News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Talulah

Member Name: Talulah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SMASH
 May 11 2013, 05:36:04 PM
http://annoyingactorfriend.com/thank-you-smash/

I hope all you broadway types are happy. You beat this show and one particular actress to death with a stick. No wonder it was cancelled. Jobs have been lost and though the writing was dreadful,the entertainment value of Television has been reduced to zero for me. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Byeeeeeee

SMASH
 May 2 2013, 01:28:54 AM
I didn't realize this thread consists exclusively of Hilty fans. I think it would be more aptly titled The We Hate Katharine McPhee thread. I will quietly back out the same way I came in.

I would thank you for your gracious welcome but you would surely know it was expressed with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Pardon my dust.

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 08:02:04 PM
Oh boy, there are those who want to turn everything into an argument....

If you don't add the qualiiers, I think, I say, I believe etc, you are attempting to make a statement of facts without evidence. Saying something does not make it necessarily so.

If I say, 'you are ugly', I am attempting to declare it so. You may be beautiful to most folks so just my saying you are ugly does not make it so.

I.e. When someone says Hilty is better, it does not make it so.

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 06:22:40 PM
Wrong (declarative). If I had said, 'they are both equal' it would be declarative. However, I said, "I say that they are both equal". That is an opinion, not a declaration.

Musical training? Take piano, violin, guitar lessons...whatever. You will learn scales, notes, chords. If your ear isn't tin, you will develop an ear for what a note should sound like and when a singer is sharp or flat on a note. If you are really good, you will even develop an ear for the degree of sharpness

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 04:48:06 PM
The only declarative statement I made was that the world despises Jimmy and in this instance I believe we have prima faci evidence to support my declaration.

I love it when people drag in the be-all-end-all word 'critics' to support their argument that Hilty is better. For all I know, these so-called critics could just be some hungover, bathrobe wearing drones plunking the keyboard of their laptops in their grandmosthers' basements. I am a trained musician so my opinion is worth as

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 03:58:56 PM
"And it's not because I'm a 'Broadway snob,' I just like her voice better."

And to this I say, to each, his own. I respect your opinion. What bothers me are the declarative statements made as to which of the two is the better singer. I believe it is matter of taste. period. I say they are both equal in their abilities. My problem with Hilty is, per my ears, her voice has a slightly irritating edge to it and she is a bit too Ethel Merman loudish for my taste. However all was forgiven

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 03:07:02 PM
No, we all don't know Hilty is a better singer. I have seen them both perform live and I call it a draw.

As to overcoming the bad writing, Katharine McPhee has had some minor parts on TV and a movie or two. Musical theater is also part of her resume. I thought she was quite good last year when the writing was definitively better for an unsophisticated Iowa corn girl.

This year, she has been given mostly brain-dead one-liners to deliver. This year's writers are clueless whe

SMASH
 May 1 2013, 02:45:25 PM
Yes, but he is not dead yet
He can dance and he can sing
However,if that car really whacked him
we can say...

Well now he's dead
You whacked him on the head
Sure, now he's dead
It makes me just see red
You are such a brute
To murder that old coot
You homicidal bastard, now he's really dead
Who is the knave who put him in his grave
And who needs to manage his anger?

we know the answer to that one, don't we?

SMASH
 Apr 30 2013, 09:41:19 PM
Soooo it is your 'unbiased' opinion that McPhee can't act? lol

And the character Ivy isn't a coniving slut because she is played by a Broadway lady? Excuse me? Ivy slept with Dev when she found out who he was and then told Karen what they did so that Karen would fall apart (which she did)so Ivy would get to play Marilyn by default. Didn't anyone notice how gleefully Ivy skipped across the stage when Karen went missing? Didn't Ivy set it up so that Karen wouldn't be in rehearsal for

SMASH
 Apr 30 2013, 08:44:33 PM
Actually, I stole the 'can't type it line' from twitter.

Are you guys Broadway snobs or something? Hilty isn't playing a coniving slut because she comes from Broadway? McPhee's performance is bad, not because the writing stinks but that she can't act? Or is it because she doesn't have the appropriate Broadway roots? Let's be honest here. I'll bet Broadway types just hate interlopers even if it just a character on a TV show about Broadway.

SMASH
 Apr 30 2013, 07:18:45 PM
Smash was better last year. The overall writing was better but Katharine McPhee's character was not blessed with great lines to read last year either. I assumed the writers thought that anyone from Iowa was not only not sophisticated but a simpleton as well. However, it was never,ever as bad as this year. Her lines read as though they would be delivered by an eight year old.

Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it.

I do

SMASH
 Apr 30 2013, 05:54:55 PM
All these alleged fans posting 93 pages of mostly bashing. Cynics! Oh, and get off McFee's bones too. How well could you act out the lines that girl is given by the world's worst dialogue writers? 'I want to be with you...for a long time' How utterly Romeo and Juliet can you get!

It seems to me that McFee is bored silly with the lines she was given to say. I know how bored I am listening to them. Fire the writers and bring us a good 3rd season!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You