News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fenwic

fenwic Profile Photo
Member Name: fenwic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

For Sale: Ham 3/21 8PM, DEH 3/22 7PM
 Mar 21 2018, 10:41:09 AM
I'm not on these boards (or in NYC) a lot, so apologies if I'm doing this incorrectly. Guidance welcomed.

One of our group is delayed due to weather so we have the following tickets available to sell for cash. Prices listed are exacty what we paid;

Hamilton
3/21, 8PM
RMEZZ E 16
$211.05

Dear Evan Hansen
3/22, 7PM
MEZZC H 106
$180.75

Paper tickets printed from PDF.

FALSETTOS Previews
 Oct 2 2016, 06:55:20 PM

LightsOut90 said: "merch report anyone?"

I saw the show Saturday night and everything currently on the website (http://shoplct.com/falsettos/) was available except I don't think the window card was out, yet, and I don't recall seeing the vocal selections book. 

Fyi, the heart keychain is a puffy stressball.  Also, in the show, Christian and Betsy have completely different hair than they do on the merch, and Anthony doesn't wear glasses.

What stars would you like to see on Broadway?
 Jun 26 2016, 01:02:19 AM

Agree about both Tveit and Fassbender.  I don't know if Fassbender has ever done stage, but I bet he'd be electric.  And considering the ratings for BrainDead, Tveit's schedule may clear up soon.

Speaking of X-Men, I wish James McAvoy would come to Broadway.  It would save me the expense of flying to London every other year. 

King Lear - SITP
 Aug 3 2014, 09:51:10 PM
Bump -- hoping for the latest on how the line is? For Much Ado, we got there at 6:30AM and had no problem getting tickets, but this sounds like a hotter ticket. We're going this Saturday, and were thinking 5AM...
Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 05:53:09 PM
@Bettyboy72 I've checked Jo-Ann's website (and YouTube channel) and am excited to go down there and price them out. There's a coupon (and they accept competitor coupons, too!), so I assume I'll get the best available price. I plan to keep it straightforward for most of my wee collection. Only the Macbeth will get the super-custom treatment :) Thanks again for the lead!
Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 02:59:36 PM
@Eris0303 Thanks so much for posting a pic, that's gorgeous! I've been thinking about doing something similar with Macbeth (Trafalgar Studios). Do you go the whole preservation route (acid-free backing and uv-filtered glass)?

Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 02:50:33 PM
@Bettyboy72 Ah, I live pretty close to a Jo-Ann's store. I didn't realize they do custom framing, thank you so much for the lead :)
Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 11:54:30 AM
Hee, thanks for your reply, xoffender45 :) I did go to Michael's, but went straight to custom framing. I'll go back and check out the 16x24 frames. Thanks!
Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 11:46:29 AM
Oh! I forgot about playbillstore.com, thank you. But do you prefer the frames from Michael's? I considered matting my window cards, so I think I understand the appeal of the extra bit of white background, and it's certainly less expensive than custom framing. But speaking of playbillstore.com, do you happen to have any of their Playbill frames? I don't know if I want to frame any of mine, but I'm curious about the frames...

Thanks for your reply!

Framing Window Cards
 Jan 10 2014, 10:34:19 AM
I have a small collection of window cards and have a few questions about framing them. I've searched and read through a few threads but didn't see an existing discussion that fit. Apologies if I missed anything.

Where do you get your frames? I'm very interested in Triton Gallery's wood frames. Does anyone have an opinion (and/or photos)? They look good, but before I shell out $45 a pop, I'd like to have more information. (I don't live in NYC, or I'd check them out in person.)

I visited http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com and http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com, and they look fine, but I'd really like wood frames.

I've also looked at custom framing at chain stores and local shops, but that seems to be the priciest way to go.

Speaking of which, what about acid-free backing and uv-protection? Is it a must? Obviously, we want to preserve our window cards, but we also want to pay rent and eat, so I'm wondering what most collectors here do?

Thanks in advance! I enjoyed the "Show us your Broadway poster wall" thread (https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1012488) and hope to have a similar wall someday :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You