News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 8787

Member Name: 8787
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DANCIN' To Receive First Broadway Revival  Apr 25 2022, 03:51:07 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Oy! It’s basically a reworked FOSSE. Ugh! DANCIN’ was a fully original work of Bob Fosse. It wasn’t a “greatest hits” of his work. It showcased Bob Fosse’s originality as a choreographer. This revival is truly insulting now if they’re incorporating material from his shows. DANCIN’ was NOT about that. As a Bob Fosse authority, I’m avoiding this at all costs. It would have been great having a full-on recreation

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 08:17:29 PM

BroadwayGirl107 said: "8787 said: "Broadway performer here who almost never comments on these boards but MUST chime in regarding this. To say unvaccinated people “shouldn’t be a part of the equation” is quite possibly one of the most reckless and ignorant things you could say. I have a baby at home who CANT be vaxxed because they are too young. The “equation” is much bigger than us doing a show for you. Many of us have families that we come home

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 08:00:41 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Broadway performer here who almost never comments on these boards but MUST chime in =
And to add another note regarding people staying home if they are sick….that can’t be relied upon. The Broadway industry is notorious for pushing people to perform while sick and injured. We as performers are conditioned to push through almost EVERY illness and injury in the book so to think that someone who is sick can be relied upon to call out is also ignorant. Testing and confirming cases is the only way to force people who are ill to stay out of the building.
I want to work. I have bills to pay. I love my job. But this is not just about the health of the people in the building, it’s also about the families we come home to.

What a beautiful post. I am so very sorry that two awful posters are attacking unvaccinated people. There are people who simply cannot be vaccinated like you stated. You all have been through hell, your industry decimated and now you have to deal with a long, harsh Winter of tests, cancellations, and stress. Please keep yourself and your family safe. The primary person who is spreading lies and telling people that Covid is over is only here to enrage, hurt, and belittle people for being safe. Please ignore them forever like all of us smart people are doing. Like 45, he will be gone and forgotten shortly.

Happy Holidays,

Suttonheart

"

Happy holidays! Stay safe! I know we’ll get through this! ❤️❤️

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 07:59:30 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "^Stay safe, 8787. <3"

Thank you! You too! ❤️

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 07:57:43 PM

Yes. I’ve been to a restaurant but only outside and over the summer so I felt safer not knowing the status of my waiter or anyone else around. Not to mention, the last time I ate, outside, at a restaurant, the COVID numbers were very low and the vaccines were holding up pretty strongly against COVID at that time. We are currently in a surge where breakthrough infections are at an all time high. Not the same situation. 

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 19 2021, 07:39:11 PM

Broadway performer here who almost never comments on these boards but MUST chime in regarding this. To say unvaccinated people “shouldn’t be a part of the equation” is quite possibly one of the most reckless and ignorant things you could say. I have a baby at home who CANT be vaxxed because they are too young. The “equation” is much bigger than us doing a show for you. Many of us have families that we come home to after performing. To suggest that we should stop

Aladdin cast  Aug 29 2013, 11:24:38 AM
News yet?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You