News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SakeDad

SakeDad Profile Photo
Member Name: SakeDad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ALL ABOUT ME to close Apr 4  Mar 30 2010, 07:12:56 PM
Sorry, I actually did look for a post on this but didn't see any a few pages in so thought there wasn't one. Thanks
ALL ABOUT ME to close Apr 4  Mar 30 2010, 06:57:27 PM
ALL ABOUT ME has posted it's closing notice.
For Florence Henderson Fans (no one else should read this!)  Feb 9 2010, 01:34:46 AM
I would love to see her, Betty White and Cloris Leachman in a vehicle. All bawdy, very funny, ladies when given the chance.
re: Xanadu Tour  Dec 28 2009, 05:14:03 AM
Bettyboy72.....so glad to see your so f*ing eager to give away Equity jobs! It's playing a 3,000 seat theatre for God's sake! WICKED didn't even sell out there! The audiences at OCPAC have loved it, the reviews were great and I know of several people that have seen it multiple times at OCPAC. It will be missed when it leaves. Meanwhile please go back to your 75 seat Off-Bway houses so you always have a full house. Happy New Year.
re: David Hasselhoff in hospital  Nov 28 2009, 04:59:42 PM
And local liquor stores take a financial hit!
re: New National Tour of 'Xanadu'!!!Happy, Happy, Joy,Joy!  Nov 28 2009, 12:17:51 PM
BTW, the Playbill dates are wrong for Costa Mesa. It plays 12/15-27 with no previews.
re: LIZA'S AT THE PALACE --> Interview  Nov 26 2009, 09:05:36 PM
DAME,
Thanks...we were also at the Gypsy show and can't wait to see the show on DVD (hope we made it in it as we were in the 2nd row!) We were so impressed how far the show and Liza herself had come since seeing the (basically) same show earlier at Primm when she was not quit up to snuff. The night we saw it at MGM we were absolutely blown away by her and the rest of the company.
As for the interview we saw that as well and were very disappointed Roker decided to press endlessly about M

Missed Ragtime :(  Nov 26 2009, 08:53:22 PM
What the HELL were the DREAMGIRLS people thinking??? Putting the girls in the MIDDLE of a busy street with cars literally swerving around them, people pushing trash cans down the sidewalk by them and pedestrians looking at the marquee like "Oh, that must be them"??? REALLY??? Why not do this onstage if you can't get them in the parade? This looked awful and extremely unprofessional. I'd be curious to know if it was the parade folks or the actual show creatives that made this horrendous choice.
re: Tony Roberts Takes Ill During ROYAL FAMILY Matinee; Performance Cancell  Oct 5 2009, 02:00:26 PM
This is on the other Theatre Chat board:
We heard from Tony Roberts' daughter Nicole: "Please spread the words that he is FINE!! It was NOT a stroke and he will likely be back in the show next week. Thanks for reaching out."

Great news, indeed!

re: XANADU Tour Route  Oct 2 2009, 05:47:09 PM
Threetwoone, I'm sure once they actually start selling tickets they'll have the info.
Tourboi, Playhouse Sq is selling those tickets, not TicketMaster. TM actually directs you to Playhouse Sq website for all tickets.

re: Liza is fab in Vegas!  Oct 2 2009, 03:49:10 PM
She did "What Makes a Man a Man" last night and there were tears in the audience she was so good!
re: XANADU Tour Route  Oct 2 2009, 03:03:33 PM
No Phyllis. It's just much easier to control the onstage information when in a different theatre every week with potentially different ushers sitting every show. In Chicago the house staff was the same for all shows and it was very easy to control. Even then there were several serious issues with Chicago on-stage patrons regardless of the information they received from TicketMaster! So it has nothing to do with thinking someone is stupid, as you assert.
re: Liza is fab in Vegas!  Oct 2 2009, 02:58:25 PM
Dame, interesting comment about Cher. I saw here twice this week. Once Saturday night where she had a fantastic audience that didn't sit down for 90% of the show and then again on Tuesday (possibly you were there) when the audience NEVER stood until the very end of the show and was noticably a lower energy audience. Therefore they got a lower energy performance. That may have been what you saw. But there is still absolutely no comparison to Liza...she could have lit the entire Strip with her ene
re: Tour contracts?  Oct 2 2009, 07:37:17 AM

re: XANADU Tour Route  Oct 2 2009, 07:25:41 AM
FYI - On the tour you will NOT be able to buy onstage seats through Ticketmaster....you can only get them through each venues box office. It avoids confusion by those that don't know what "onstage seats" are.
re: Liza is fab in Vegas!  Oct 2 2009, 07:20:12 AM
I was there tonight for her FINAL performance of LIZA AT THE PALACE and it was very emotional for everyone on and off the stage. It was an invitation only audience of friends and show folk from the Las Vegas shows. I won't get into a full review as it's late and I'm spent! But she put on a 2 1/2 hour show that would knock the socks off ANYONE! We saw her do this show when she was just putting it together before NY when she did it at Primm. While it was great to see her then she showed signs of a
re: Liza is fab in Vegas!  Oct 1 2009, 04:54:33 PM
I'll be at the Gypsy show tonight and they are supposed to be filming it as well. I'm sure she'll get a HUGE response from tonight's audience. Also, it's the LAST time they are doing LIZA AT THE PALACE before she heads to Australia to do a tour so I'm sure it will be quite emotional for all concerned.
re: Tour contracts?  Sep 30 2009, 07:08:26 AM

Faith Prince is Jane's mother on DROP DEAD DIVA  Sep 28 2009, 05:24:25 AM
Faith is amazing as Jane's mom on Drop Dead Diva tonight (Lifetime) It's a great show with lots of Broadway actors. (Liza & Delta Burke were on as sister last week) Make sure you cath it and support it!
re: The stage door management at A STEADY RAIN is absolutely HORRENDOUS  Sep 25 2009, 03:57:12 PM
"Like I said, if they just wanted to get in and out then they could have just snuck out a back door."

Do you not understand that the Stage Door IS the back door? In many theatres it's the ONLY way in or out except through the front of house. And I have to agree that purchasing a ticket on the aisle and all the planning doesn't entitle you to meet the stars and get autographs. Those are simply lucky benefits and not entitlements. Maybe the guy at the barricades has been yelled at one too

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You