaines - Journey's End

re: Journeys End Go See It!  Apr 25 2007, 05:31:55 PM
I don't understand why it is not doing well at the box office. It got very good reviews and, in every thread about it, everyone raves about the show. Maybe that should be a separate thread --- why is Journeys End not doing well at the BO?
re: Any reason why Broadway plays and touring shows don't perform on Monda  Apr 25 2007, 05:23:18 PM
Junkyard has it down pat. When I was a kid, the shows played Monday to Saturday, with blue laws ruling on Sunday meaning no performances. However, it was always well known that Mondays were the weakest days at the box office, so when the blue laws were lifted, the producers, to make more $$$, started Sunday matinees making Mondays dark. Some shows that rely heavily on tourists have Wednesday or Thursday dark as these are the days the tourists are traveling because of hotel package deals and n
re: A SUGAR revival?  Apr 25 2007, 08:40:36 AM
I saw the original Sugar the week it opened. It got mixed reviews, but everyone loved Robert Morse. It was fun, but not great and I remember it making it into the "second year on Broadway" and ran for 505 performances from 1972 to 1973. I think it is too weak for a successful revival unless they overhaul it a lot.
re: Original Broadway Casts  Apr 25 2007, 08:34:18 AM
I was going to mention Ethel Merman when I saw this thread. She was known for staying for the entire run. As I recall from reading about it, Mary Martin stayed with South Pacific from 1949 to 1951 and then went to London to continue the role and Julie Andrews was with My Fair Lady for a long time as well.
re: Two Michael Bennett Questions (Seesaw and Ballroom)  Apr 4 2007, 10:17:29 PM
I saw Seesaw on Broadway. It was quite something to see. Great cast - Michelle Lee, Ken Howard and Tommy Tune, who won his first Tony Award. The law tap dance number, Poor Everybody Else and Tommy Tunes number stand out in my memory. As I also recall, Ken Howard looked like the then Mayor of New York, John Lindsay and Lindsay stepped into the "performance" for Act 1, Scene 1 one night.
re: The Boy From Oz - Was it THAT bad?  Mar 31 2007, 10:47:20 AM
A lot of these responses are exactly the way I feel about it. The cast was great and seeing it "live" was a real experience. Hugh Jackman interacting with the audience was phenomenal, Isobel Keating WAS Judy Garland and Stephanie Brock was also very good. If you take it as a club show, and not a book musical, then in my estimation, it was great theater.
re: What show has moved you the most, and why?  Mar 16 2007, 05:04:40 PM
Current productions - Journey's End and Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens

Past Productions - Original Cast of Man of La Mancha

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/25/2007  Feb 27 2007, 08:45:29 AM
I saw Journeys End on Saturday night. Orchestra was full but mezzanine was practically empty. Hope it picks up due to it being a great show and the reviews it received. However, remember that Spring Awakening had to struggle in the beginning to get the attendance up. So we can only hope....
re: Lansbury and Seldes. Who else is so excited?  Jan 27 2007, 05:21:53 PM
Already got my tix in the mail - 3rd row orchestra, can't wait!
re: Replacement vs. Original  Jan 5 2007, 10:36:15 PM
Three that were already mentioned:

Reba McIntyre in Annie Get Your Gun
Jonathan Pryce in DRS
Beth Leavel in 42nd Street

re: Funny ad-libs  Jan 5 2007, 10:07:54 PM
So many things seemed ad-libed during DRS, but I think this was a real ad-lib.

The night I saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, the palm tree set got stuck as it was coming on stage and fell over. Norbert started to laugh and the two guys who were supposed to kidnap him were exposed to the audience, so Pryce looks at the audience and says "Ignore the men who are supposed to be behind the trees" and everyone got hysterical because the kidnappers waved to us. Then Norbert is helping put the tre

re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!  Nov 14 2006, 08:07:53 PM
Also agree, Unworthy of your love is great, but you can go old time with something like "People will say we're in Love" from Oklahoma. Good luck!
re: Any word on a box office jump for Grey Gardens??  Nov 4 2006, 06:24:04 PM
I saw it last night and was blown away by Ebersole! Mary Louise Wilson was great too, but to respond to your quesiton, the place was packed, even the balcony above the mezzanine, and the audience went wild during Ebersoles curtain call. And all of us got a button (like a policical button) with a line from the musical which was clever.
re: First musical that you ever saw...  Oct 22 2006, 02:06:29 PM
Broadway - Hello Dolly with Pearl Bailey
Off Broadway - The Fantasticks
Movie - Damn Yankees

re: broadway virgin  Oct 22 2006, 02:03:26 PM
Drowsy Chaperone
Les Mis
Hairspray
Grey Gardens

re: New Spring Awakening Website  Oct 21 2006, 08:34:35 AM
Saw this show at the Atlantic. Great and innovative. Hope it doesn't lose anything by going to a bigger house on Broadway.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You