News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LarryK2

Member Name: LarryK2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Tony Trivia: Tony Award winners or nominees for non-singing or very lit
 Jan 26 2021, 08:54:31 AM

Patsy Kelly won for "No No Nanette" and I believe her role as Pauline the maid had no songs.

Unpopular theatre opinions
 Jun 18 2020, 09:12:25 AM

I think Rent was the most overrated show of its generation. Some of the music was very good but the story line was a total hack job. In addition it was triumphed as being  "realistic" and "true to life." I actually lived in the east village during the times depicted in Rent (around the corner from Life Cafe) as an artist creating theater and none of the characters were realistic to the folks who actually lived during those times. It seemed as though Larson tried to dr

Sam Mendes Gypsy (2003)
 May 19 2020, 09:52:40 AM

Having seen Angela Lansbury's Rose in 1974, Tyne Daly's in 1989, Bernadette's in 2003, Patti's in 2008 and Imelda Staunton on line recently,  in my opinion, Bernadette was the absolute best. Her "iron fist in a velvet glove" interpretation seemed to me to be the most believable. She was sexy and understated and I could easily see how Herbie could hang on with this Rose for so many years. And according to June Havoc, who was alive at the time, Bernadette was most

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You