News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LoveThoseMusicals

Member Name: LoveThoseMusicals
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME To Close September 3, 2023
 Aug 21 2023, 10:14:21 PM

This show makes people smile and enjoy their night at the theatre.  Every single person who saw it … including myself loved it so much more than they thought they would. 

Rather it was the marketing that didn’t get the concept across; the savage reviews by critics who can’t love anything not high brow or even the fact Brittany didn’t do any real promotion of the show - it’s sad something fun can’t survive.  

Jagged Little Pill National Tour
 Aug 31 2022, 10:43:59 PM

Just left the opening night performance. 

Overall a very strong showing for a first performance.  

The cast was in top form.  Heidi did an outstanding job. 

Jo got a full standing ovation after “You Outta Know”.  

Set changes were minimal - except the placement of the band. However the moving screens moved in a way that created the same illusion of the band coming in and out as

DIANA: THE MUSICAL Closing on December 19th
 Dec 10 2021, 07:36:03 PM

Dang. I can’t say I’m surprised, but this really makes me sad. 

I had really hoped this would at least make it through the holidays. 

it would be nice if grosses were broken back out by show so we could better really understand how a show is doing. 

Thank you Ryan Lowe (and the cast of "Chicago")
 Nov 11 2021, 10:51:47 AM

That's awesome.  Ryan is absolutely one of the nicest guys on Broadway.  He is always amazingly generous with this time, his friendship and his infectious laugher.  

Grosses
 Sep 28 2021, 08:49:45 AM

Any thoughts / announcements on when the posting of grosses will resume?  The Broadway League site indicates "when a normal schedule resumes" but what does that really mean?  I thought they would start posting post 9/14.

Broadway Theatre seating
 Jul 14 2019, 07:17:16 PM
I had the first row of the mezzanine last week (purchased via TodayTix). I couldn’t have been more pleased with the seats. For King Kong i really feel like they were the best seats in the house. The puppet is amazing to see - and from those seats you saw everything. I think much of the journey to Skull Island would be lost in the orchestra.

Just be aware —- no seats will fix the book or the score. But even with those flaws, I enjoyed it.

Lewiston/Clarkston
 Oct 21 2018, 08:23:09 AM
I don’t think it would be awkward to eat alone at all. The tables are set up in a random way - and there were several solos there when i saw it.
Lewiston/Clarkston
 Oct 17 2018, 02:50:37 AM
I could not agree more! I saw these Saturday evening and was blown away. Arnie is amazing in Lewiston and Edmund makes you fall in love with him in Clarkston. Well crafted and staged!
If/Then Tour Changes
 Feb 10 2016, 07:35:26 PM

I have been lucky enough to catch two stops on the If/Then tour (in Costa Mesa - the last week for  Idina/LaChanze/James and in Cincinnati with the new cast).  Both casts were great, and while I love the original cast - I did really enjoy the aspects of the new cast.  Jackie is amazing, btw.

As has been discussed on the previous threads, most content/staging remains the same.  The obvious change is the set.

But here is my question.  All the music  / s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You