News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JarNerdAV

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
Member Name: JarNerdAV
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Am I the only one that actually likes Matt Cavenaugh?  Sep 8 2009, 02:22:01 PM
I loved him in Grey Gardens, was indifferent to him in A Catered Affair and I thought he single-handedly ruined West Side Story. Why didn't somebody tell him that "TONY IS NOT FROM BOSTON!" His performance (and his complete lack of chemstry with Maria) was the worst I have ever seen on Broadway--period.
Road Show - Try for Separate Seats for at Better View  Oct 22 2008, 01:35:12 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it was an old one about tickets first going on sale, so I thought it probably deserved it's own thread for those people currently looking for good seats to Road Show (which is sold out for many performances):

I just had an interesting experience ordering tickets for Road Show. Maybe this will help somebody else get better seats too. I was trying for two tickets and the only seats that came up were rows N and O or worse. I prefer to be closer, so I de

re: ROAD SHOW tickets are on sale NOW...  Oct 22 2008, 12:00:49 PM
I just had an interesting experience ordering tickets for Road Show. Maybe this will help somebody else get better seats too. I was trying for two tickets and the only seats that came up were rows N and O or worse. I prefer to be closer, so I decided to try for two single seats instead (I figured we can stand not to sit together for two hours if it means better seats). The first single seat that came up was A1. I looked for another single seat and got A2. Not only will we both be in the fr
re: In the Heights - Is there something wrong with Wednesday Matinees?  Oct 22 2008, 12:19:49 AM
I just checked the cast list and the only two performers I am familiar with them are Priscilla Lopez and Robin de Jesus---so, other than them, I probably wouldn't even know if an understudy was in unless I checked the program. For nostalgic reasons, I'd love to see Priscilla--and I think Robin de Jesus is very talented. Here's hoping they do matinees.
re: In the Heights - Is there something wrong with Wednesday Matinees?  Oct 21 2008, 10:05:36 PM
They are very ambitious...nine shows a week...they are doing two shows on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday.

Performance Schedule:
Tuesday and Sunday @7pm
Wednesday @2pm or 8pm
Thursday - Saturday @8pm
Saturday and Sunday @2pm

re: In the Heights - Is there something wrong with Wednesday Matinees?  Oct 21 2008, 09:57:26 PM
Cool. I just bought them. I don't know a lot about the cast anyway (just that I hear that they are great) so I'm sure it won't matter if there are understudies. I was just curious if there was something I should know.
In the Heights - Is there something wrong with Wednesday Matinees?  Oct 21 2008, 09:36:35 PM
I am planning my upcoming trip to New York and was having finding really good seats for ITH...until I checked the Wednesday matinee and was able to find 4th row center. Does anybody know if there is something wrong with Wednesday matinees (e.g. it's all understudies or something) that I should know before I lay down $120.00 a ticket?
re: Equus Onstage Seating  Oct 20 2008, 05:33:51 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I ended up getting the side, Row B, the two most downstage seats (Row A wasn't an option). Hopefully those will be okay. I'll be in NY for the whole week, so I might try and get some last minute Orch tickets for another performance if I feel that I've missed a great deal in those seats.
re: Equus Onstage Seating  Oct 20 2008, 04:47:37 PM
I think they are $76 most days, $61 on Wednesday matinees and the original full price of $116 on Friday an Saturday nights. When I originally purchased, they were all $116 each.
re: Equus Onstage Seating  Oct 20 2008, 04:07:12 PM
Okay, thanks. I kind of have to get onstage. I had purchased tickets onstage when they first went on sale, but now that the seats have been raised the prices have been lowered. I was told I could get a refund on the difference as long as I attended the same performance and sat onstage. As a result, I'm getting a second chance to choose whether to be on the side or in the back.
Equus Onstage Seating  Oct 20 2008, 01:06:18 PM
I have searched for an existing thread, but haven't found one. Can anybody give me feedback as to which onstage seats are best---the ones on the side or the ones in the very back? Does it make a difference whether you are in Row A or Row B. I want to see the show from onstage, but am torn which way to go.

re: Maurren Moore's First Performance, GG. Who's Going?  Dec 1 2006, 10:41:39 AM
When is she going on?
re: Grey Gardens- Should I see it?  Dec 1 2006, 10:39:32 AM
GO SEE IT NOW!!! (okay, you should pause to watch the documentary first---it's still running on TMC this month I think or it can be netflixed, but then) GO SEE IT NOW!!! You will be kicking yourself if it closes and you didn't take the opportunity. Can this many people be this passionate about something if there was nothing to it. And Act I is not as bad as everybody is making out. I actually really enjoyed the first act(much more than I enjoyed listening to it on the Off-Broadway recording
re: Ellen Burstyn's Acting Rant  Nov 20 2006, 11:45:34 AM
I wonder if she has seen Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens or Julie White in Little Dog Laughed. Probabably not. Both performances alone disprove her theory that there is no acting on Broadway worth recommending.
re: Regardless of the show playing, what's your least favorite and most favorite bway theater?  Nov 20 2006, 11:42:36 AM
I hate the Marquis. It has absolutely no character. I always feel like I've wandered into a generic convention center in some generic city. Oh....and for some reason, the Marquis always seems to have busload after busload of senior citizens at every show I attend...not that there's anything wrong with that. They just move kinda slow.
re: Ellen Burstyn's Acting Rant  Nov 20 2006, 11:31:45 AM
I love and respect Ellen Burstyn to death, but that's kinda harsh. While she has frequently amazed me with her performances, she has appeared in some crappy movies and TV shows herself. She must have been having a bad day when she did that interview.

re: Favorite Song from Company  Nov 20 2006, 11:27:16 AM
Count me in the "Another Hundred People" column. I think the reason I love it so much is because it describes perfectly what it is about New York I love so much. There are many cities of strangers, but none that offer the kind of daily interaction and the constant replenshing of bodies and souls that Manhattan does.

Being Alive, Sorry Grateful and Ladies Who Lunch would battle it out for my second place. Not Getting Married Today is amazing when it is done right, but I've heard it d

re: GOOD Review for COMPANY from a lil dog--Some SPOILERS  Nov 20 2006, 11:21:38 AM
I loved it too. I've refrained from posting on the Company-bashing threads because, frankly, I am too exhausted to argue. I think the biggest contention I had with the Company-haters is that Raul is unlikable as Bobby. They don't know what his friends see in him. I can tell you exactly why his friends love him---he's a great listener. Raul plays Bobby's listening skill perfectly--intent, without indicating, but making it quite clear that he (Bobby) is either (a) hearing every word they are
actors you wish would do broadway  Nov 14 2006, 01:28:53 PM
I've never seen Carol Burnett live and would love to see (and stage door) her in something that would allow her to use her comic gifts. I also think it would be cool if Madonna and La Streisand came back to Broadway to get a chance to see them in a smaller house where they couldn't charge outrageous prices for a ticket. But that isn't going to happen.
re: help me decide what to see!!!  Nov 13 2006, 04:42:59 PM
I just came back from NY seeing 12 Broadway shows (and 1 off-broadway) in 8 days and I saw most everything on your list. Let me say this as clearly as I can: SEE GREY GARDENS!!! Rent the documentary (netflix has it) before you go, but definitely see it.

Based on your love of Sondheim, I'd also tell you go see COMPANY. I loved it. Raul Esparza is AMAZING as Bobby, and the rest of the cast is great too. As long as you aren't bothered by Doyle's minimalist staging, you should love

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You