News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for prayerforaduck

prayerforaduck Profile Photo
Member Name: prayerforaduck
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

7:00 PM curtain on a Saturday night...what????
 Oct 3 2010, 09:52:07 PM
5. When are your performances?

Performances are Wednesday through Sunday. Please check your tickets.

Hairspray, Les Miserables
Wednesday/Friday: 7:00pm
Thursday/Saturday/Sunday: 1:30pm & 7:00pm

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Curtains
Wednesday: 7:30pm
Thursday: 1:30pm & 7:30pm
Friday: 8:00pm
Saturday: 1:30pm & 8:00pm
Sunday: 1:30pm & 7:00pm

http://papermill.org/faqs/show-a-ticket-questions.html

re: The Times They are a-Closin'
 Nov 8 2006, 09:13:26 PM
I wanted to see this show, just to see Lisa, and I'm sad I won't get to now. I wasn't sure about the actual show, because from the video preview, some of my favorite Dylan songs were mangled beyond the point of recognition. But still, I wanted to see Lisa.
re: Manuel Exits The Times They Are A-Changin'; Standby Lisa Brescia Assume
 Oct 3 2006, 04:28:28 PM
Lisa is one of my two favorite women on Broadway (hence the avatar) - I'm so excited for her.
re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.
 Sep 14 2006, 02:19:36 PM
I think Felicia gets better with every performance. Each time I've seen it, that song gets better and better. I don't know how she does it.
re: What show do you want to be revived on Broadway?
 Sep 7 2006, 09:57:28 AM
Pippin.
re: MaddieLynch Lovers ..In the Wedding Singer
 Aug 24 2006, 01:13:28 PM
Odd...I always found Laura and Stephen to have incredible onstage chemistry, whereas Tina and Stephen fell flat for me. Every time I saw Laura and Stephen, as far as I could tell they were genuinely enjoying being on that stage together (and not in an "I'm your aunt" kind of way, in a "let's make out" kind of way...:) ). I just didn't get that with Tina up there.

Then again, I saw Tina in early June and she probably hadn't had time to grow in the role. Maybe.

re: Clumsy ROCKED out at THE WEDDING SINGER {8-23-06 Matinee} {Also POSSIBLE CONSTANTINE sighting}
 Aug 23 2006, 07:31:37 PM
I have to say, I quite enjoy the picture of Felicia in her costume.
re: Wheres Amy?
 Aug 17 2006, 11:19:24 PM
Actually, that's probably the waitress skirt. In previews, Amy used to have a waitress skirt that she sort of flipped around and it was the pink sparkly skirt, but she broke it somehow during the show, so until they got a new skirt made, Amy had to keep the regular waitress skirt on during Right In Front Of Your Eyes. I remember reading an interview with Cara where she said she had to wear Amy's costumes when she first went on for Amy because hers weren't ready or something, so I'd assume that's
 Aug 16 2006, 11:07:22 AM
Right On Time was only in the show for part of the previews in NY - I think less than two weeks, actually. I really liked Right on Time (though it seemed a bit dangerous, one night that I saw it from where I was sitting it looked like Laura got smacked in the face with a broom, though I think that was just because I was sitting so far to the right and she just didn't catch it, or something) but Someday works a lot better in the show and is better in terms of helping to define Julia's character.
re: Laura Benanti on Medical Leave, Tina Maddigan to fill in.
 Aug 15 2006, 07:45:33 PM
She's going to be out 4 to 6 weeks.

By that time, either a) the show will be closed

I hate to say it, but that could very well be the case - the show is not exactly thriving right now. Perhaps that is what the original poster intended when saying that Laura would not be returning.

I don't claim to know anything about her health, but simply judging from the note posted on her website, it would seem that Laura indeed does want to return to the show and will be if

Aug 13 2006, 10:04:17 PM
It was indeed, and very classy.

Tina will have quite an opportunity to really get used to the role as Laura recovers, which I'm hoping she'll do quickly, for her sake.

Aug 13 2006, 01:33:36 AM
Yes, I do wonder if anyone else went today.

I'm intensely curious about Kevin Kern as Robbie. I'd imagine he and Tina work well together.

re: PATTI AT RAVINIA - please post reviews here
 Aug 12 2006, 09:55:52 PM
I was going to plan a trip to Chicago to see this but changed my mind, and now I'm really wishing I hadn't.
 Aug 12 2006, 08:51:38 PM
I saw her in June, too. I'm glad to hear she's gotten better, though.
 Aug 12 2006, 08:23:55 PM
I might be a little biased, but I think Laura (who is still with the cast until anything official is announced otherwise, regardless of what a Variety article said - and by the way, I believe it said she has outs in September, and it's still August, so speculation there is kind of a moot point) and Stephen as Julia and Robbie have excellent chemistry. I've seen the show five times with Laura in and once with Tina, and I really do think that at least on stage, Stephen and Laura have better chemis
re: Is iluvtheatertrash Laura Benanti's bestest friend EVER?
 Aug 11 2006, 01:41:10 PM
Probably a bit of both. :)
re: Is iluvtheatertrash Laura Benanti's bestest friend EVER?
 Aug 11 2006, 01:32:05 PM
I think the real news from that article is that Hilary Duff had the sense to say no.
re: Vanity Fair ACL
 Aug 11 2006, 12:55:38 PM
Those are fantastic pictures.

I cannot WAIT to see this show.

re: Will Laura Leave Wedding Singer? Variety Thinks So
 Aug 10 2006, 11:23:16 PM
Well really, the only people that know if Laura's leaving Wedding Singer are the producers and Laura herself.

And if the article is to be believed, I'm glad to know Hilary had enough sense to say no.

re: What Actor Was So Good They Made You Cry?
 Aug 9 2006, 03:35:29 PM
I hardly ever cry at the theatre (my sister tells me it's because I have no soul...), but Lisa Brescia singing Still Hurting in Last Five Years made me visibly cry.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You