News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gogogreg

gogogreg Profile Photo
Member Name: gogogreg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How in the world was Jack Gilford considered Leading in the original production of Cabaret?
 Jan 28 2012, 01:52:22 PM
Same as when Tammy Grimes won the Tony in 1961 for Featured Actress for the role of Molly Brown in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Seriously, Featured Actress? She is the Whole Show!!
Same as Carlin Glynn and Henderson Forsythe for Miss Mona and the Sheriff in "Whorehouse" in 1979. They both won for Featured Actor and Actress, as well.

Best Album to listen to while working out!
 Oct 26 2011, 05:56:43 PM
"Smokey Joes Cafe" is a great one to work out to!
2 disc set. Each one is around 46 minutes.
If you do 10 minute miles, you can get around 4-1/2 miles on the first CD, and it really goes fast! Used to do it on the treadmill when I sang for Cunard Cruises all the time.
LOVE that one!

Rumor about next Reno Sweeney
 Oct 19 2011, 10:02:52 PM
I have seen SJB in a couple top C.L.O. productions here in So. Cal. as Polly in "Crazy For You" and I can say that her singing and dancing were superb. I think she is a great addition to this production.
Anything goes revival Billy and Hope casting
 Oct 11 2010, 03:22:04 AM
Howard Mcgillin, who was a terrific Billy in the last revival, certainly wasnt in his 20's, opposite Patti Lupone.....
Anything goes revival Billy and Hope casting
 Oct 11 2010, 01:32:42 AM
Here would be my idea of a pretty talented cast:

Reno- Sutton Foster
Billy- Harry Connick Jr.
Hope- Laura Osnes
Evelyn- Malcolm Gets
Moonface- Joel Grey
Mrs Harcourt- Debra Monk
Bonnie- Megan Sikora
Mr. Whitney- Johnathan Hadary

Ok, so what do you think? Would love to hear more suggestions...

re: Mitzi Gaynor
 Mar 10 2009, 07:54:11 PM
I was fortunate enough to be one of "Mitzi's Boys", singing and dancing with her on tour for around 6 months, in the 80's.
She is a consumate pro, and a hysterical woman. She would take us out to dinner, on every opening night, in every town we were in. She loved us like her family. Terrific memories, of a terrific woman.

re: Lane and Prince vs. Platt and Graham
 Mar 9 2009, 01:46:43 AM
I'm sure they would say the same about you, in any performance you were doing.....
re: MEMPHIS to Open on Broadway Fall 2009
 Mar 4 2009, 01:07:26 PM
I am so happy for them....One of my close friends, and old dance partners has been in it since La Jolla. I saw it there,....and had a great time. Chad and Montego are amazing. I wish them nothing but the best!....Love ya, Jill....
re: The Marvelous Wonderettes
 Feb 22 2009, 10:44:19 PM
No problem, CSonbroadway,..
Sure, its no "Sweeney Todd", or "Les Miserab;es"....but hopefully, you're not going in with that mindset.
If you're going in with the mindset to be taken back to a more innocent time, with great music for ladies, and to just "Smile" for a couple of hours,.....then this show is for you.

re: The Marvelous Wonderettes
 Feb 22 2009, 10:34:36 PM
As both someone who has a close friend in the show, and as someone who has worked in both professional Theater and Cruise Ships for over 20 years....I dont agree with you at all.....
If you enjoy nostalgic musical revues, with top notch vocals, then this is the show for you....

re: RENT Filmed LIVE on Broadway! -- Released TODAY
 Feb 4 2009, 08:00:49 PM

Although I live in Palm Springs, I was pleasantly surprised to find it at my WalMart today. It was only $19.96.
I just finished watching it and was blown away. I thought the whole cast was amazing. Amazing chemistry between them all, as well.I felt so much more into it emotionally, then when I first saw the movie version. Bravo to the director, and technical crew.

re: HAIR Cast Day 3 - Burns, Kiyan, Lewis, Reinking & Sengbloh
 Jan 28 2009, 04:23:58 PM
...Rumor has it that it may be the great, Shohshana Bean...
I would love to here her on "Good Morning, Starshine...." WOW!

re: How is the U.S. tour cast of 'Mamma Mia!'
 Oct 21 2008, 02:56:14 PM
I have to say that one of my good friends, Anthony, is in the cast and has been for several years. They keep the cast's clean and tight, so this cast is very strong. I think if you have not seen the show before, then by all means, go and enjoy!!
re: BWW Scoop: Sean Hayes & Anne Hathaway Star in Bway Bound 'Promises, Pro
 Oct 21 2008, 02:51:31 PM

Oct 21 2008, 02:50:51 PM
spell who's name?....
 Oct 21 2008, 02:43:35 PM
Lets put your Resume' and Emmy awards, up against Sean Haye's,
then see who can act or sing.......

re: Mitzi at South Pacific
 Oct 10 2008, 02:03:08 PM
She does wear her age well, Mamie.
I had the great fortune of touring with Mitzi in the 80's as one of her "Boys" for over 6 months. She is one of the most generous, sincere, and lovely women that I have ever met.Every week, a different city, and every week, without fail, she would take all of us out to dinner on Opening Night. I remember her standing in the wings, when not on stage, and watching and cheering us on. a true "Star". She is the epitome of "Old Hollywood Class". Cheers Mitzi!..

re: Mitzi at South Pacific
 Oct 10 2008, 02:02:54 PM

re: Amazing photos of Jim Brochu as Zero Mostel in L.A.
 Jul 29 2006, 11:36:28 PM
Steve,
Oh my god!!! Jim looks AMAZING!!!
Steve, I dont know if Jim would remember me, but I was in that
show that Rue Mclanahan wrote called "Oedipus,Schmedipus,..."
back in 1991 at the Golden Theater in Burbank with him!!!
I played Euballum, one of the slaves! I doubt he remembers me,
but please tell him I said Congratulations,actually to you both
for also doing "The Last Session", which I saw 3 times and loved also. Istill am in So. Cal. also, and I hope to get to s

re: MAMMA MIA Tour
 Jul 27 2006, 09:54:43 PM
Hi,
This is my first time responding in this message board, after months of enjoying everyone elses messages.
The Mamma Mia tour is FANTASTIC!!!!
I am personal friends with 2 of the 3 leading ladies, and I have to say that Laurie Wells as Donna Sheridan is probably on of the best Donna's I have ever seen. Laurie and I were singers together for a Cruise Line years ago, and we remain friends to this day. She is AMAZING!!! She is the youngest Donna they've had, but her acting and singin

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You