News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for smashingasian

smashingasian Profile Photo
Member Name: smashingasian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spring Awakening Love
 Jul 29 2007, 02:43:57 PM
"Socha's first day as an ensemble member was the day Matt went on for Jonathan Groff."

Alexandra was in the audience that day. I did standing room and she was in the back with Michael Mayer for the entirety of the show. She also came out the stage door with the rest of the cast.

re: Spring Awakening rush information
 Jul 27 2007, 03:11:57 PM
I'm not sure if Spring Awakening has been on TKTS lately. I was meeting a friend at the Marquis last week and passed by the booth and didn't see it.

I'd say your best bet is to do rush. I'd say getting around the theatre 6 AM-ish. Two day shows seem to be easier because the box office hands out more tickets. You can choose either the matinee or evening.

Jul 26 2007, 10:47:17 PM
I've done student rush plenty of times at other shows and brought my mother along with me. I don't see why not =]
 Jul 6 2007, 12:34:53 PM
Bobby Maler, yes, I indeed heard, from Matt himself! I'm very excited, I hope I'm available that day!
 Jul 5 2007, 12:09:31 PM
On-stage seats are fantastic! You'll have a wonderful time ^.^

I'm dying to see some understudies! I've seen Gerard Canonico go on for JBW and Robert Hager for Gideon. Both awesome I must say. My friend and I have taken a particular liking to Matt Doyle.... apparently he's the Melchior understudy... now that... I would LOVE to see.

re: Company Closing Sunday - anyone else going?
 Jul 1 2007, 12:51:14 PM
I'm with Ariella. I saw the show twice last week and I instantly fell in love with it.

I hope everyone who goes tonight has an amazing evening! Please review, I would love to hear how it went.

re: Company Student Rush..
 Jun 15 2007, 12:25:56 PM
I was actually thinking about rushing for the matinee show next Wednesday until my band director decided to have a mandatory rehearsal for senior graduation the next day -__-

I'm quite unfamiliar with the rush set up for Company, can anyone fill me in? From my understanding, the times vary for rush... For matinee shows, what would one say is an efficient time to go to the theatre?

von Essen, Harada, and more enter Les Miz April 24
 Apr 23 2007, 11:54:39 AM
I'm super excited for tomorrow night! I'm going a with a friend of mine, and it's his first time seeing the show. I'll definitely be back to report a review of the new cast.
re: Spring Awakening Box Office??
 Jan 9 2007, 10:54:06 PM
Yes. Sundays they open at noon.
re: Spring Awakening love
 Jan 6 2007, 01:45:46 PM
Woowoo just bought my on-stage tickets for March yesterday! The guy at the box office was very nice. I got seats AA4 and 6.

While I was there, they put up the board saying that Gerard Canonico was going on as Georg. Seems like he's been going on lately. Then, out of nowhere out walks Gerard from the theatre! He's so small! I'm actually taller than him!

re: Michael Longoria officially named the 5th Season
 Jan 4 2007, 11:17:34 PM
How exciting for Michael! I saw him go on as Frankie the first time I saw Jersey Boys. He was absolutely wonderful, I'd love to see him again one day. Congrats to you Michael!
re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine
 Jan 4 2007, 01:03:45 AM
A revival cast recording is a great idea.
Oh, on the discussion of the half-Filipino cast members, Adam Jacobs is also half-Filipino.

Article on Adam Jacobs

Great article musicaltheatre1! I especially loved the "Filipino time" tidbit in the end. As a filipina myself, it's great to see actors like Lea, Adam, and Allie on stage. I love how the revival cast is so culturally diverse!

I'm super excited that Lea is coming back to Broadway! I saw her in Flower D

re: Spring Awakening Understudy Gerard Canonico
 Jan 2 2007, 11:29:53 PM
Gerard is a cutie. When he went on as Hanschen, Gideon towered over him. That got a chuckle out of the korean tourists beside me haha.
 Jan 1 2007, 01:28:37 PM
Gerard is 17.

He didn't even know that he was going on until 15 minutes before show time and hadn't even rehearsed more than 1 or 2 of Hanschen's scenes before today. I wish I could've been there to see him go on for the first time.

Wow, yesterday first time going on. He did great! I'm 17 too and... wow. There was this certain air about him which pulled you in during the reprise. I don't know how Jonathan does the scene, but I really enjoyed Gerard's interpretation. May

Jan 1 2007, 01:08:07 AM
I don't have anyone to compare him to, but I really enjoyed his performance. He has a great voice and his acting was very good. I'm quite partial to him in "My Junk", his dramatic reading was...well... quite a reading haha

He's so tiny compared to Gideon! But the "Word of Your Body Reprise" was something alright. It got the korean tourists next to me go "OHHHH" haha

Hilarious Comments...
 Dec 31 2006, 07:12:56 PM
While trying to get to Port Authority a while ago a young boy clearly not from the States said to his mother:

"Wow, these Americans sure love their New Years!"

Dec 31 2006, 07:08:55 PM
I was quite baffled myself. I don't know if he knew the people or not, but he was walking around intermission, and at the end of the show he stood up which started a standing ovation.

It was actually quite empty today. I moved up a couple of rows to get a better view.

Dec 31 2006, 06:27:34 PM
Actually, Gerard was on for Jonathan B. Wright. I thought he did a great job... considering today was my first time watching the show and he's the only Hanschen I've seen. Jonathan was actually in the audience for the performance! He was talking to some audience members about the show.
 Dec 29 2006, 11:18:55 PM
I heard about it being pretty hectic too. How many rush do they have exactly?
 Dec 29 2006, 12:17:06 AM
Ahhh okay. Thanks for the information everyone!

P.S. What time does the box office open on Sunday?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You