News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ttocs330

Member Name: ttocs330
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alice Ripley/next to normal in Barcelona
 Jul 9 2022, 09:12:04 AM

I had the pleasure of seeing this on opening night on Wednesday and am still talking about it to everyone.  I saw it 2x on Broadway so I knew this was going to be special and emotional.  

Some spoilers ahead.

You walk in and Alice Ripley is already on the “stage” as you pick your seat.  Definitely get there early as it is general admission.  I got there at 8:00 for the 9:00 show and was third in line.  There wasn’t like a “mad dash” but definitely walk with purpose because there’s two lines- those with physical tickets and those on the will call line (or something like that where they gave their name) so the lines do merge and as soon as you’re in the theater you can walk anywhere and pick your seats.  Some of the boxes are marked “reserved” but they’re actually used by the actors throughout the show. 

It was a little upsetting when some parts were cut.  I knew going into it a lot would be cut to trim it to an hour but man did they cut a lot.  Mostly extra verses, repeats, and a bunch of dialogue.  Most of “A light in the dark” was cut except the last little part and some of the subplots like Natalie’s piano recital.  I did appreciate they kept some of the one-liners but definitely missed some of them (“shouldn’t we turn on a light with the stairs?” And “do they actually exist?&rdquo

The part that absolutely crushed me, and I don’t remember how it was done on Broadway, was when the Dr recommends Diana goes home and cleans out Gabe’s room- she finds Gabe’s baby blanket and just held it and pretended to wrap him and pick him up.  I was balling- it was such an emotional moment.

I thought Alice Ripley was phenomenal.  Her “I miss the Mountains” was near perfection but I loved how fierce she was during “You Don’t Know.”  It just felt so real.  The only vocal change I noticed was going down the octave in “So Anyway.”  I think the biggest star on the rise is Lewis Edgar who plays Gabe.  His chemistry with Alice was great and he was such a highlight and so much fun to watch.  What a voice!  He totally forgot to tie his shoes before “Dreamed a Dance/There’s a World” which made me giggle, though luckily there were no issues with that!

The projections were great.  One thing that stood out was the neurons that got more intense throughout the show- one of those little details that parallels the story that you might miss.  I also like how the projected carpets would spin at times.  It felt like you were on a Disney ride the way the whole room actually felt like it was moving. They use post-it’s as the meat for the sandwiches in the opening number but it makes you wonder- was Diana that stir-crazy that she didn’t even realize she was using paper?  Obviously it’s cheaper than using real meat but it makes you wonder.  Just another level of this musical.  Another highlight of the immersive experience was being surrounded by people and seeing other people across the room crying, laughing, and things like that.  Someone let out a gasp and then went “oh no” when the Dr asks “have you talked of your depression, your delusions and your son?” And it was one of those moments when you realized how sucked in the audience was and how real the whole thing felt. 

I really did not want the show to end.  The whole thing just worked and was a great night out.  If that wasn’t my last night in Barcelona I would have gone back.  It was just so much fun to watch and basically be a part.  I really hope this has a transfer and this isn’t the end because this was one of the best shows I’ve ever experienced.  I just hope it keeps the $35 ticket price if it comes to NY LOL! 

400+ Playbills for sale
 Jul 9 2020, 02:25:59 PM

Update:  All unsigned Playbills have been claimed

400+ Playbills for sale
 Jul 8 2020, 05:12:55 PM

I was cleaning out my childhood home and came across my Playbill collection.  I found about 400.  Some are signed and most are in great condition.  For the not signed ones I tried to include some details in the description like OBC or cast changes, color or B&W cover, etc.  

I put them all into two spreadsheets (signed and unsigned).  

Signed:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SngNxqzqp6CnlZOqcz9puS_k45mUcPoYnFM8LeC-kg8/edit?usp=sharing

Not signed:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zD8gAIuvnkH0nFbAHEQzN_Yu1ns4yqw88BYYmD8-Dc0/edit?usp=sharing

Private message me if you have any questions.  Prices are negotiable (Venmo).  I can take pictures of any of them and I can ship them out ASAP.

Which flight has the better chance of making it to theatre on time
 Jan 10 2019, 08:03:25 AM

Sunday March 17 is also the NYC Half Marathon which blocks off the FDR, 42nd street, and Times Square through Central Park.  It should be over by noon but could have a lasting impact on traffic.  I would say stay off the roads and see if there's a train that can connect you from NJ to NYC.  

https://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2019/united-airlines-nyc-half

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 15 2017, 08:13:11 AM

double post -_-

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 15 2017, 07:53:49 AM

Hey all- I did the line yesterday (Weds 6/14) for the evening performance.  I didn't plan on waiting for tickets- I walked by the theater at 3:30pm and was expecting a huge line and was planning to keep walking.  Surprisingly, there was nobody there!  I asked the guy out front and he said I would be the first but they had 1 ticket they were ready to sell me for $229.  I wasn't looking to spend that since I wanted standing room & had time to waste.  The few

Selling 1 ticket JRB tonight (1/26)
 Jan 26 2015, 11:03:03 AM
Due to the impending snow storm I'm not gonna be able to go to the Jason Robert Brown concert at Subculture tonight.
PM me for more details. I am able to email you the ticket.

Nederlander Partial View Seating
 Nov 30 2014, 09:03:56 AM
Saw the show yesterday via tix4students (all their seats are the last two in the first five rows). Sat in the last seat on the left in the front row & it had its pro's & con's.

It's so far to the side that you can't see any of the upstage backdrops, 80% of the orchestra is cut off (they're on stage. I'd say similar to Chicago but I didn't see 80% of them so it's hard to say). A few angles were tough- set pieces blocking the action, etc.
I mean it was exciting to be so close b

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You