News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PlainMushroomWit'

PlainMushroomWit' Profile Photo
Member Name: PlainMushroomWit'
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Great Broadway Character Entrances
 Dec 17 2014, 06:24:41 AM
Two come to mind -

John Cullum as Oscar Jaffe in ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY. While his two sidekicks sit inside the speeding train, wondering if Oscar made it in time, we notice him outside the windows, crawling towards them while hanging on for dear life. Finally the "wind" blows his hat off.

Rachel York in CITY OF ANGELS. After film noir detective Stone searches the city for the missing bad girl, he returns to his apartment, where "Surprise!," she pops up in his bed, wearing

re: great opening numbers
 Dec 14 2014, 11:15:37 AM

"Raise the Flag of Dixie (Prologue)" from SHENANDOAH.

First show I ever saw on B'way. Mind blown.

A Question About Narrators And Breaking The 4th Wall
 Nov 28 2014, 01:18:55 PM
Thanks everyone!!
A Question About Narrators And Breaking The 4th Wall
 Nov 24 2014, 08:23:14 PM
Have there been shows, particularly musicals, where there's a Narrator who's also a character in the show who, when narrating, draws confused questions from other characters who want to know who he/she's talking to? I assume there must be, but I don't remember ever seeing that happen.

Thanks!

A Chorus Line - OBC
 Mar 17 2014, 09:58:47 PM
Ron Kuhlman (Don) played Philip Covington III aka Mr. Jan Brady in "The Brady Brides," "A Very Brady Christmas," and "The Bradys."
Favorite Villain Songs?
 Jul 7 2013, 07:53:57 PM
also "Feed Me (Git It)" from LITTLE SHOP
Favorite Villain Songs?
 Jul 7 2013, 07:51:01 PM
"Cool, Cool, Considerate Men" from 1776
Musicals that should've had a longer run...
 May 19 2013, 08:56:01 PM
CATS

Seriously, CITY OF ANGELS
URINETOWN
RAGTIME
and for me personally, the revival of 1776. I was living in LA at the time and had booked a flight to NY for the last week of June, but the show ended up closing mid-June. I was sure it would have lasted until Independence Day week.

BYE BYE BIRDIE Revival Questions
 May 7 2013, 01:05:49 AM
This sums it all up --

http://stagegrade.com/productions/52#

Grade average: D-. Ouch! It was skewered, and rightfully so. Just about everyone was miscast. A Rosie who couldn't dance? Check. An Albert devoid of personality traits other than to wear glasses to show he's nerdy? ChecK. A Birdie who seemed unaware that he's a comic character...etc... Wrong casting, then badly directed.

It was the first revival of the show on B'way EVER, but they ended up dropping plans to do a new cast album. That says a lot!

Pippin Rush
 May 1 2013, 01:15:46 AM
Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a go.
Pippin Rush
 Apr 30 2013, 03:13:47 PM
Just wondering if anybody's tried rushing the Saturday matinee lately, and if so, how early should I get to the box office?

Thanks.

Anne Hathaway to Make Broadway Debut as Sally Bowles
 Apr 24 2013, 11:53:58 AM
Yes please.
Best rendition of pinball wizard ever!
 Apr 22 2013, 09:14:04 AM
Why God, why?
JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
 Apr 18 2013, 10:33:51 PM
"Jekyll & Hyde...is...good" - New York Times
Anyone going to last performance of Hardbody tonight?
 Apr 15 2013, 08:31:00 PM
I saw the show Saturday matinee. My friend had gotten us tix over a month ago, not knowing we were just gonna get in under the wire. Did not love it, but was very glad to see it, and felt bad fot everybody that it was closing so soon. Had a great seat, 2nd row left aisle in the Orch., and enjpyed the show, especially the same highlights that everyone else dug. And as an added bonus, very much enjoyed checking out Kathleen Elizabeth Monteleone throughout the show.

What has surprised

HARDBODY to Close 4/13
 Apr 8 2013, 10:40:54 PM
Now i'm very very glad a friend got us tickets for the 4/13 2pm show. Just got in under the wire.
Pippin previews start tomorrow
 Apr 7 2013, 12:41:17 AM
Wow! Saw today's matinee. After all these great reviews on this and other threads, I was wondering if the show could possibly live up to the hype. For one of the very few times in my memory, it EXCEEDED the hype. I thought the acrobatics melded perfectly with the Fosse moves. I thought everybody did a great job. And i'm totally in love with Patina Miller! Again, wow! Just go see it!
What first made you fall in love theatre?
 Apr 1 2013, 07:00:55 AM
I fell in love with musical theatre during the first scene of the first show I ever saw live. Right before my 8th birthday, my family saw the original B'way production of SHENANDOAH with John Cullum. As soon as "Raise the Flag of Dixie" started, with the two groups of soldiers singing, I was hooked. The 2nd show I saw was the revival of FIDDLER with Zero Mostel. That just sealed the deal for me.
Which Musical (Original or Revival) Was A major Dissappointment For You?
 Mar 30 2013, 08:09:17 PM
RENT. Admittedly, I saw it in the wrong setting (the cavernous - and since demolished - Shubert in LA), but I hated every single character. Especially Mark. He was every pretentious knob I went to film school with who thought their home movies were art. The only songs I liked at all were "La Vie Boheme" and "Seasons of Love," and just barely. I know I'm in the minority, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
 Mar 20 2013, 09:31:18 AM
Somehow I now find Derek to be the most likeable character on the show, but I laugh every time they mention "Derek's choreography." Have we ever seen him ever discuss choreography? Does he have assistants who do all the work? Is he one of those non-dancing choreographer geniuses like Michael Douglas in the oh-so wonderful CHORUS LINE movie?

I do wonder though, if this was the real world - yes I know that STAR WARS may be LESS fantastical than the world SMASH exists in - I would assum

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You