News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BariTenor1018

Member Name: BariTenor1018
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Wicked go through alot of Problems before it opened?
 Apr 16 2013, 10:17:42 AM
SJB was originally going to play Elphaba, and did play her in come of the workshops. As to why she was replaced, I have no idea. I'm not sure how much RENT had to do with Idina getting the part, because the 2 shows opened on broadway 10 years apart. I personally prefer SJB's voice to Idina's, and was glad to see that she got a chance to play the part on broadway. The songs truly are written for her. Idina's belting is, at least in my opinion, not as powerful and slightly nasal. Which is in and o
What to sing for a cabaret?
 Apr 9 2013, 10:43:34 PM
When singing in a cabaret/night club type of setting, will the audience usually prefer a slower, more soulful song, or an upbeat rock-opera-esque number? I'm performing in a cabaret at a club near me relatively soon and trying to decide between two songs. Both are well within range and I can do them well, I just can't choose.
Has the Broadway Baritone died?
 Apr 9 2013, 03:10:44 PM
Good! Seems like you have some more sense then current writers. They're stuff is awesome, but they limit themselves to such a small pool of people to fill the roles. It seems like they're setting themselves up to not have a successful show. That's why I think shows like Phantom and Les Mis and Lion King were/are all able to run for such a long time. They feature leading roles for almost all voice parts, which doesn't limit them as far as getting new casts goes.
Has the Broadway Baritone died?
 Apr 9 2013, 10:40:52 AM
I've been keeping up with the modern theater happenings for the past couple years, and it seems that with each new show, belting girls and high voiced men can add more and more to their lists of "dream roles", but what of the baritone? It seems that most men can't claw their way into broadway without being able to hold their own in the range above middle C. Just for reference, what are some roles for baritone on broadway, either new or old? Not songs particularly, just roles in general.

Randi Graff not nominated for fantine,but Anne wins?
 Apr 9 2013, 10:29:01 AM
Unless I"m mistaken, they were nominated (or not nominated) for two different awards. In Les Mis, none of the female roles can really be considered "lead" roles. None of them really carry many elements of the story on their back. In the sense of the movie, Fantine's character was much more prevalent in driving the plot of the beginning, much more than Cosette or 'Ponine or Madame T do in their respective parts of the story. I don't think the fact that Randi was not nominated had anything to do w
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You