News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kreichelt

Member Name: kreichelt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jagged Little Pill preview thread  Nov 4 2019, 02:18:23 PM

bethyd, thanks!  I mixed up the names...  but it was those two songs I thought were so strong.  Glad they are still in the show!!

Jagged Little Pill preview thread  Nov 4 2019, 12:05:19 PM

dramamama611, this is exactly what I was going to say after reading the thread.

I was sure they would clean up the book and give it some focus, but it sounds like they didn't. 

Now that I know that, I hope, at least, that the backwards song (Uninvited) survived any changes they did make.  I know everyone else was all about You Oughta Know, but for me, it was the mother's songs.  

Finding Neverland on Tour  Jun 23 2017, 06:09:04 AM

Mr. Nowack said: "The ART version cannot have been thaaaaat much better."

I'm with rcwr.  The ART version was really that much better.  It was dark and beautiful and treated the audience like sentient beings.  I saw it in Cambridge three times and was so excited when it transferred to Broadway.  Every change they made put a knife through its heart.  It went from gorgeous and breathtaking to solidly mediocre.  

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART  May 31 2017, 09:09:28 AM

RippedMan said: "I don't care for her direction. I think Waitress is such a great show despite her over directing the show. Everyone that comes out of ART just looks "cheap" to me. Besides Comet, but that wasn't really a true ART production. But I'll never forget the awfulness of Finding Neverland and how cheap that whole show looked."

Finding Neverland on Broadway was definitely mediocre.  But it was so, so much better, so much more intere

Musical Theatre Songs About Parties  May 29 2017, 08:51:43 AM

Might not be the kind of party you have in mind, but there's Big Fun from Heathers.

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour  May 24 2017, 09:42:01 AM

I don't know if this is the case throughout the tour, but in Boston this is the ticket nobody wants that they have to buy if they want the subscription that lets them get Hamilton tickets.

Should I take my kid to 1984?  May 21 2017, 09:16:49 AM

I saw it at the ART in Cambridge, and liked it a lot.  However, it's pretty intense and includes a torture scene.  I don't think I'd recommend it for that age. 

Here's are a couple of reviews you might find helpful:

Musicals with Schools  May 12 2017, 12:11:21 PM

Next to Normal has a song set in school (Everything Else)

13 reasons why & dear Evan Hansen  Apr 29 2017, 08:52:43 AM

13 Reasons Why focuses on WHY Hannah committed suicide,  and blames the people in her life for it, while being extremely graphic both in terms of the suicide and the reasons why.  That is why it is facing backlash.

Dear Evan Hansen does neither of these things.  In fact, we never learn why Connor committed and no one is ever blamed for it.  In fact, the only question about the suicide in DEH is how to use it to help others feel less alone and not make that decision.

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Apr 26 2017, 04:24:23 PM

LiveOutLoud said: "Anyone have any insight into how high the stage is at the Brooks? I've got front row tickets for tonight and wasn't sure."

This will give you a sense.  This photo was taken from the 4th row.

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Apr 26 2017, 12:31:50 PM

VintageSnarker said: "@kreichelt You didn't find Will Swenson's Earl charming??? That was part of what I liked about him. He had the swagger and bravado of past roles like Berger and Stacee Jaxx (I'm assuming, not having seen Rock of Ages) but you got the sense that this guy had never been a leader or on stage in any big way and that discrepancy between who he thought he should be and how he thought people should be treating him and what his life was actually life had mad

14 notes in CFA/N2N  Apr 26 2017, 12:23:53 PM

Yup!  I posted this a few weeks back:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1099747&boardname=off-topic&dt=0

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Apr 26 2017, 08:35:50 AM

VintageSnarker said: "Christopher Fitzgerald was somehow even better even though I already knew all the jokes. I don't know how they'll ever replace him."

I've seen the show twice with Christopher, and twice at the ART pre-Christopher.  Jeremy Morse, who understudies for him, had the part in Cambridge, and he was wonderful.  I was disappointed for him that they re-cast the part for Broadway, and thought Christopher was maybe a little too old

David Malloy or Josh Groban?  Apr 24 2017, 02:47:49 PM

PaulWom said: "When did you see it? In the fall? I've been to every Scott performance (save one) and the full audience stayed through the entire time, save a few people at one performance."

Saturday, November 19, matinee.  

You've seen every Scott performance?!  And I thought I was a fan...

David Malloy or Josh Groban?  Apr 24 2017, 01:31:51 PM

When I saw it with Groban out sick, the crowd loitering in the entryway was in a malaise -- most people turning to their seatmates to decide whether they should take advantage of the offer to exchange their tickets for a show at a later date.  My daughter and I convinced the people next to us in line who seemed to be leaning toward leaving to stay, but a number of people did leave.  

David Malloy or Josh Groban?  Apr 24 2017, 10:11:44 AM

I saw the show at the ART, and again on Broadway.  Josh Groban had strep when I went, so I've seen Scott Stangland twice and think he's good in the role.  Having listened to the off-Broadway recording again and again and again (and having seen him in Ghost Quartet), I'm a big fan of Dave Malloy.  Plus, who knows the role better than the writer?  When I went to buy tickets to see it again, I made a conscious choice between the two Pierres I haven't seen

Come From Away sounding Next to Normalish...  Mar 14 2017, 01:59:59 PM

Could those first few bars of "Something Missing" sound any more like "Maybe" from Next to Normal...?

DEH or CFA  Mar 1 2017, 12:11:51 PM

Mike66 said: "The younger you are, the more you will be moved by DEH. The older you are, the more you will be moved by CFA.

Totally disagree.  Among the beautiful things about DEH is its appeal to both young and old.  My daughter loved it, primarily through her connection with Evan.  I loved it, particularly through my connection with the parents.  Maybe there's a u-shaped relationship here, where young and old especially love DEH - may

Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 9 2017, 04:37:07 PM

themysteriousgrowl said: " Wait. When is Malloy subbing? I really enjoyed Josh, but I'd love to see Dave one last time."

http://www.playbill.com/article/great-comet-creator-dave-malloy-will-step-in-for-josh-groban-for-10-performances

Malloy, who originated the role of Pierre in the show’s initial Off-Broadway runs at Ars Nova and Kazino, will perform the role May 4 at 7 PM, May 5 at 8 PM, May 6 at 2 PM and 8 PM, May 7 at 3 PM, May 9 at 7 PM, May 16 at 7 PM, June 13 at 7 PM, June 20 at 7 PM, and June 27 at 7 PM.

Dream replacement: JOSH GROBAN  Feb 9 2017, 06:51:37 AM

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Morrison wouldn't be a terrible choice, though he comes off as too pretty and virile for Pierre."

Ugh.  Please, no.  Not a good fit.

BTW, I think Scott Stangland is great in the role, and he deserves the part. It would suck if they couldn't sell the show without a star who doesn't fit it as well.  I bought tickets for while Dave Malloy subbing in, and can't wait to see him. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You