News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hermisicoso

hermisicoso Profile Photo
Member Name: hermisicoso
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

All the Way duration  May 28 2014, 07:08:23 AM
Superior in length (insert Jon Hamm joke here...)

But seriously folks...really? It's a showcase for Mr. Cranston, and very long and boring.

CASA VALENTINA is fresh, delicate...finely drawn. Doesn't stumble around like ATW does.

Serious TONY pick: best play.  May 28 2014, 06:56:51 AM
Ok, Mr. Director...tell me why you think so?
Serious TONY pick: best play.  May 27 2014, 05:06:40 PM
And "NO"...I don't work for MTC nor am I Barry Grove's cleaning lady.
Serious TONY pick: best play.  May 27 2014, 05:05:40 PM
Hands down: CASA VALENTINA...out of town visitors this is a must see!
All the Way duration  May 27 2014, 05:02:59 PM
I could read a book for that. This play is a dud...best play should be CASA VALENTINA, it's a no-brainer.
Oprah + Audra 'Night Mother?  May 23 2014, 08:58:06 AM
Do we really need yet ANOTHER production of this dreary, depressing play?

Let's go back to the NY Times review of the 2004 production, and I quote..."the uneasy realization that Ms. Norman's Pulitzer Prize-winning drama, which opened in revival last night under the direction of Michael Mayer, is looking more artificial than it did two decades ago." I have a feeling Oprah would angle the whole thing toward a Super Soul Sunday rendition of a very dated work, barring commercials in betwee

Curious Incident Cast Announced!  May 22 2014, 08:20:24 AM

They definitely cast actors the director was comfortable with. I went through the audition process...and let's just put it this way, they were very transparent if you didn't fit what they were looking for. Not harsh, though. But look at who they cast, people who would agree to a 1 year production contract and not names or stars to common theatre folk but known actors from their casting "lists" who they have all worked with before. I have never worked with them before nor was I what they wer

Curious Incident Cast Announced!  May 21 2014, 04:03:21 PM
No...they are doing a service to NY based actor by giving him the part. C'mon...
Cabaret - discount tix?  May 19 2014, 04:25:45 PM
Would anyone happen to have any suggestions on getting discount tix for Cabaret? They aren't on TDF and I am not eligible for HipTix...thanks so much!
Shaiman's article  May 27 2013, 11:35:53 AM
I was hoping to see Dev standing outside Table 46, peering in from the street, tears in his eyes, wondering "what if I had never..."

Then a car comes out of nowhere and wipes him out. NY plates on the car: "AMLives"

Shaiman's article  May 27 2013, 09:47:06 AM
Imitation of Life - I believe it was Jeanine Tesori & Tony Kushner
SMASH  Apr 14 2013, 02:51:21 PM
My vote is to put her in a sitcom, Hilty is great at that stuff. McPhee is too bland, she's gotta kick it up a notch. A movie career would be best for her, that is, if the movies want her.
SMASH  Apr 14 2013, 01:28:47 PM
******* SPOILER Discussion *******
My prediction:
Vargas dies / Hilty gets pregnant.

******* End Spoiler *******

Mind you, I agree with most on here, they really went the wrong way with this show. I would have preferred something grounded in a bit more reality. Spielberg said the series was "to be an absolutely authentic depiction of an arcane world".....oh well, they went in the totally wrong direction.

SMASH  Apr 14 2013, 12:54:14 PM
************SPOILER DISCUSSION************
Ok, you have been warned.....

I heard an interview with Jeremy Jordan. Apparently a major character dies by season's end...my guess it will be Krysta Rodriguez (Ana Vargas / The Diva)...especially seeing how last night's episode ended. Jeremy would be the obvious choice but hey, it would be more tragic if it were her, no?

Discussion welcomed.

SMASH  Apr 14 2013, 12:48:04 PM
I am not sure what the spoilers policy is here...just don't want to offend.
SMASH  Apr 14 2013, 12:44:48 PM
I "heard" one of the characters will die by season's end...is that something we can discuss here?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You