News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nerwen

Member Name: Nerwen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Schwartz's Houdini  Oct 31 2014, 12:17:29 PM
Too bad for that show, it seemed very promising, but I´m excited for Schikaender, I hope he is still in involved und maybe we will learn a bit of the Houdini score.
WOMEN ON THE VERGE coming to the West End...  Oct 27 2014, 02:43:50 PM
Willemijn Verkaik is also in that Cast as Paulina und Anne Skellern is Chandela.

I´m really curious how Tamsin will cope with the singing part.
I find it strange that they didn´t chose a musical actress for that role but somebody who apparently never sang professionally.

Willemijn leaving Wicked London early  Jul 14 2014, 04:36:03 PM
Well, a little hope is that she is at least able to perform the evening shows till Saturday, so it can´t be that bad, that would be if she couldn´t move at all. Nevertheless it´s a suggery and that is always serious. I would guess that she has a spinal disc herniation and because of that the operation, if everything goes well she should be fine after 6 months I hope.
Willemijn leaving Wicked London early  Jul 14 2014, 02:19:49 PM
I´m sorry for Willemijn, hope that everything goes well and that she can really be back on stage.
Biggest Hopes for Next Season  Jun 4 2014, 04:06:56 AM
I´m hoping for Houdini, maybe Jackman even can join the project again, even if not it surely would be awesome with a score from Schwartz.
Songs About Loss  Apr 17 2014, 03:52:49 AM
Sorry for you loss, to my mind comes "dyin´ ain´t so bad" Bonny and Clyde and "With you" from Ghost.

Velma Kelly  Mar 27 2014, 11:16:20 PM
I have seen the show some time ago and watched again some YT clips and I don´t find Velmas dancing scenes that difficult that the actress needs to be a professional dancer, of course some basic knoledge is important but with hard training, prior the rehearsels, it should be managable, it´s not so that Velmas dancing includes very difficult elements of classical ballet, isn´t it?

Velma Kelly  Mar 27 2014, 03:44:12 PM
I ask because I wonder if the choreography is that difficult that only professional dancers can master it.
Velma Kelly  Mar 27 2014, 03:35:02 PM
Hi,

is Velma Kelly always played by a professional dancer?

Who should we see more of?  Jan 20 2014, 01:59:06 PM
Willemijn Verkaik! Best voice I ever heard. She would really deserve to be on Broadway.
Nicole Scherzinger To Replace Patina Miller in  Dec 26 2013, 12:36:53 PM
I just don´t get why a star would want to be a replacement. Would have made more sense for her if she was the original leading player of this revival to be eligable for the tony.
Houdini  Dec 24 2013, 05:09:25 PM
Oh hopefully, after all half of the score and a part of the book is finished, I beliueve, so it would be a shame to drop that. Interesting to know who will play the title role. Does it really has t be a Hollywood Star? Maybe they could use a Broadway star as well. I the musical is good, they don´t need a big name.

Houdini  Dec 24 2013, 03:59:35 AM
I hope they find anothr star who will play the role. I was really very much looking forward to a new Schwartz musical. Who could play Houdini instead. Justin Timberlake? Justin Bieber (Just joking) at least small he is. Who is famous and talented enough to get the part?
Willemijn Verkaik as Fantine  Nov 23 2013, 12:48:37 PM
I think she could pull it off. If she can play a 18 year old student, she can cetainly play a prostitute in her late? twenties. The voice she has anyway. I would really love to hear her sing "I dremaed a dream".
Wicked: mexican production  Oct 20 2013, 03:17:47 AM
Wow, that happened really fast. I wonder if she will be there for a few months, like Willemijn for example, or if she will have a full contract for one year or so.
Disney's FROZEN  Oct 18 2013, 04:07:57 AM
The song is really beautiful. By the way, Willemijn Verkaik, original german and dutch Elphaba is doing the german and dutch version of Elsa. What a coincidence.
Wicked: mexican production  Oct 16 2013, 08:43:01 AM
I really don´t get all the fuss regarding her. For me she sounds OK, but nothing spectacular, I actually think her voice is too girly, but that´s of course because she is 18.
Houdini  Aug 29 2013, 02:11:48 PM
Some news:

Houdini composer Stephen Schwartz recently revealed that he hopes the musical will play in Chicago prior to a Broadway run in the 2013-14 season.

He told AP: "I'm specifically writing for Hugh in terms of what I think will sound good in his voice and what sorts of things will really help him to do the things that he does."

On the current progress of the new musical, he added: "As soon as we finished it, of course, we immediately said, 'We have to rewrite this entire thing. But nevertheless we're moving on to try to get a complete draft of the show."

So they had it finished and then decided to rewrite it!?!? Well, I don´t see how it should be able to open on Broadway in Spring 2014.

That is an really interesting interview with Schwartz:

http://www.kansas.com/2013/08/29/2970552/schwartz-working-on-draft-of-musical.html

"I've found the last couple of Broadway seasons pretty disappointing from the point of view of musicals,"

So he isn´t impressed with the musicals of the last few years...

Does being in a show a long time help or hurt a career?  Aug 29 2013, 04:53:07 AM
I wonder that too, especially on the example of Willemijn. She will be soon in Wicked for 6 years, but it seems to help her career. I think it depends how big or in her case small the musical community is, in Germany or Holland it´s quiete small and being with such a big producion for such a long time, makes her popular ^^ and helps her to find jobs, for example her 2 months run in Mamma Mia, while the first lead has vacation, they could used the standby but they wanted Willemijn, cause in our s
Willemijn's London Run in Wicked  Aug 29 2013, 03:49:26 AM
"Hope not, she was awful in the role when I saw her a few weeks back."

Wow, then you are really in the minority, cause many say she is the "best" Elpahaba ever, not for nothing she got the role in Germany, Holland, on Broadway and now in London.

I´m just curious, what did you found to be aweful on her take of the role? Her acting, her singing or both?

I just can´t comprehend, I think she has one of the best voices ever. Such a strength, warmth and at the same time ten

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You