News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wormwood

Wormwood Profile Photo
Member Name: Wormwood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Longevity and Touring Potential for Matilda
 Oct 8 2013, 10:39:54 PM
I found the article I referenced in a post on another thread. This came from the nytimes arts beat blog (June 11, 2013) and has the most detailed inside info on a MATILDA tour I've been able to find anywhere:

While “Matilda” emerged from the bruising Tonys race in solid financial shape on Broadway, its producers have yet to make a final decision about whether to begin a national tour of the show. While most acclaimed musicals spin off touring productions a year after opening on Broadwa

Matilda OBC album vs. OCR album
 Oct 8 2013, 10:29:29 PM
The CD on sale at the theater does not have Sergie's song and the "four girl 'Naughty'" as Milly referred to it on the EW video. The first three Acrobat stories are included as Bonus tracks.
Why did Kinky Boots get all of the awards it did?
 Sep 30 2013, 05:47:08 PM
I'm not going to guess what was in voters' heads when they cast their ballots. I know which show I prefer! I have no idea if touring potential played any role whatsoever in who took home Tony awards.

I cannot find it now, but I did read an article last spring in which a MATILDA producer spoke about the difficulties touring this show. In particular, he brought up the number of children in the cast versus other shows that have toured (specifically ANNIE). The Broadway production of MA

Farewell, Bertie and Lauren!
 Sep 2 2013, 12:36:35 PM
The applause was extra long and loud after Bertie's numbers and Lauren seemed like she was crying during "My House." After the usual curtain call, everyone turned to Bertie and Lauren and there was an enormous ovation. They put their arms around each other. Both of them seemed very moved. Bertie seemed very humble and appreciative, but also a little embarrassed by the reaction. He awkwardly had the cast take another bow before the applause had even started to die down. It was a mess so they
The 4 Matildas
 Aug 22 2013, 11:27:11 PM
I loved Oona so much in this part! She absolutely broke my heart. I agree that she is quite a remarkable actress. She's very thoughtful, as though she's puzzling out everything going on around her. And listening -- which is remarkable for a child performer! And the story's emotional payoffs (particularly in the spoiler scene mentioned above) were huge when I saw her as Matilda.

First post!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You