News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for operavore

Member Name: operavore
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Musicals
 Jun 27 2014, 09:10:53 PM
I agree with Gaveston's suggestions. I've seen Sunset Blvd. done with a cast of 13 and it worked very, very well.
Lynne Wintersteller is the new Mother Suprior in Sister Act Tour
 Dec 5 2013, 02:16:03 PM
Ditto- she's spectacular. I saw her play Margaret in a production of The Light in the Piazza and was blown away.
Godspell Tour?
 Nov 29 2013, 11:34:10 PM
It's not a first national tour. It has absolutely zero connection to the recent revival.
Godspell Tour?
 Nov 4 2013, 02:33:50 AM
Oh wait it's a tour of a Drayton production? Hrmm.
Sally Struthers Will Lead 50th Anniversary National Tour of Hello, Dolly!
 Oct 30 2013, 01:33:37 AM
There's a montage up now.
Aladdin cast
 Aug 29 2013, 03:49:15 PM
You'd think that Mirvish and Disney would like y'know, communicate about that sort of thing. Unless they decided that they wanted to go with that version for the marquee.
Sally Struthers Will Lead 50th Anniversary National Tour of Hello, Dolly!
 Aug 20 2013, 09:58:03 PM
So it looks like this is tour's contract is the lowest SETA tier ($539/wk minimum plus extra when the show recoups). As others have said it looks like a killer schedule. I've seen Lauren Blackman (Irene) before and she's very talented, so I'm inclined to see this tour if it's near me.

Clay Aiken as Joseph
 Aug 15 2013, 12:49:11 AM
There's a video up now.
Sondheim Masterclass -- Who Is This Girl?
 Aug 13 2013, 06:19:38 PM
^ Rebecca Caine was an expat Canadian when she attended Guildhall thirty-something years ago, so it most definitely is possible.
Bird Woman from Mary Poppins
 Aug 8 2013, 02:05:44 PM
Although I don't have an answer, I'd also just like to throw in another configuration from a production that I just saw- the Bird Woman was in the ensemble for the rest of the show while Mrs. Corry played Miss Andrews.
Clay Aiken as Joseph
 Aug 4 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Diva, it was supposed to be a copro with the Fulton Theatre, but the two split up shortly before auditions were held. I don't think the casting of Clay was the reason (that happened well after they made the decision to do the productions on their own).
Joseph and the Amazing White Costumes
 Aug 4 2013, 02:25:19 AM
^^ oh yes, I heard the two theaters had quite the falling out over what was initially going to be a coproduction. Also, Ogunquit posted cast party photos on their facebook and Aiken was nowhere to be found.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You