News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eppsdaman

Member Name: eppsdaman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Why in heaven's name didn't Little Women do better?!
 Dec 27 2006, 07:02:28 PM
I saw the tour about a year ago as well, and I think the only saving grace was the cast. There are a couple pretty things (Astonishing, Days of Plenty), but there is also a lot of derivative, unmemorable things. I think it will probably do well in regional theaters, because of the novel and the fact that it is pretty accessible material. However, the period that it is set in may be expensive for a lot of community theaters, so who knows what could happen?
re: Chat?
 Dec 6 2006, 09:08:15 PM
Bump
re: Canadian Sunset Boulevard
 Nov 19 2006, 01:46:25 AM
I actually saw the show twice in Toronto. The first time was with Marilyn Caskey, Diahann's understudy (who I believe is still in Phantom on Broadway as Madame Giry, right?), and the second time with Diahann right before the show closed and moved to Vancouver. The recording really doesn't do the show justice at all, especially with Rex Smith. It's been 11 years since I saw him play Joe Gillis, but it was one of the most dynamic performances I've ever seen. He completely inhabited the charac
re: The Pirate Queen/ Wicked in Chicago this weekend
 Nov 14 2006, 11:07:22 PM
I know this isn't much more reliable than Wikipedia, but someone over on Witchesofoz.com posted a note (supposedly from Dee) saying that she will be taking over, so who knows.
The Pirate Queen/ Wicked in Chicago this weekend
 Nov 12 2006, 04:57:45 PM
The reviews and general word of mouth made me not too excited about the Pirate Queen, but I have to say that I thought it was one of the best shows I have seen in a while. Stephanie J. Block gives a powerhouse performance, as does the rest of the cast. I can see where the show needs a little work, particularly the character of Donal (played by Marcus Chait), needs more development and a better song. But all in all, I really enjoyed it. If anyone has specific questions, I'm more than happy to a
re: Understudies
 Aug 16 2006, 11:29:21 AM
I just saw Dee Roscioli as Elphaba in Chicago... she was AMAZING, and the crowd loved her.

I also saw Marilyn Caskey during Diahann Carroll's vacation from the Toronto production of Sunset Boulevard, and she was light years better than Diahann ended up being when I finally saw her. I wrote Marilyn a letter after I saw her, and she sent me a beautiful response, with a copy of her understudy slip signed in silver marker... one of my most prized posessions
re: sarah's political monolougs from spelling bee
 Aug 15 2006, 09:58:35 AM
I just saw the show in Chicago on Saturday (Christine, who plays Logainne, is one of my best high school friends, and was my prom date), and she did something about Mel Gibson, but I don't exactly remember what. I talked to her afterwards, and she says that her, Sarah, and the San Francisco actress all trade material through e-mail, and she admitted that the best stuff always comes from Sarah (not too surprising since she's been in that role throughout the show's development). She also said th
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You