News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for yinyang1195

Member Name: yinyang1195
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CLUELESS THE MUSICAL  Dec 29 2018, 09:09:46 PM

She was out yesterday (tweeted that she was in the emergency room, hope she's doing okay!), but Katie was as fantastic as everyone said she was. Really stole the show, great energy, and embodied young Alicia Silverstone PERFECTLY.

There were some pissed parents/teens/kids and people sending Dove hate tweets, which is all completely uncalled for. As well as moms being rude to ushers. Aside from that, the show was cute and fun and I'd definitely go see it again to see Dove if it

'Crazy Rich Asians' as a musical?  Oct 1 2018, 12:33:54 AM

Ruthie Ann Miles as Rachel (I literally thought this the whole time watching the movie)
Ethan Le Phong as Nick
Lea Salonga as Eleanor
Rachelle Ann Go as Astrid
Kimiko Glenn as Goh Peik

Also would love to see Ashley Park and Philippa Soo in there somewhere

Love, Simon as a Musical  Jul 15 2018, 09:52:22 PM

I literally thought while watching the movie (for the third time) that it could be an excellent musical, with the right writers/composers.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Act 1 Finale- Simon getting outed

Jennifer Garner's (amazing) monologue would obviously be a solo number for the mom.

Josh Duhamel's character apologizing to Sim

Waitress Rush Tickets  Jun 30 2018, 03:31:38 PM

natebam2 said: "Planning on rushing Thursday, July 5 when Katherine returns. How have rush lines been recently?"

I rushed with Katharine earlier this month and when we got there around 7am there was no line at all. The sidewalk cleaners asked if we would step aside for a bit so we walked around for an hour and when we got back at 8, there were only four people ahead of us.

Beyonce on Broadway?  Jun 30 2018, 03:28:57 PM

Realistically, I could only see her doing a one-woman residency-type situation (like Springsteen or Chenoweth), but I would love to see her play

Angelica in Hamilton
The Witch in Into the Woods
Glinda in The Wiz (I know NBC offered her the role)
Shug Avery in The Color Purple
Grace Ferrell in Annie
Rachel Madden in The Bodyguard

Im not completely sold on these but I could also potentially see:
The Fairy Godmother in Cinderella
The Lady of

Fox's next show - A Christmas Story  Oct 11 2017, 11:21:57 PM

smallvillefan16 said: "Did they wait this late to announce the cast for other live musicals?"

I know Hairspray already had a trailer by August and then Seaweed and Inez were announced shortly after (and then added into any new promos afterwards) and the cast performed for the Thanksgiving Parade.

If I remember correctly, I think Grease had its first trailer out around October or November? But it was also aired end of January.

Why don't people like Ariana Grande  Apr 21 2017, 10:14:51 AM

I am a fan of her music in general and I do think she has the potential to be great on Broadway. She's been doing community theatre since she was eight and she and Liz Gillies definitely stood out more than Victoria Justice did in Victorious. I will say that her acting in early-Victorious was much better than later seasons/Sam and Cat where it just started to feel like an exaggeration. She barely had any lines in the Scream Queens pilot, but she was hilarious in the episode wher

Dreamgirls Broadway Revival Dream Casting  Nov 28 2016, 05:00:31 PM

Effie- Amber Riley, Danielle Brooks

Deena- Brandy, Patina Miller

Lorell- Nikki James, Keke Palmer

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Oct 31 2016, 12:39:33 AM

Not nearly as familiar-to-everyone of a show as Sound of Music, Peter Pan, The Wiz, Grease, Rocky Horror, or Hairspray, but probably brilliant in terms of casting. Between Jennifer Lopez as Rosie, along with the perfect opportunities to cast a young starlet as Kim and a modern teen heartthrob as Conrad (unless those are the characters they'll be taking the Dorothy/Tracy-route with and have open auditions).

Unreleased cast recordings  Oct 17 2016, 12:51:46 AM

I was told by Patrick Page at the stage door last October that Spring Awakening had just finished a cast recording set to be released in January. Never heard anything about it since.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Oct 13 2016, 07:52:11 PM
I realized that we have the full cast and ensemble, but never got any actresses for the Matron. I'm really hoping they don't cut The Big Dollhouse like they did in the movie. I would imagine if (hopefully) it wasn't cut:

1. The Matron will be played by one of the women in the ensemble.

2. Andrea Martin or, more likely, Rosie O'Donnell will take on the role.

3. The article that was shared earlier today stated: "Meron also shared with BroadwayWorld that there is a 'stron

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 19 2016, 01:02:38 AM

Littleshopofcarrie said: "Perfect casting! So excited for this!

This also takes away the idea of Winokur playing Prudy... Wonder who she's playing now (if she is attached)

"

Hopefully the Matron! If not then maybe just a cameo.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 15 2016, 04:23:53 PM

http://www.etonline.com/news/195651_marissa_janet_winkour_on_a_possible_hairspray_live_cameo_i_just_want_to_be_a_part_of_it/

Thoughts? Not gonna lie I honestly think she'd be a fantastic Prudy.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 15 2016, 04:20:58 PM

Point taken. Just trying to reach for the stars because you never know what they'll end up doing.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 15 2016, 04:13:13 PM

Liza's Headband said: "Uhh... Zendaya is getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for feature film appearances. Raven is making millions a year to appear on The View. That ain't happening. Ever. 

"

You're absolutely right, but I was trying to name actresses who would both be a stretch or would be more realistic (the more "Broadway" women I named, like Warren, Ghebremichael, James). I just figured I'd drop

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Aug 11 2016, 02:39:18 PM

Diva_Dom said: "Any predictions for the Dynamites? 

"

Zendaya, Keke Palmer, Raven-Symone if they wanna go with "names"

If not, then Adrienne Warren, Nikki James, Asmeret Ghebremichael, Shanice Williams, DeQuina Moore

Celie Replacements  Jul 17 2016, 11:06:32 PM

It's a stretch but I'd kill to see Uzo Aduba play Celie

Chicago HAMILTON cast announced  Jul 14 2016, 02:49:49 PM

Liza's Headband said: "Asfar, who is playing Elizabeth, is Indian. 

"

She's actually Bengali

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You