News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emmessann

Member Name: emmessann
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Big Fish Chicago previews
 May 3 2013, 10:50:22 PM
***Spoilers***

(I can only compare the second week of performance to last week, but the show didn't show much momentum for change in that time.)

Showdown is still in Act 2 and completely unchanged. It absolutely needs to go. I suspect they can't bear to drop something that big, but it's a massive production that should be a more intimate, searing moment (perhaps more like "This River Between Us.")

My other pick for "please, please cut" is everything to do with the camp

Apr 18 2013, 09:52:16 PM
SPOILERS...

As far as I can tell, the play and the movie are the same: there is no ugly truth. I haven't read the book, but according to Wikipedia, in the book, there is.

From a storyteller's perspective, I think the ugly truth is necessary for a balanced story. The show skips over it because it would be very hard to deal with and keep the dad likable, but that's a cheat. "He told beautiful lies, and then I learned there was an ugly truth behind them and I had to deal with tha

Apr 14 2013, 09:58:54 PM
I saw it last week and liked it more than not. The choreo was flat but the work with the projections was lovely and served the story well.

I agree that a core problem is that the son is unsympathetic. The son wants the bare truth and the dad tells beautiful lies; the lies are a lot more interesting and have more heart.

My biggest problem that left me a little hollow was the second act. I believe this is from the movie version but not the book's. Without giving it all away, the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You