News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mfshutte

mfshutte Profile Photo
Member Name: mfshutte
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Watching shows with fines at the Lincoln Center Library?
 Jun 10 2010, 04:10:31 PM
"I've worked at the Library of Performing Arts in the past. While I understand the need for a viewing policy, I also have to point out that part of the library is funded with taxpayer dollars. So I feel there is an obligation to the library to be less stringent on their viewing policy."

Actually, the viewing limitations are set in the agreements with the theatrical unions and producers. The library is just following the contract. The alternative is that they would not be able to reco

Celebrities Who Were in School Choir
 Jan 8 2010, 10:18:45 AM
I sang in high school choir with Anne Hathaway. She was also in the All-State New Jersey High School Choir.
re: If you could see one Lincoln Center Recording
 Dec 17 2008, 12:04:52 PM
Delurking here to answer some questions (full disclosure, I work for NYPL):

Each monitor has 2 headphones, so that's the maximum number of people who can view a view at one time.

I'd highly recommend making a reservation. This will speed up the time it takes for your video to begin. Not all the videos are on the online catalog and some have viewing restrictions. Your best bet is to call first.

Also, keep in mind that TOFT is open different hours than the Library. Chec

re: Yale's (or was it NYU?) Production of PARADE
 Feb 4 2006, 12:42:14 PM
NYU performed Parade last year. I believe Hal Prince was so impressed by the production, that he has a tape placed in the Performing Arts archives at Lincoln Center, so you can view it there.

It was a great production, one of their best.

re: cheyenne jackson as Charles Darnay in Tale of 2 cities workshop
 Sep 18 2005, 01:09:46 PM
If only James Barbour is Syndey Carton.
re: Paper Mill-Could you be any more beautiful?
 Sep 13 2005, 11:02:19 AM
Go to papermill.org and there is a listing of all productions from the theatre's history, before and after the fire.
re: Ancient Roman theatre
 Sep 11 2005, 01:39:14 PM
As a Classics: Greek and Latin major, I feel I should answer this.

Greek theatre was developed before Roman theatre. The Greeks created the idea of a chorus, which sang sort of in between scenes and commented on the action or on current topics. It was set to music, but modern scholars don't know what the music sounded like (no tape recorders back then). Further back, you have the epic traditions of Homer, The Iliad and the Odyssey. These were recited, not written down until much late

re: Light in the Piazza on CBS news
 Jul 20 2005, 10:28:14 PM
The clip is online at www.cbs2ny.com. Click on video, then entertainment and scroll down.
re: Peter Pan Flying Mistakes
 Apr 17 2005, 05:01:21 PM
There's a murder mystery called "Who dropped Peter Pan?" about a regional theater's production of Peter Pan where the actor playing Peter is killed after flying in the harness. Its set at a real regional theater, but I won't mention which one.
re: The College Thread...
 Apr 16 2005, 08:54:15 PM
David Yazbek went to Brown University

re: Chitty Daily News article!!!
 Apr 10 2005, 03:13:08 PM
here's the online link.
re: BROADWAY couples
 Nov 3 2004, 04:38:23 PM
"OK A: I thought Norbert was married!???"

He was. He and his wife are separated/divorced. Don't ask how I know this.

re: So the long awaited debate about Kate vs. Meredith...
 Sep 30 2004, 04:00:19 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Idina being one of the jurors in last night's episode. At least it looked like her...
re: Broadway Marriages
 Sep 19 2004, 04:29:43 PM
Marin Mazzie & Jason Daniely
Allyson Tucker & Brian Stokes Mitchell
Megan Lawrence & Kevin Kern

re: Any Michael Hayden Fans?
 Sep 16 2004, 04:14:54 PM
Loved him in Carousel. My neighbor who works for WNET recently got me a copy of the Hammerstein tribute show that aired in 1995 and it has clips of him singing "If I loved you" (plus James Barbour singing "Soliloquy" and the revival cast of "Show Boat"). I now enjoy him whenever I want. He's a very nice man too --I was working in a store in NJ and he and his wife were shopping.
It's no fun for the actors, either
 Sep 15 2004, 07:26:54 PM
I saw the Hairspray tour in Rhode Island last year. I went with two family friends orginally from New York. The three of us had a great time. The audience--not one laugh. The woman next to be was bored out of her mind and gave me weird looks when I laughed. Of course, once Bruce Vilanch cracked some jokes about Dunkin' Donuts, Buddy Cianci and Pawtucket during "You're timeless to me" the enitre place went crazy.

Though I can't single out Rhode Islanders. I had a miserable audience at M

re: Vote for the Best Broadway and Off-Broadway TV commercials!
 Sep 14 2004, 09:08:21 PM
I always loved the RENT commerical made like a documentary: "Its about being young.....about being in love....about being young". It aired in NY a long time ago, but when the tour was in Rhode Island last year, the WB station played it every night at 11pm. I didn't know it at the time when it first aired in NY, but Norbert was Roger in it.
re: re: re: re: Worst Stagedoor Experience
 Apr 24 2004, 11:08:36 AM
I would think the reason Norbert doesn't come out is because he needs to catch the 11:49 train back to Jersey. Many nights I've been in Penn Station and he just makes the train.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You