News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gothrockboheme

Gothrockboheme Profile Photo
Member Name: Gothrockboheme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone catch Mandy Gonzalez in 'Wicked' tonight?
 Mar 25 2010, 02:42:01 AM
I have been waiting for this day!! Ever since I saw Mandy in "Dance of the Vampires" I was BLOWN away by her vocals and have been dreaming of the day she would play Elphaba. BEST CASTING DECISION EVER!!! Can't wait to see her.
re: 'HAIR' Cast Question
 Jun 30 2008, 03:20:57 AM
I don't doubt that for a second :) The dredlocks, that voice... it's too perfect. Oh, there shall be many 5am mornings waiting online to see her rock it out over and over again...
re: RENT review 1/13/08
 Jan 15 2008, 01:14:44 AM
On one hand, Caren should be a full time lead. On the other hand, who could play Mimi AND Maureen as well as she can? She's sort of irreplaceable as an understudy because of her versatility.

Still, she's paid her dues, and...she's brilliant. Move her on up already.

re: Why Does Daphne Rubin Vega Keep Getting Work?
 Jun 26 2007, 04:51:17 AM
All ye who judge...have you seen her REAL work? Not the big flashy musicals, not the things that gave her a name, but the true artistic work that makes her a REAL actress? "F*cking A," "Between Us," "Everything's Turning...", "Anna in the Tropics," "Jack Goes Boating." I have. Multiple times. There is a depth and an honesty to her that is unmatched. Real tears, raw emotion. She is captivating and sexy in her uniqueness, and I think it is fantastic that she doesn't sound like "everyone else
re: Lea's 'I Dreamed A Dream'
 Feb 6 2007, 07:09:08 AM
I am LOVING the Daphne love on this board :) It's about time! Lea sounds beautiful, but very by the book. Where are the tears? Where's the depth? That's alllll Daphne.
re: Manuel Exits The Times They Are A-Changin'; Standby Lisa Brescia Assume
 Oct 5 2006, 01:38:06 AM
I didn't take "Maggie" as a literal person, I thought they were just rising up against "The Man." See? All part of the fun of abstract interpretation.

Caren already has an album...it's called "8 @ the Shop" and it might still be available on cdbaby.com :)

re: Manuel Exits The Times They Are A-Changin'; Standby Lisa Brescia Assume
 Oct 5 2006, 12:32:34 AM
I saw the show twice but apparently didn't see the same thing that everyone else did. Yes, the plot is trippy, but I don't think Twyla intended for people to "get" it. It's art. It's to be interpreted.
As for the cheesy animal costumes...I took it to show how rundown the circus was, how everyone was treated poorly, how they had little money until Coyote steps in...
Michael sang fantastically, but was just kind of there. Same face, same intention for every song.
Caren

re: Is hurting your voice now a requirement for winning Best Actor/Actress in a Musical?
 Aug 7 2006, 04:33:02 AM
I don't think this is the fault of the actors...I think it is the fault of the writers who are trying to keep up with pop culture. If you haven't noticed, everything has gone "American Idol." Broadway has become increasingly about who can hit the highest wailing belt riffs. (Eden Espinosa!) So, while I think that leading actors on Broadway are highly capable and very well trained, there are just some things that the body can't do. They aren't robots. The music is getting harder and hig
re: If you could play ONE role on Broadway........
 Jul 27 2006, 02:59:11 AM
Two words:
Mimi Marquez.

re: How to fix Lestat?
 Jun 7 2006, 01:50:39 AM
I thought it was slow. It was just...not much actually happened. There are few stakes when you live eternally...except for the ones you plunge through your heart of course. I usually love Elton, but none of the songs stood out except for "I Want More." Everything was the same torch ballad. Maybe an all sung through rock version would have been fun.

However, I will say this. It was SEXY. All the pretty boys kept me very entertained, regardless of the material.

This was no

re: Casting Announced for Les Mis
 Jun 6 2006, 12:47:43 AM
To all you Daphne skeptics... the girl can SING. Forget the Rent OCR...you ever been to one of her gigs? She can belt loud and clear to the heavens or sing a sweet ballad. She proved this in "Bernarda Alba" which was much more legit than her usual rock opera type shows. Her voice is unique, but she has the range and the passion to sing anything that comes her way, and you're all going to be blown away.

And as for the acting, the girl can break down into tears in a split second. Sh

re: What show are YOU currently working on?
 Apr 18 2006, 08:40:01 PM
I am presently touring the West coast as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz." California is nice but...it's true, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME! (New York)
re: Daphne Rubin-Vega and Fredi Walker
 Aug 5 2005, 10:34:36 PM
Apparently you haven't seen Daphne up close. She still looks amazing and has PERFECT skin. She will be missed greatly in this movie...but I am interested in seeing Rosario's take on the character.
re: Rejection stories
 Jan 13 2005, 01:18:37 AM
Last summer, I was auditioning for the Rent tour (which...I WILL be in one day soon, even if it's second swing from the left!) Ahem, anyway... we were in the type out line and were looked at one by one individually. A woman came up to me and with her finger, motioned me to turn in circles. "Hmmm...what were you planning on singing today?" "A Carole King song." "Do you know Take me or leave me?" "Yes." "What other songs do you know from the show?" "Oh, all of them!" "Thanks, you're not w
re: Best Female Singers in NYC
 Nov 17 2004, 06:46:47 PM
EASILY...

Karmine Alers
Mandy Gonzalez

re: Who's the next Elphaba?
 Oct 25 2004, 02:09:35 AM
How about...Mandy Gonzalez! Someone give the girl an audition!
re: Who Is The One Person You Would Give Anyhing to Work With?
 Sep 9 2004, 01:44:30 AM
Daphne Rubin-Vega. She's just so...intense...
re: Favorite Overtures
 Sep 3 2004, 02:46:39 AM
Aida. It's very brief, but it always makes me cry.
re: best divas/best belting!!
 Sep 3 2004, 02:45:39 AM
Mandy Gonzalez singing "Braver Than We Are." That girl should sooo be the next Elphaba!
Heather Headley? The best ever???
 Sep 1 2004, 12:54:53 AM
Raul Esparza...in TICK TICK BOOM. Best piece of acting EVER.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You