News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PixelJD

PixelJD Profile Photo
Member Name: PixelJD
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs That Have Moved You To Tears
 Mar 10 2014, 08:22:57 PM
A number of times in "Les Mis", A part that really gets me is in "Drink With Me" when Grantaire starts singing "Can it be, You fear to die?"

I am the one {Reprise} in Next To Normal

I am surprised to see that only one person has mentioned "This Man" from Chaplin; that got me!

And I'm not too sure if this counts because it's not technically in the song, but the dialogue in "Goodbye" from Catch Me If You Can also gets me.

Harry Styles as Fiyero in Wicked movie!
 Mar 7 2014, 01:21:17 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Zac Efron can do it if they want to stunt cast. Sure he may not be relevant as Harry, but even the post mentions Zac...

I also think Adam Lambert would be great too, from the videos I've seen he was great as fiyero and between Idol and Glee, he could probably sell some tickets.

Les Miserables
 Mar 3 2014, 08:38:47 PM
I've noticed the pictures of the proscenium have been really cut off, so if this is worth anything: This is from the new sit-down that was just in Toronto, which im 90% sure uses the same sets.

The extended proscenium was actually used with actors coming in and out of the entrances and opening up/closing the windows

Les Miserables
 Mar 1 2014, 08:18:02 PM
They had the same thing in Toronto, it looked beautiful in real life.

Rocky Previews
 Feb 11 2014, 07:39:09 PM
I guess you could say, they are off to a "Rocky" start
Favorite Final Moment of a Show?
 Jan 25 2014, 09:56:00 PM
Definitely my favorite finale has to be Phantom. I know it's considered to start during "Down once more" but I'm in awe starting at "Point of No return.

I'll always have a soft spot for The Book Of Mormon's ending. It's so happy and energetic and does a great job wrapping up the show.

Although it's not my favorite, the ending to Cabaret {'94 version and the 2012 London version} are both really chilling!

What is your favorite flop?
 Jan 10 2014, 08:17:54 PM
Chaplin and Catch Me If You Can
ALW's The Wizard of Oz broadway
 Jun 30 2013, 09:48:45 PM
In April I performed in the RSC version and watched the Toronto ALW production, I don't want to sound biased but the RSC version triumphed over the ALW production. All of the new songs are nothing special with an exception being "Already Home" which is the big finale in Oz. Charecterization falls flat with the only charecters that are notable being The Scarecrow and The Witch. Dorothy is always just there, the lion is over-campy he seems like he just got out of a middle school fairy tale tourin
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You