News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jackieoh

jackieoh Profile Photo
Member Name: jackieoh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Today's Performances that Will Become Iconic  Sep 6 2013, 09:00:15 PM
I agree that Alice Ripley is already iconic. I was walking through Shubert Alley over the weekend and heard three separate groups of people discussing her performance. Despite her vocal issues she is synonymous with greatness and we are already reminiscing about it.
Craig Bierko & Jill Paice in MATILDA  Sep 6 2013, 08:55:21 PM
I'm looking forward to see Jill Paice. I thought Lauren Ward was delivering an incredibly heart-breaking and profound performance as Miss Honey, all while maintaining the subtlety of her character. Her last show left quite an impression on me.

I'm going to let Paice and Bierko settle into the show before I see it.

Alice Ripley - Ripley Reflects at 54 Below Last Night  Aug 4 2013, 09:44:46 PM
Thanks! I love when she sings from TOMMY. Especially Pinball Wizard!

I haven't been to one of her solo sets in quite some time but I still vividly remember her concerts at BACKSTAGE Dopo Teatro back in the summer of 2010. I went to all of them - she puts on quite a show. I'm glad to see she's been booking them quite regularly these days. I'll definitely try to catch the next one.

Alice Ripley - Ripley Reflects at 54 Below Last Night  Aug 4 2013, 08:38:13 PM
I had lots of friends there but didn't get to go Can you post a set list?
Favorite/least favorite Broadway Theater  Aug 3 2013, 10:55:21 PM
Favorite: Booth
Least Favorite: John Golden

Raven-Symone Comes Out  Aug 2 2013, 10:01:38 PM
She never admitted it before, it was only a rumor. But I guess it was true. Yay Raven!
Andrea Martin out all of August  Aug 1 2013, 11:20:38 PM
You are not entitled to a meeting with a Tony-winning actress right after her physically grueling performance, especially at her age. Some people take the stage-dooring fad a little too far. She deserves respect.
NYC October Trip  Aug 1 2013, 10:39:50 PM
MATILDA
Characters played by the opposite sex  Aug 1 2013, 10:11:32 PM
The regional theatre I perform at had a man in drag play Fastrada in Pippin and it was INCREDIBLE.
Cases where the Film was better than the Musical.  Aug 1 2013, 12:19:44 AM
Les Mis is a tough one for me. I think the stage show is brilliant. I've seen it so many times and I've even performed in productions of it and I am constantly blown away by how powerful it can be provided that the cast can deliver. However, the film was like a punch in the gut. It was raw. Visiting the material in that medium was a transcendent experience and Hathaway and Jackman gave screen performances of a lifetime. I won't necessarily say that the film is better, but I would say that it is
Missing a show  Aug 1 2013, 12:03:26 AM
Next to Normal is my most cherished theatre experience and I haven't listened to the CR since the tour closed in July 2011 (two years ago today, actually). I can't listen to it anymore. Seeing the show felt like a very personal, intimate experience and I'm transported right back to that vulnerable spot every time I hear it. I miss it so much.

What is  Jul 31 2013, 10:01:57 PM
JNB, I was sure that was what this thread was going to be about when I opened it. They announced today that they're closing stores all over New England.
Officially Licensed Bombshell Merch available...  Jul 31 2013, 09:46:17 PM
I have the BOMBSHELL CD that they released and my favorite tracks are "They Just Keep Moving The Line" and "Our Little Secret". I loved the JFK scene.
Pitch Perfect on Broadway?  Jul 29 2013, 02:02:14 AM
Just because a film focuses on musical performance does not mean that it is fit for a Broadway stage.
What's the musical that you have the biggest personal connection to?  Jul 26 2013, 08:05:24 PM
LES MISERABLES - It was the first show that my father introduced me to when I was around 5 years old. I would bring my walkman and my two-disc set with me to kindergarten and listen on the bus and during recesses.

NEXT TO NORMAL - Complete catharsis at a time when I needed it most. I saw it A LOT, traveling around to different cities after it closed on Broadway... I don't need it like I used to, but I owe it so much and will always hold it very close to my heart.

HAIR - Every t

Can you get playbills form the box office?  Jul 26 2013, 07:57:08 PM
When my friend and I saw next to normal with the OBC, he dropped his playbill in a puddle and we stopped by the next day to see if they'd replace it. This was around the time that Alice Ripley was pre-signing playbills so she didn't have to stage door, and so they replaced his playbill with one signed by Ms. Ripley.
Performances That Should Have Won A Tony  Jul 25 2013, 09:31:36 PM
Marin Mazzie - Passion & Ragtime
Amy Morton - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Carrie Coon - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Alice Ripley/Emily Skinner - Side Show
Jan Maxwell - Follies
Danny Burstein - Follies

Songs you can ever hear anyone else sing.... except the original performer!  Jul 24 2013, 10:58:34 PM
"Back to Before" - Marin Mazzie
"You Have To Be There" - Alice Ripley (during her wonder years, the raw emotion in her voice is unmatched by any of her predecessors/successors.)
"Cabaret" - Liza Minnelli

(This one is not musical theatre related but I CANNOT listen to anyone but Joni Mitchell sing A Case Of You, no matter how much I like them. The romantic naturalism Joni embraces vocally is transcendent and every other version pales in comparison.)

Who would you like to  Jul 23 2013, 11:00:53 PM
I would love to "stage door" Jane Lynch. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling up to it on the night that I saw Annie.
Best Performance You've Seen?  Jul 23 2013, 10:39:35 PM
Oops, I forgot to mention the tremendous Tracy Letts and Amy Morton of the WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? revival. What a team. They broke my heart.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You