News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sally Durant Plummer

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Member Name: Sally Durant Plummer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shuffle Along previews
 Jun 2 2024, 02:27:15 PM

Kad, it's incredible that this thread was just a google search away when I hadn't thought of this show in 8 years. And now, after re-reading through 27 pages, it's like I just saw it!

And who can forget when after every first preview we would get Whizzer's take...

Memories of You

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 1 2024, 10:38:25 PM

Jacob, I was just re-reading the Shuffle Along thread (this thread had put it back in my mind) and remembering my experince seeing that first Sunday matinee when it was still 3+ hours. I wish I had seen the first preview - I remmeber what i saw was a mess but a brilliant mess. An unsatisfying theatrical grab brag of genuine brilliance.

And now I'm watching a boot from the late previews (the first time I've revisted the show since 2016)... and goddamn if it isn't on

Jun 1 2024, 10:19:15 PM

binau said: "I have been wondering when to go, and the answer is obviously the first preview. There is no way I'm going to miss out sitting with the gays listening to the overture for the first time!!!!"

Hope to see you there, Binau!

May 30 2024, 04:56:39 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Dynamic pricing has kicked in for just the first preview,"

I assume jumping up due to demand?

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread
 May 30 2024, 03:46:43 PM

gibsons2 said: "But then we have "actors"like Dakota Johnson and I keep wondering who lost all these roles she's been in to her. Someone never got a chance to be discovered because she has a leg up, all thanks to her famous (and talented) parents. We are not angry, just disappointed :)"

Uh... Dakota Johnson has been the best thing about virtually every movie she's been in.

May 30 2024, 03:15:34 PM

Grabbed a ticket for the first preview - $228 for N11. Very very excited - this will be my first time seeing a Broadway show (or even being in New York) since My Fair Lady in 2019. Interesting time to start previews, with Thanksgiving so close. Works great for me cause I'll leave work early, Amtrak up to NYC and stay the night before heading home for the holiday. Hoping the dates don't get delayed!

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 11:50:11 AM

Here's hoping it starts spelling "New Orleans Flavor" next.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 11:38:26 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Al Pacino returning to the stage?"

Excited for the imminent revival of China Doll!

May 28 2024, 11:30:03 PM

That robe did Platt no favors, and his constant grabbing and writhing in it reminded me of Petula Clark in Sunset Boulevard...

Listen, I'm not Platt's biggest fan, but he has a great voice, and he has fantastic range. He can sing legit, as evidenced by the wonderful recording of Parade. But that performance had absolutely no charisma, no character, no story-telling. No, he doesn't need to be embodying the character of Sally Bowles, but these songs

May 28 2024, 10:00:24 PM

What arrangement of "Rainbow" did he use?

It would have been nice to have Rufus Wainwright do his Judy concert for a weekend. Wonder if that was ever floated...

May 28 2024, 09:04:43 PM

That art is beautiful. Very Garland-esque.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 Apr 30 2024, 12:39:26 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Two things are true at the same time:

1. Jonathan Tunick is an incredible orchestrator.

2. Awarding him a Tony in 2024 for Orchestrations he wrote in 1994 is categorically insane.
"

And they sound WORSE than the last few times he re orchestrated this score. I mean, I know it's not Encores!, but still.

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 Apr 26 2024, 07:42:51 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "The show's second half is definitely diminished by the lack of a score. I don't think it's technically unfinished, and the creators have a lot to celebrate, but it shifts from being one of the most thrilling musicals I've seen in yearsto being "just" a good stage adaptation of the movie. The way Sondheim was able to musically embody and expandon the picaresque surreality of Discreet Charm blew me away and the what-if eleme

It’s Patti’s 75th Birthday!
 Apr 23 2024, 09:33:57 AM

Her painfully realistic turn as a self-obsessed mother who rejects her son on Ugly Betty was really impressive. No singing, no second appearance, just cold hard acting and out the door.

One of my favorite episodes of one of my favorite shows. I remember watching a recorded version of this episode again and again as we waited for season 2 to start. I was 10 lol

Patti is... simply no words. Greatest Broadway star of the past 50 years. Evita, Les Miserables, Sunset, Anyth

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 11 2024, 02:35:14 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Here’s footage of the scaled-down 2nd U.S. National Tour led by Petula Clark. I will say this, the lavish reveal of the mansion staircase is quite fabulous.

The video description is just... IJBOL:

"The obscenely bad 2nd US tour with Petula Clark hagging it up as Norma. Rushed and done on the cheap, it was the final attempt to make any money off of
John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 11 2024, 12:00:12 PM

Still astonished that they toured with a pretty faithful recreation of the brilliant set. And with a relative unknown in the lead no less! Linda Balgord was the only Norma I'm aware of who sang "With One Look" without that atrocious key change at the end they added for Close. Even Buckley sang the Close keys :(

Would have been thrilling to see this on tour, but sadly I think the first tour flopped. They toured a second production with Petula Clark, but nothing near as ext

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow
 Apr 11 2024, 11:47:59 AM

Always a blessing to have LuPone on Broadway. Great news!

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway
 Apr 9 2024, 02:15:46 PM

Jordan Catalano said:

"Where is Althea?"

How can you believe that which you disbelieve?

UNCLE VANYA Previews
 Apr 8 2024, 01:39:58 PM

The production of the Nelson version in 2018-ish was great too. I think it was Columbia?

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 6 2024, 04:15:38 PM

Did the London production use the Close keys or the LuPone keys?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You