News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrunkyMcWasted

DrunkyMcWasted Profile Photo
Member Name: DrunkyMcWasted
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://marianlibrarian.livejournal.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: funny ad libs during a show Young frank tonight
 Jan 18 2008, 04:52:16 AM
I was there for this tonight (wound up lotto-ing on a whim and winning). Fred Applegate was a riot.

I wasn't particularly thrilled with Sutton's understudy... but she wasn't terrible.

Musical Mix
 Jul 18 2007, 03:30:12 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but here's my two cents on the original topic:

True, anyone can act. But not anyone can act well. You used that quote from Ratatouille earlier about how "anyone can cook...". But I'd like to reiterate the full meaning of that statement from the end of the movie: "not everyone CAN become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Emotions are NOT the core of acting. As many a teacher has told me: and actor is supposed to play a

re: Broadway Barks today
 Jul 16 2007, 12:18:09 AM

I too am confused about people saying all the dogs were announced as adopted... considering my roommate and I put in an application on that fluffy red dog and were told we'd have to wait a few days to hear whether we could have him because they did not do same-day adoptions.

Songs for a funeral/memorial?
 Jun 27 2007, 09:39:05 AM
Ironically, I posted a thread with this same title in November. This is not a good year for me.

My grandpa, who I was extremely close to, passed away unexpectedly this morning. The first thing I though, after the initial shock passed (though really, it still hasn't), was that I have to sing. My grandpa believed in me more than anyone.

Any song suggestions? I have a few already, but I haven't found "the song" yet.

re: BROADWAY BARES '07
 Jun 18 2007, 04:02:56 AM
If the Angels were the only full frontal at the 9:30 show... then midnight was definitely racier. I definitely saw way more than two penises. :P

The show was fabulous. I'm considering proposing to Leslie Kritzer.

delete this post please
 Mar 12 2007, 11:40:25 PM
yep
this grease 'thing'
 Jan 7 2007, 05:31:55 PM
I've only skimmed the thread, because I'm lazy, but I thought I'd put in my two cents...

You know what, as much as I hate reality TV... talent is talent. I mean, aside from the initial auditions (which is the only part of "American Idol" that I ever found remotely entertaining), they're not going to let anyone who can't sing actually get through. Granted, the "voting audience" will probably pick the best sob story and not the biggest talent. But by the time they get to that part I'm gue

re: Wedding Singer Tour?
 Jan 3 2007, 05:26:33 PM
That's probably because the shoes are generally made specifically for certain cast members (same goes for costumes, but they're easier to reuse/let out/tuck in... you can't really resize shoes). I think in most productions the actors are allowed to keep their shoes.

re: Wedding Singer Tour?
 Jan 3 2007, 02:04:09 PM
Yeah, I was told by a cast member that they weren't being allowed to take their props and such, because they are using EVERYTHING for the tour.
re: What is your first show of 2007?
 Jan 2 2007, 01:21:16 AM
probably Apple Tree on wednesday.
re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 Jan 2 2007, 12:28:00 AM
Teehee!
re: Lisa Brescia to standby Julia Murney in WICKED
 Jan 1 2007, 11:15:32 PM

Jan 1 2007, 11:02:55 PM
iLuv, what are you talking about? You brag ALL THE TIME! Don't you remember when you went around telling everyone how Laura was your BFF??
 Jan 1 2007, 10:46:32 PM
myManCape- what did iLuv ever say about "knowing" Lisa? He was posting news on someone he enjoys as a performer. Isn't that what people generally do on these message boards? Whether or not he "knows" her has nothing to do with this thread. At all.

And when did "knowing" people become a competition?

re: Tina Maddigan and Amy Spanger post wedding singer
 Jan 1 2007, 07:19:47 PM
I was going to say something but I think I'll keep my mouth shut...
re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 Dec 31 2006, 07:05:29 PM
Since it seems to be a common question: Tina came out after the final company bows when Stephen made his speech, along with all the crew/swings/etc. No, she did not have her own bow.

The audience was nuts tonight. There were several moments when the cast had to wait for all the cheering to stop to continue with their lines.

There were lots of little things that happened, but one of my personal favorites was Stephen FINALLY putting back: "Well lets see if this registers, you

re: Songs from shows that *tear* at your heart-strings.
 Dec 27 2006, 11:23:36 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm sure some of these are repeats.

-"Another Winter In a Summer Town" - Grey Gardens
-"Around the World" - Grey Gardens
-"You Will Always Be a Part of Us"/"Why We Tell This Story" - Once On This Island
-"Come To Your Senses" - Tick, Tick... Boom
-"I'll Cover You (reprise)" - RENT
-"If I Didn't Believe In You" - The Last Five Years
-"The Fire Within Me" (not so much the whole song, as the dialogue in the middle) - Littl

next on fox: when scary wedding singer fans attack!
 Dec 19 2006, 01:55:27 PM
It's really not a diva thing. It's just really distracting to have someone dressed as you sitting staring at you in the front row... no matter who you are. I'm not on broadway or anything... but if I had fans I'd much rather they save the outpooring on fan-ness for the stage door, when I'm not trying to concentrate on doing my job.
re: LES MISÉRABLES extends limited engagement
 Dec 19 2006, 01:51:58 PM
Gee, what a surprise...
re: SCARY Wedding Singer fan sighting!
 Dec 19 2006, 01:47:03 PM
It is nice that you're going and supporting the show, I appreciate that, I just think there are much less obtrusive ways of going about it. As I said, I appreciate the desire to dress up for things (I myself am an unabashed Star Wars nerd), but in my opinion broadway is just not the place for it (unless it's, like, Halloween or something).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You