News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for showtuna

showtuna Profile Photo
Member Name: showtuna
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alexandra Socha has left Fun Home  Apr 29 2015, 08:48:05 PM

I know this is an old thread, but in light of Emily Skegg's tony nom, I thought I'd bring it back... any more info on why Alexander Socha left the show?

Jefferson Mays vacation: Greg Jackson debut  Aug 5 2014, 11:20:14 PM
Just got back from gentlemen's guide, and saw Greg Jackson go on as the D'ysquith family for the very first time. He was spectacular. The chemistry between him and Bryce Pinkham was amazing, and the sheer energy he brought to the show was incredible. I know some have been hesitant about buying tickets in Jefferson Mays' absence, but I would strongly recommend seeing Mr. Jackson before he returns.
Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone  Jul 16 2014, 11:52:37 PM
They're definitely both amazing. My personal preference would be Sutton Foster, but I think it's really just a matter of opinion. I don't think much of a case can be made for the mediocrity of either Sutton or Patti's abilities/talents. They're both fantastic.
Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone  Jul 12 2014, 12:51:29 AM
CORRECTION: pulls a *mild and incredibly watered down in comparison* Patti Lupone :)

Sutton Foster pulls a Patti Lupone  Jul 12 2014, 12:48:34 AM
Props to Sutton. Apparently at Violet this week, tsome people in the audience were yelling over a cell phone and she stopped, looked at them, and said "We'll wait" and then just looked away and waited until they shut up.
How'd they get that part?  Jul 8 2014, 09:41:28 PM
THANK YOU. She was great in Book of Mormon, but I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to cast her, especially in a role that so many would be willing to play.
heathers  Jul 8 2014, 03:34:09 PM
It was actually just announced that Charissa will be taking over. According to a show representative "Barrett Wilbert Weed has departed the Off-Broadway production of HEATHERS: THE MUSICAL to pursue other opportunities. Original cast member Charissa Hogeland, who has understudied the role of Veronica since the show's premiere at New World Stages, will take over the leading role, effective immediately." Not sure what you guys think, but I feel like they'll be sticking with Ms. Hogeland, at least for right now, instead of re-casting the part.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Barrett-Wilbert-Weed-Departs-HEATHERS-Charissa-Hogeland-to-Take-Over-as-Veronica-20140708#.U7xHYKhSOAI

What is your career/major  Jul 7 2014, 10:33:14 PM
Majoring in Music Theatre and working towards my equity card :)
"Modern" Les Miserables?  Jul 6 2014, 08:59:57 AM
Agreed. I feel like if they had tried to change the specific event/era instead of just moving it to a modern sort of setting, it might have worked better.
Not for me  Jul 5 2014, 11:33:57 PM
That's kinda what I'm feeling. I get the appeal, but in application, it just looked uncomfortable, and a little to sci-fi for my tastes. Then again, I've only seen the snippets from the video. Unless I get to see the full show, I don't want to judge too harshly. Either way, I feel like it's an interesting idea.
"Modern" Les Miserables?  Jul 5 2014, 11:18:58 PM
Just seeing some video from Dallas theater center's production of Les Mis... it appears to be set in either modern day/the future. I know this happens a lot with Shakespeare, where directors decide to put the show in an alternate setting, but I've never seen it with a musical before. Interesting cocept, especially with a show as popular as Les Mis, but not entirely sure how I feel about it. Did anyone get to see it? THoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TZLptihsc8

PLEASE HELP ME!!!:(  Jul 5 2014, 11:05:00 PM
"I Just Wanna Dance" from Jerry Springer the Opera. Skip to the second half of the video to see her sing it. Also (sorry to be that person), I've found the best way to find good sheet music for myself is to just do my research. The internet is great, and if you look hard enough, you can find just about any song for any type. Best of luck! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTG5zYb-nnc

Chris Colfer has been fired from Glee  Jul 3 2014, 01:43:10 PM
He just announced his twitter was hacked.
How about no Lea Michele for Funny Girl Revival  Jul 3 2014, 12:55:56 PM
What about Aaron Tveit as Nick Arnstein? If they're trying to nab the teen crowd, he's a solid choice. He's not a teen icon or anything, but a good chunk of teen girls know who he is, especially after some of his work with Les Mis and Graceland. I also remember him being considered for Finn on Glee and doing several screen tests until they decided he was too attractive and went with Cory Monteith. So he's on Ryan Murphy's radar.
SYTYCD Winner to be offered role in On the Town  Jul 3 2014, 12:51:27 PM
I also wonder if there's some sort of clause where they can always decide the winner isn't up to par, and refuse to cast them.
What are Some Good Broadway Songs About Lack Of Inspiration?  Jul 3 2014, 10:42:33 AM
"My Book" is a stand alone song by Jeff Blumenkratz that's all about a writer who can't think of anything to write about or motivate herself to start working. Audra Mcdonald sang it at one of her concerts (I actually think it was written for her). Also, about the rights thing, you don't need to worry about it. Seriously. Not a big deal. Actors don't request the rights for everything they perform at 54 below, or for their own personal concerts, and it's fine. As long as you bought the sheet music
SYTYCD Winner to be offered role in On the Town  Jul 3 2014, 10:34:03 AM
Not sure if anyone has already posted about this (if so I apologize I checked but couldn't find another thread), but it was announced that whoever wins this season of So You Think You Can Dance will be offered a role in On the Town. Not sure if by a "role" they just mean they'll join the chorus, or how long the winner will stay with the production, or other details, but I think it's an interesting concept that could work really well. Any thoughts?

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Jun 18 2014, 10:54:57 PM
Not sure if this has been said yet, but Patti Lupone said in an interview that she was offered the Witch in Into the Woods and refused it because she wanted to be Cinderella and they wouldn't give it to her. I'll post the link if I can find it, it was actually quite a hysterical re-telling.
Pippin Tour cast  Jun 18 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Unless I'm mistaken (and I totally could be) I thought Ciara R said during the Pippin at Google Talks interview that she was currently working on original material in Hunchback during the days, even though her nights were with Pippin. That might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure she strongly insinuated that, despite her ties with Pippin, she was still involved with Hunchback. Also, for the person that asked, it does say in the current Pippin playbill that, at some point, she was playing Esmeralda in
Ciara Ren?e and Kyle Dean Massey in pippin  Apr 5 2014, 01:36:14 AM
Here's audio of Ciara R singing Glory, and I think it erases any doubt of her talent or her fit in this part.
http://mariuseponines.tumblr.com/post/81547624235/glory-pippin-4-2-14-matinee-performance
And here's KDM singing Corner of the Sky
http://mariuseponines.tumblr.com/post/81526873658/corner-of-the-sky-pippin-4-2-14-matinee
I know it's not the same as seeing them, but seriously, they both sound amazing. Especially Ciara. And, while Baldwin wallace is often discounted, it is starting to breach that top tier of schools as the students that come out of there are not only talented, but they get jobs, and quickly. Definitely my dream school.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You