News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for susie777

Member Name: susie777
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Title Performers Announced for Broadway's Matilda
 Jan 7 2014, 09:44:11 AM
I'm not sure but I do know that many shows had a double this Sunday so there may have been 2 shows. Once had two shows on the 5th as did many others. The holiday schedule has now ended and it's back to normal. I certainly hope that this sickness is only at Matilda. It's very close quarters back stage and if one comes in sick you can be sure others will be sick so production would much prefer the actor take a sick day rather than perhaps spreading the sickness to the rest of the cast.

Matilda
 Dec 6 2013, 11:46:35 AM
Did anyone here get house seats for the show? If so where were they located? Were they really good? Just wondering because we're going in late December from a house seat request and since there are cheaper tix available I'm hoping that they are at least better than those. Thanks much.
Arthur Darvill
 Oct 1 2013, 05:03:50 PM
He just took vacation. I'll try to find out how long he is contracted.
NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
 Feb 20 2013, 08:38:42 AM
Speaking of Debra Messing - her guest spot on Seinfeld was on the other night. Every time I watch old Seinfeld's I'm reminded how much fun sitcoms used to be. I watch a rare episode of a few of them but basically I think the sitcom will never be what it used to be. Best in the 70s and the 90s. They are bringing back too many shows that you need to watch every week. I don't mind the shows that have one new story every week and then a continuous story that is part of the show. Love POI because o
'Do No Harm' has been canceled after 2 episodes!
 Feb 20 2013, 08:34:48 AM
I liked Perception. I watched it - well DVR'd it and then watched. I like mysteries and that is basically what it was. A crime solved by a professor who was a bit off. I hope it was picked up. Easy enough to find out.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/17/13
 Feb 20 2013, 08:30:54 AM
Two of those shows are good for children so families will attend. Most families buy more than 2 tickets. I think they will continue to rock. The last one is simply supposed to be the best right now. I am dying to see it but need the money to buy good seats since my eyes aren't so great anymore.
'Cat' running time?
 Jan 31 2013, 04:21:08 PM
Sometimes they just hang out and have friends in the dressing room following the show. So she probably comes out later when there is a break - like on days when there is a double. There are so many people outside each day I would say you get lucky or not. Good luck.
one Annie vs. four Matildas?
 Jan 25 2013, 08:00:28 AM
No matter how old the child is the youngest that can be on Broadway is 6 yo by law. Yes a child can perform 8 shows a week. It's quite taxing the younger the child. The size of the role is also important. A small role still demands the same hours but not the same tax on the body.
He's so that guy
 Jan 22 2013, 10:02:25 AM
Scarlett is sick. She has a cough
Cat Up On A Hot Tin Roof Reviews
 Jan 18 2013, 07:15:54 PM
Unfortunately he lost his job. He was at the opening and has been removed from the playbill. Nice guy.
First Preview of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
 Dec 28 2012, 11:09:18 AM
No I wasn't saying that at all! I guess I'm not much of a writer nor a great reviewer of broadway shows. I will take a look at the link you gave me.

BTW - regarding the ghost. I know a few people who went last night and they actually thought it was a young Brick and not the ghost - funny how other interpret things when they don't know the play or other little tidbits.

Dec 27 2012, 07:59:17 PM
Eric I really didn't know that about Newman since I've seen so many films but never read the screen plays but if I think of all the Newman as I see Newman films they are not playing a sexually ambivalent character. He was a hunk for females - the sexiest of men and one most would want as a husband - using a bit of creative license here. God I swear when I say Newman I keep thinking of Seinfeld these days - NEWMAN.

Anyway I am going to go to IMDB now and see from where I created my

Dec 27 2012, 12:54:28 PM
Did you not see Newman playing Newman vs Newman playing Brick? That is the problem I had with the movie. He was still just Newman- whom I love!! but still just Newman as he is pretty much in all movies. Suave, gorgeous and sexy. Still Newman.
 Dec 27 2012, 10:54:18 AM
I totally agree with you. Richard Ashford decided to go with the original script. If you are going to compare it to a movie which by the way was shot many times and edited to the extreme it can never compare. To me Maggie was a gold digger who unfortunately married her football hero who didn't live up to her dreams but still has the chance to inherit all the money. I don't even think she was sympathetic in the movie. I just found it different. I know that many have no idea that Brick was sexu
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You