News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for somethingbypuccini 2

somethingbypuccini 2 Profile Photo
Member Name: somethingbypuccini 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

She is in her 60's and she does this  Jan 22 2015, 02:04:43 AM
I don't mean to be rude but I don't see how you can see this and not separate the sentiment with the talent of the performance. The entire song is a testament to an older person not being hindered by their age, and Martin's performance on the trapeze is exactly that.
It isn't just a talented acrobat performing tricks in the middle of a song, it is a woman many people in our culture would consider past her prime performing incredible tricks.
I think it more than fits the song's message.

Laura Osnes, Santino Fontana, Andrew Keenan-Bolger & More Set to Lead Transport Group's THE MUSIC MAN Concert  Jul 10 2014, 11:57:54 AM
I was wondering about casting too. Is this a concert production of The Music Man a la Encores, or will this be more like The Transport Group's Baby Concert, where different performers all sang different songs?
Encores 2015: Lady Be Good, Paint Your Wagon, Zorba  Jun 13 2014, 03:33:28 PM
Sad that rumors of Do I Hear a Waltz? aren't true, but Paint Your Wagon is a pretty exciting alternative.
Beautiful Workshop  Jun 11 2014, 01:22:45 PM
Ahh, that would make sense. I always thought she was a strange choice for the role.
Beautiful Workshop  Jun 10 2014, 11:44:35 PM
I have heard that Debbie Shapiro Gravitte was involved as Caole at some point, though I don't know how reliable my source is.
Seesaw and The Rink  Apr 11 2014, 07:49:15 PM
Wow those pictures are stunning. I've always wondered what the big transformation was, and that completely exceeds my expectations.
Did Anyone Here Attend MISCAST?  Apr 1 2014, 11:06:25 AM
Stephen sang You'll Never Walk Alone.
Stephen Spinella in Angels in America  Mar 10 2014, 10:54:12 PM
I really do love the HBO series, and Kirk's Prior does have some really nice moments. But I think he is one of the weakest in the cast, second only to Parker, which is a problem for Angels in America.

I would have loved to see Urie.

Stephen Spinella in Angels in America  Mar 10 2014, 10:43:55 PM
I hated Justin Kirk in the HBO series. He didn't bring any of the "gay-ness" to the role. There just seemed to be so much missing from his performances. All of the camp, all of the glamour, all of the vulnerability was gone.

I'm just curious about his performance in general. What people though worked, what didn't.

Stephen Spinella in Angels in America  Mar 10 2014, 08:44:00 PM
Can anyone who saw Stephen Spinella in Angels in America comment on his performance? I've always been curious.
TITANIC Tonight  Feb 18 2014, 01:12:29 AM
I was there tonight as well and it really was a stunning evening. Hearing that score played on that orchestra and with that large an ensemble was more than I could ask for.
Shall We Chat?  Jan 25 2014, 07:18:28 PM
If anyone is around...
http://tinychat.com/broadwayworld

Emma Thompson to make stage debut as Lovett in the NY Phil's Sweeney Todd  Jan 10 2014, 02:47:32 PM
I still don't have tickets to this and I really don't know what to do. Thompson looks marvelous from what little I've seen, and I really don't want to miss her. But last year, Nathan Gunn's atrocious Billy Bigelow ruined what should have been a pretty perfect production of Carousel for me, and I really don't want that to happen again.
Dream cast for LITTLE ME  Jan 10 2014, 02:36:57 PM
Any chance to see Rachel York is great in my book, but this is a perfect role for her. And the supporting cast is across the board excellent. Judy Kaye can do no wrong.
Paper Mill Playhouse’s OLIVER!  Dec 30 2013, 11:21:21 PM
I didn't love the show. I thought the sets and costumes were lovely, and I really loved the cast, but I thought it was very low stakes dramatically. I've never seen a production of the show before, so it might just be the show, but I wasn't to impressed. It didn't seem to build at all. It was well acted and sang, it just seemed very...casual.
Machinal  Dec 21 2013, 12:29:15 AM
No it was definitely the crew. You could also clearly see them moving set pieces on and off during the scenes. It was very distracting.
Machinal  Dec 20 2013, 10:24:55 PM
I was pretty unimpressed. The design was interesting, and the supporting cast were all decent. Rebecca was very very bland. She had a few nice moments, but for the rest of the performance she found a way to simultaneously over act and still be forgettable. Her best scene was "Intimate" with Morgan Spector. That was the only time the production really worked for me. Spector was wonderful and so very sexy. Michael Cumpsty was also great. But it was pretty much what I've come to expect from
Machinal  Dec 20 2013, 11:56:47 AM
I'll be there tonight as well.
Worst Production Values  Dec 11 2013, 01:11:00 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Baby It's You yet.
Lane, Mullally, Wilson, and Boggess to lead GUYS & DOLLS concert  Nov 7 2013, 01:26:42 PM
Wow this sold fast. I managed to get two pretty good seats, and with a cast this star studded I'm not surprised tickets went so fast.
Really looking forward to this, I was hoping rumors of Wilson as Sky turned out to be true.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You