News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Steven9

Steven9 Profile Photo
Member Name: Steven9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Music Man 2020 Venue Mystery
 Sep 14 2019, 12:30:03 PM

Do we think they’re going to move BeetleJuice? Or close? Because they extended ticket sales for Kong, but it was evident in the grosses that they were sitting in 60-70% capacity consistently. BeetleJuice is actually making a lot of money and has consistently been in the 90% capacity range, some times high 80’s. I don’t think they’re gonna close it...

Sep 14 2019, 11:51:10 AM
BeetleJuice s doing so well though, and they just extended their ticket sales...
 Sep 14 2019, 11:43:38 AM

What was the first ever Broadway Revival
 Aug 29 2017, 11:33:27 PM

I've always wondered what was the first ever Broadway revival...was it Gypsy?

Next to Normal Dream Revival
 Aug 22 2017, 12:57:05 AM

While those ideas are great, I really think that if they did a revival, they should cast POC in the roles. Mainly because the roles don't NEED to be white. I think Heather Headley would get a Tony

Next to Normal Dream Revival
 Aug 21 2017, 11:50:35 PM

It's been a little bit since Next To Normal has been on Broadway. It also didn't get its rightful awards at the Tonys. But I would love to see a revival with Heather Headley as Diana and Jesse L. Martin as Dan. Any ideas on who the kids could be?

Miss Saigon 7/7
 Jul 7 2017, 05:56:32 PM

Lol, I'm exhausted xD

Miss Saigon 7/7
 Jul 7 2017, 05:53:04 PM

Does anybody know if anyone is out tonight for this evening's performance of Miss Saigon? Thanks!

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 6 2017, 01:51:44 PM

Kad said: "Audrey needs an actress who looks like an ingénue, who takes the role seriously,  but is just inherently kooky. It's a deceptively hard role to cast. Annaleigh Ashford is probably the closest to the ideal in terms of a "name," but I think a really successful production would find someone off the beaten path.

This is really a show for character actors, through and through. Even Jake Gyllenhaal, despite his looks, is m

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 6 2017, 12:14:24 PM

That sounds very interesting and different. Also, a Cynthia Erivo voiced plant would probably make me faint from perfection.

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 09:24:16 PM

I also think that they should add Mean Green Mother from Outer Space if another revival happened

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 08:20:47 PM

PatrickDC said: "I like I like the idea of Andrew Keenan-Bolger as Seymour. He might need to tone down the twinkle in his eye cuteness and play more vulnerable, fearful, and nerdy. 

Andy Karl, I love the idea as Orin. Think Ted Bundy, the handsome serial killer type. I love characters that have sharp contrasts like that. 

I always had the sense Audrey should be physically older than Seymour, to illustrate she's been around the block, knowing t

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 08:18:02 PM

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 08:15:11 PM

Adam Kantor is another great idea! Although I have been dreaming about Ben as Seymour for a few months now. I also feel Ben would be better for ticket sales, seeing as he's the big buzz nowadays. He would definitely sell the show. And Megan Hilty is also a great choice for Audrey.

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 07:08:36 PM

I did see Annaleigh in Sunday, and she was wonderful. I think she fits the character, I just think her vocal type isn't Audrey. She's a strong singer, but she's not a big beltress. Her voice was PERFECT for Dot. Dot needs a nice strong mix. Audrey needs a huge almost rock belt (but not rock). I can see what you're saying about Betsy in a sense. 

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 06:38:08 PM

Can anyone think of a Broadway name that has a huge belt and fits the Audrey character type that is closer to Ben's age? 

Cause tbh, Betsy Wolfe doesn't look 35. If I were to watch the show not knowing either of their age, I wouldn't really think that they have a huge age gap. 

As I said before, I think Annaleigh fits the character of Audrey, but not the vocal type. I honestly don't think Kerry Butler was the right vocal type

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 11:06:06 AM

Also, Ashford is 32 and Wolfe is 35. Only a 3 year age difference. I still stand by Wolfe.

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 10:57:00 AM

I love Annaleigh, she would definitely be more age appropriate for Ben. But at the same time, Betsy doesn't look 35 to me. I also think Betsy is more the vocal type. They are both belters, but Betsy has the HUGE belt that Ellen Greene had. There's a video of her singing Suddenly Seymour with Darren Criss on YouTube, and it literally sends shivers down my spine. 

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 10:53:17 AM

HamilHansen said: "Seymour- Ben Platt

Audrey 2- James Monroe Iglehart or Michael James Scott

Orin- Rory O'Malley

"I still think Andy Karl would be a better choice for Orin. He is PERFECT for the role. I think he could get a Tony nom for it!

Little Shop Fantasy Cast
 Jul 5 2017, 12:23:34 AM

So, I am a huge lover of Little Shop of Horrors. The 2003 revival didn't really do justice to the original off- Broadway production. One of the main problems was the fact that the theatre was too big for a show that's supposed to be more intimate. So I had an idea that Roundabout should pick it up for a limited engagement revival at Studio 54, and I felt this cast would be perfect:

Seymour-Ben Platt

Audrey-Betsy Wolfe 

Mushnik-Danny Burstein<

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You