News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for classicalmusicplayer2

Member Name: classicalmusicplayer2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bad cell reception breakup song.
 Jun 18 2021, 01:27:06 AM
I saw a showcase a few years ago and there was a duet where the couple has bad cell service and because their call is cutting out words are lost and the girl breaks ups with the guy. In the showcase the guy was on a train but I don't know if that's the original scene.

I for the life of me can not remember the title or show. Does anyone know it? It's been stuck in my head.

Title of a Play
 Dec 1 2017, 02:50:31 PM

I saw a play a few years ago and I can't for the life of me remember the name or the author.

There are three half-siblings that all come together when their father is admitted to the hospital. The one is very put together, the second sister is a mess and all over the place, and the brother is basically a stoner. I believe the father dies in the play.

Thanks!

In the same vein
 Dec 18 2016, 07:46:14 PM

Hello! I need help finding a song. I'm looking for a duet (2F prefered but it doesn't really matter) in the same vein as "For Good" from Wicked. "We so glad that we met and are friends" essentially. Ballad, Uptemo, and any style.

Thank you for the help!

Songs about suicide
 Nov 17 2016, 01:37:18 AM

Hello all,

I'm involved in a cabaret where the theme is "darkest secrets" My secret is that I once attempted suicide and would like to find a MT song (it can be from film/tv as well) when a character is about to commit suicide (besideds Soliloquy in Les Miz). 

Thank you for the help.

Duet for 2F one African-American and One Caucasian
 Aug 23 2016, 08:08:27 PM

Hello!

I know there is dozens of threads dedicated to female duets but I was wondering if anyone would mind listing duets intended for one female to be African-American and the other Caucasian (besides Take Me Or Leave Me because it is already being done). A friend and I would like to do something together and was wondering if there is anything like this. We thought it would be cool to do something that we can play into the race. 

Thank you!

Your First Broadway Show
 Jul 18 2016, 11:42:12 AM

H2$ with Nick Jonas. I had played in pits and done tech work in High School but wasn't a mega fan. I honestly only went because I wanted to check seeing a broadway show off my list and I thought Nick Jonas was really cute so it was a bonus. 

But something clicked that night. 

Fast foward to now where I'm finishing up my last year of training at one of the top musical theatre programs in the world. 

Life was never the same.&nb

LaDuca Taps Vs Miller & Ben
 Jul 18 2016, 11:33:22 AM

I'm currently a MT Major in NYC using a three inches Capezio Manhattan Xtreme. However, I severely dislike them. So after saving up I am looking for new shoes. I've narrowed it down to LaDuca Angelique or Miller & Ben La Coquette. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either or a preference. Or is there are any other three inches shoes I should look at. 

Thanks!

P.S. Between school and outside classes

LaDuca Taps Vs Miller & Ben
 Jul 18 2016, 01:15:49 AM

I'm currently a MT Major in NYC using a three inches Capezio Manhattan Xtreme. However, I severely dislike them. So after saving up I am looking for new shoes. I've narrowed it down to LaDuca Angelique or Miller & Ben La Coquette. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either or a preference. Or is there are any other three inches shoes I should look at. 

Thanks!

P.S. Between school and outside classes I tap 8-10 hours

1950s Belt
 Apr 17 2016, 11:37:25 PM

Does anyone know of a resource where it categorized songs by type (ballad, pattern, belt etc.) I'm looking for a 1950s belt song that is preferably a "11oclock/showstopper/bringthehousedown" type (but it can't be from Gypsy lol) for a recital and am having trouble. 

Thanks!

Lowest Female Song.
 Mar 4 2016, 12:01:21 AM

If it doesn't have a wide range that's fine. I just feel like I haven't used my lower register since starting training in MT 

Lowest Female Song.
 Mar 3 2016, 11:44:26 PM

Hi!

I was wondering what the lowest female song/part is in MT?

I'm 23 and currently studying MT in NYC. I cone from an opera based training and am fairly "new" to MT. I'm a contralto and "fry" at B2. I've been singing Mezzo songs but I want something I can really sink my teeth into.

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Song with Violin?
 Feb 2 2016, 12:07:20 AM

Hello,

I'm currentlyin Uni for MT and we are having a "hidden talent" day in which we have to perform a song which includes a talent we have. Mine is that for 15+ years I played violin. However I'm really drawing a blank for songs that I could do. I am a female but I would be open to male songs as well. They also don't have to be form a show it can be a stand alone. 

Thanks!

Most translated language.
 Jan 1 2016, 04:24:44 PM

I know that several shows have been translated into other languages. Does anyone know which language has had the most translations? Over the years I've studied a bit of multiple languages but I would like to really buckle down on one and if one can provide me with more opertunity I would like to study it!

Thanks!!

Most famous pas de deux
 Sep 15 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Help me settle a debate! What is the most famous/popular/recongized dance male/femalpas de deux IN MT? It can be a dance break during a song and it can be from a movie version of a musical and any genre. 

Thanks!

How does shows closing so fast effect actors and crew?
 May 7 2015, 11:44:13 PM

Hi all!

So as we all probably know by now that Doctor Zhivago us closing this Sunday. I was wondering what happens to the actors? Does their contracts guarantee pay for an amount of time even if the show closes? I just think itust stink to land a show and then have no income so quickly. Yes broaadway is a great risk but I wouldn't think that anyone has anything lined up this close to the opening. Sure they can get other work but the audition process takes t

Broadway Theaters with center aisle
 May 6 2015, 04:26:12 PM

Hello all!

So this may sound like a strange question but I'm currently writing a short story and I was wondering if anyone had a list of Broadway Theaters that have a center aisle. Preferably all the way from back of house to the stage. 

Thanks!

Butterfly Song?
 Mar 23 2015, 03:25:30 PM
Thank you all that was the correct song!!
Butterfly Song?
 Mar 23 2015, 01:02:35 AM
Hey Y'all!

Years ago at a cabaret an artist sang a particular song about a butterfly and I for the life of me can not remember the name of it or who wrote it. I would like to try to tack down sheet music for it as I have been asked to speak and sing aty former high school.

The story of the song is this: There is a butterfly who only stretches out his wings and never goes anywhere. One day he asked the river where he his heading to. The river responds the ocean. The butterfly s

Broadway Stage Grid or Clock or Something like that...
 Feb 26 2015, 09:45:00 PM
Thanks for the information! Could you try up loading the picture again please? The picture showing is one of a gypsy robe.

Thanks!

Broadway Stage Grid or Clock or Something like that...
 Feb 26 2015, 07:59:36 PM
Hey all,

As I mentioned in before I'm new to Broadway. I've been watching interview where actors talk about mishaps that happen on stage and they'll say something like "at the end of the number I was supposed to be at 6 but my dress got caught and I was at 3 and the set started to come down on me."

I assume that they are referencing some type of organization method used to place people on stage and was wondering if someone could explain it (preferable with a visual aid) . Or p

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You