News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Christopher Lippolt

Member Name: Christopher Lippolt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 11 2018, 04:42:53 PM
When I saw the London production of In The Heights, the actor playing Benny was Indian. He was terrific.
In The Heights Movie Casting  Jun 7 2018, 09:45:38 PM
Forgive me for not knowing the spelling of her name. There is that beautiful young girl who was in the tv show RISE and worked with LMM in Moana. She is a beautiful singer and young and fresh. I would love to see her as Nina.
New translation app  Jun 5 2018, 08:41:12 AM
I heard on the news this morning that they are testing a new app that translates broadway shows. People can watch the translations from their phones during the performance. I just hope this doesn’t turn into a sea of phones lit up during performances. I would kind of hate that since phones are always such a distraction as it is.
What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?  Mar 28 2018, 09:42:11 PM
1 - original cast of A Chorus Line

2-original cast of Funny Girl

3 - some BOb Fosse choreography done with original cast.

Tell Me on a Sunday  Jan 26 2018, 11:34:21 AM
They lyrics are not dated at all. You are correct. Some of the arrangements seem very specific to the time it was originally done. But that is minor. It’s still a great gem of a one woman vehicle
Tell Me on a Sunday  Jan 26 2018, 08:14:35 AM
I just listened to Tell Me on a Sunday last night. Although it is a bit dated, it is still a great vehicle for a talented actress/singer.
We have so many great and talented women out there. It would be great to see some perform this material.

Spielberg's West Side Story  Jan 25 2018, 09:46:28 PM
What a great response
Best understudy you've ever seen?  Jan 17 2018, 01:37:27 PM

Ive been an active theater goer since the late 70"s when I was a young boy.  Ive seen many impressive understudies in my day.  I had the pleasure of experiencing the original Dreamgirls more than once.  Both times Sheryl Lee Ralph was out.  I was able to see her understudy, Phylicia Rashad, both times.  She was perfection.  No wonder she went on to have a great great career.

Musicals with Double Casts  May 29 2016, 08:40:38 AM

When Baz Luhrmann did his Broadway run of LaBoheme, they used a triple cast for the 2 leads and a double cast for the secondary leads.  I know it is technically an opera, but it was on Broadway.

Kelli O'Hara's entrance applause!  Jun 10 2015, 10:27:17 AM

I was there as well.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  I knew it would be a special performance for sure.  The audience gave her such a warm and generous entrance.  You could clearly see how touched she was with all the love from the audience.

re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Jul 27 2014, 02:26:13 AM
Hugh Jackman is amazing. We were waiting to see him prior to his one man show. The crowd was big and was waiting for his "car" to arrive and him to go to the theater. Suddenly this man walks up to the crowd and says "are you guys waiting for someone?" It was him. Everyone went nuts as he walked right into the crowd. He was so kind and grateful for his fans. At one point he had to say "I have to go to work now" and go inside. He was such a class act and I will never forget that day.
re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Jul 27 2014, 02:18:47 AM
I have had some great stage door experiences. When I saw Exit The King with Geoffrey Rush, Susan Sarandon, Andrea Martin, the entire cast came out one by one. they were all so genuinely kind to everyone. There were some drama students there and all the actors were asking them very engaging questions and gave them all the time they needed. The cast of In The Heights was always so nice to everyone. Jordan Sparks was so kind when she was in the show for a brief time, even using my back as a des
Theatre things to do in Boston  Jun 15 2014, 10:35:33 AM
You can always take a ferry to Provencetown in Cape Cod. It is about a 90 minute ride. Major theater stars perform concerts there all summer long.
Hedwig Stagedoor  May 12 2014, 10:42:05 PM
It was very crowded and we waited about an hour and 10 minutes before NPH finally came out. The security was clear with everybody that he would not be able to pose for photos with anybody. He was gracious enough to sign as much as he could.
TV Musicals  Nov 26 2013, 10:47:23 PM
I remember seeing ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Carol Burnett on television when I was a kid. It was wonderful, but was never heard from again. they also aired AINT MISBEHAVIN with the original cast in the 80's. I would LOVE to have that on DVD.
Favorite Kander and Ebb song  Sep 13 2013, 08:43:30 AM
I agree with you. Every one of your song selections would of been on my list.
Merrily We Roll Along screening - ticket glitch?  Sep 13 2013, 08:41:46 AM
There are 2 theaters on Long Island that I had no problem getting tickets at.
Andrea Martin out all of August  Aug 2 2013, 08:19:29 AM
I am very sad to hear this. Actors are humans and occasionally miss shows, I understand. They also deserve vacations as any other hard worker. I spent money on premium seats for August 20 to treat my daughter before she goes away to school. This is disappointing. First Orion, now Andrea. Do you know if the box office has a policy to exchange tickets for a later date since Andrea Martin is an award winner and all. If not, can I safely assume that the producers would not have other major r
Pippin vacation schedule  Jul 18 2013, 07:02:09 AM
Does anybody know if and when the Pippin leads will be out on scheduled vacations this summer?
Tony Winning Shows Tonight  Jun 12 2013, 01:09:36 AM
I saw PIPPIN tonight. I bought the tickets months ago since I had a feeling it would win as much as it did. The audience was very excited and the cast was on fire. The show is just so good and tonights performance was electric. I would not have missed being there for anything. AND the cherry on top was that Mr. Ben Vereen was in the audience cheering alongside all the fans. GREAT NIGHT. I can imagine that KINKY BOOTS was just as amazing, but I could only be in one place at a time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You